You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why Alexis Sanchez should be our top target

WrongIslander

Inter and Chelsea were the front runners for Sanchez in January. Inter dropped out after they bought another forward in Jan. Chelsea though are believed to have enquired about Sanchez and Hazard but were told a move was unlikely in winter.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inter and Chelsea were the front runners for Sanchez in January. Inter dropped out after they bought another forward in Jan. Chelsea though are believed to have enquired about Sanchez and Hazard but were told a move was unlikely in winter.
I think any bids would have been rejected in january, as the club simply did not want to sell. Im quite sure the bid was from Chelsea though. If the player is keen to move during the summer I certainly hope we are willing to throw some money around. Dont think he should cost more than 25-30 mill euroes. It is diffcult to tell, as we do not know how the market will be altered following the Fair Play rules. I do however, we need the player to be asking to leave if the price should drop far enough for us to consider moving.

Sanchez would be my primary target, hazard as number two.. One of them, at around 25 mill, a DM at 15 mill (MVila / Matuidi) and a CB at 15-20 mill (Sakho/Richard/Cahill). That should be around 60. Considering we already have Marveaux (apparently), we should be ok in terms of attacking players. We could use a left back though, but a player like Taiwo is a free agent during the summer. With sign on fees etc, this should bring spending to around 70.

Selling:

Aquilani 11

Skrtel 8

Konchesky 2

Poulsen 2

Jones 1

N´Gog 4

Kuyt 5 (unlikely, but would love it)

Jovanovic 6

(If Sanchez would get in, we can sell NGog and Kuyt as Sanchez would work up front as well.)

these players would accumulate around 40 million. An outlay of 30 million would be well within the reach of the club as we have been used to spunking 40 on our LBO debt anyway. I just hope the staff see the severe restrictions some of our players possess.

This should be a lot of deadwood and shit players out, and 4-5 good additions come in. Should really not be a problem to do a decent overhaul without spending too much. I just hope we are willing to splash some cash for someone real.... like Alexis Sanchez. He has the attitude of Tevez, the speed of Ronaldo, slippery like Robben and got more than enough tricks up his sleeve, a good cross, AND an eye for goal. A striker, an attacking central mid, a winger and a right sided midfielder in an attacking side. Cant go wrong, this lad will be sublime.

Even being pessimistic if we look to sell:

Konchesky - 2m

Agger - 5m

Skrtel - 5m

Jovanovic - 3m

Maxi - 3m

Poulsen - 3m

Aquilani - 10m

Insua - 2m

33m

Now say we are overly stupid with our fees:

We pay 60m for 3 defenders (a cb and 2 full backs)

we pay 20m for our defensive midfielder

we pay 30m for our Sanchez type player, doesn't have to be him just similair.

79m and we have a team and squad capable of challenging not for the CL but for the TITLE. That's if we throw stupid money after every player.

We either sit on our assess and capitulate and see the CL as a distant memory or we spend now on young quality players and drive us forward to a better more lucrative future for FSG and for us.

Speculate to accumulate, it's what their business model is, a successful product successfully marketed. Can you imagine what this club is worth if it starts competing for the title, wins it and goes deep in Europe?

79m is change.

You've turned into Code !

Udinese have received a bid of around €30million (£25.4million) for Alexis Sanchez, according to chairman Franco Soldati.

The Chile forward, 22, scored four goals in his side's 7-0 win over Palermo at the weekend.

"Somebody has already proposed a figure close to €30m-€35m, but I cannot say who," Soldati told Sky Italia. "In any case, the player is attracting interest in Italy and abroad - in England."

Sanchez, who has been linked with Manchester United and Chelsea, first moved to Udinese in 2008 and has become an increasingly important member of their first team

Read more: Manchester United Chelsea transfer news Udinese claim they have received a bid of around £25m for Chile winger Alexis Sanchez who has been linked with United and Chelsea - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

It's more your problem than mine that you can't see the quality of Toulalan or Gourcuff who are both class players.

Gourcuff I can understand you trying to take the piss about as you've probably only see YT vids of him but Toulalan has been to Anfield and was brilliant and out of position no less.

If you can't see what Fletcher brings to United by now then you never will.

Why is it always the most insulting people who offer nothing to the conversation?

Two other players I really liked and banged on about were Pato and Aguero, not to mention Mascherano before you probably knew who he was either.

If you have something to say about football or players you have seen then feel free to start again, if not please take your pointless insults and remove them and yourself from this thread about football.

Some reading for you:

Jeremy Toulalan Excited About AC Milan Interest*|*Total Football Madness

France’s key man: Jeremy Toulalan - France

Cheers.

im glad its only my problem and no other premiership manager has made the same mistake as you...i do wonder why they are still playing in a shit league if they are truly class players though. so basically everybody in football is wrong apart from you...

they fact you talent spotted pato, aguero and masherano when the whole world was already talking about them is hardly something to rave about.

and if we are talking footballers i like charlie adam and i think he would make a huge difference to our team.

more of an impact as fletcher has on united in fact ;)

EDIT: i just read your post about spending money on young players and needing to do it now......

i actually couldnt agree more with you on that, we need young quick players and lots of them, we have no blistering pace in the squad anymore...

Isnt Sanchez more of a genuine winger and Hazard a wide attacking midfielder?
They are both capable to play behind a striker, but I think Hazard would prefer a central position, while Sanchez likes to be out wide. It is not that Hazard is incapable, but he sees more of the ball in the centre that enhances his game. I also think Sanchez can be used as a striker (no 9), while I have my doubts that hazard can play as a striker (a number 9). Considering what we do have today, and their preferred position I would opt for Sanchez. Besides he has a proper attitude and seems to be more "solid" physically.

