You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Can't post link as I'm on my phone but moussa sissoko said in interview over weekend he was in talks with us, but decided to stay with Toulouse till summer, google it u should find it. Goal( I know) had it and there was quotes from thr player, could be a runner in summer maybe?

I sure hope so... He'd be perfect, and exactly what we need.

Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko, since his debut in 2007, has established himself as one of the brightest stars in France's next generation of footballers.

He's become a full international and has caught the eye of some of Europe's biggest clubs, including Liverpool and Manchester United.

Still, the young star had decided to stay in Toulouse to continue his development, but he does admit that eventually, he'll want to make the move to a big English club like Liverpool.

"I would be delighted if one day I am lucky to join a big English club," he told France Football.

"But I don't think about it so far. I had contacts with English clubs, notably Liverpool, but I preferred to commit myself to Toulouse, the club where I have been educated, to get more experience.

"It is up to me to go on improving, to become a world class player, to play in the biggest clubs and to join the French team as soon as possible."

Sissoko, as a box-to-box midfielder, would not fill a position of need for Liverpool, but the 21-year-old's talents are undeniable, and a young player of his caliber would surely be welcome in the side. He is currently valued at just over £10 million, according to Transfermarkt.co.uk

Hazard won't go to Chelsea. Even Stevie Wonder could see they need major work done on it and if we go on a mad run could even nick 4th off them. The Everton defeat could mess the head up even more than it is already. We should target Honda as well. Always heard good thing about him. Has a good engine on him to. Does he play a bit like Gerrard did when he was younger (box to box)?

Heard he takes corners pretty well too.

Kenny's played with enough midfield hardmen to know that it's what we're missing.

But, like Wenger said in his interview before the cup final yesterday, there's a balance to be struck between getting a top player in now, and disallusioning the youth team players that could be close to filling that gap.

Coady is the future there, or at least seems to be. I wouldn't totally dismiss the idea of someone like Barry