Yeah, don't really get this. He'll go to the Mancs, he looks like the sort of guy who loves the Mancs and I can already picture him smiling, beaming, holding up a United scarf for the paps on signing day.

If you're going to throw £30m at a player, then there's plenty more fish in the sea, I wouldn't get upset about losing out on this one.

Pastore

Hazard

Muller

Marin

Munain

Griezmann

Just some of the names that money can buy, who can vastly improve our creative output.

But I'd much rather we still weren't taken for a ride when it comes to paying premiums for good players, because I thought the point in Damien Comolli was finding these players early and saving us a shit-ton of money?

James Rodriguez at Banfield, epic talent, for example. Paulo Henrique as well.

And bear in mind what Barcelona have acheived, without wingers. Small, quick players are where it's at. Not necessarily wingers.

Yeah, don't really get this. He'll go to the Mancs, he looks like the sort of guy who loves the Mancs and I can already picture him smiling, beaming, holding up a United scarf for the paps on signing day.

If you're going to throw £30m at a player, then there's plenty more fish in the sea, I wouldn't get upset about losing out on this one.

Pastore

Hazard

Muller

Marin

Munain

Griezmann

Just some of the names that money can buy, who can vastly improve our creative output.

But I'd much rather we still weren't taken for a ride when it comes to paying premiums for good players, because I thought the point in Damien Comolli was finding these players early and saving us a shit-ton of money?

James Rodriguez at Banfield, epic talent, for example. Paulo Henrique as well.

And bear in mind what Barcelona have acheived, without wingers. Small, quick players are where it's at. Not necessarily wingers.

He joined Porto.

I think Sanchez is probably the best winger that we could realistically sign.

Rumours on twatter about an English club getting a bid in 30m region accepted for him. Probably not true, but.

It's not gonna be us, surely?

God I hope so, has to be the Mancs or Chelski though I reckon.

Slight glimmer of hope?

Liverpool are secret Alexis Sanchez bidders with £27.5m | FootyBunker.com

I'm hoping United are concentrating on the "bargain" Young instead and that Chelsea are giving things time to settle (fat chance).

Chelsea don't give a damn who knows their business usually though, we're the ones that try and be most discrete.

Wrong Islander = Derek Faucett :lol:

There is a very slim chance of us making a bid for him. All I know is that Chelsea are ahead as far as the talks are concerned.

You don't KNOW anything, you've been told things in the past and you're now ignoring what may have happened since.

Oh and for the record, I'm not Derek Faucett.

18-5: Only the true Derek Faucett would deny that.

WrongIslander: Alright I am Derek Faucett

18-5: He is Derek Faucett!

What are Derek's sources in Italy? No one knows. I browse though Marca, AS, El Mundo Deportivo and Gazetta dello sport (there is an English version for this) almost every day- I don't know those languages but I can recognize if there is talk of Liverpool interest or articles related to us. There had been talk of Inter for a while until they signed Pazzini and then Chelsea's interest at the end of the January transfer window.

We were interested in him but that was when Rafa was in charge a full two years ago. I am sorry but you seem to be desperate for this transfer to happen- which is why you are quoting a very dodgy source to convince us. He may solve a lot of our problems but there hasn't been any indication from us that we are in for Alexis Sanchez.

What are Derek's sources in Italy? No one knows. I browse though Marca, AS, El Mundo Deportivo and Gazetta dello sport (there is an English version for this) almost every day- I don't know those languages but I can recognize if there is talk of Liverpool interest or articles related to us. There had been talk of Inter for a while until they signed Pazzini and then Chelsea's interest at the end of the January transfer window.

We were interested in him but that was when Rafa was in charge a full two years ago. I am sorry but you seem to be desperate for this transfer to happen- which is why you are quoting a very dodgy source to convince us. He may solve a lot of our problems but there hasn't been any indication from us that we are in for Alexis Sanchez.

The nationals sometimes get the story late, it's not the first time it's happened and won't be the last.

We were interested in him, but since he got better and matured as a player now we're not?

I am desperate for the transfer to happen but all I did was say there was a "slight glimmer of hope" I didn't quote like it was a done deal like you're making out.

When do we indicate that we are in for players until it's made known?

When did we indicate we were in for Meireles?

I'd say neither of us KNOW anything, I'm just hoping as you point out so what's wrong with that?

If there is serious interest from the likes of the mancs (or any team who will pay big bucks and offer champions league football) then we aren't in the running.

How can you possibly know that? Maybe he prefers the system Liverpool would play with 3 up top, maybe he wants to do what Suarez did and sign for what he called "the best club in the world" other than Ajax.

Would you have not said the same thing about Suarez? There were others interested, teams that could have given him CL football but he came here and he said that was always his intention.

I can understand once again where you are coming from but the fact is none of us KNOW anything. We may have made a bid, we may not. We may be a serious option for him, we may not. Mark Gonzalez could have had a word and said how great it is to play at Anfield even though it didn't work out for him, wouldn't be the first time a past player who didn't make it has waxed lyrical about the club. He may see the Spanish coaching staff and Pepe as a way to easily transition?

Given our past record in general I'd say we're probably not in there, but who knows, this could be the dawn of a new era where we strike while the iron is hot. He ticks all the FSG boxes so it's not that unrealistic.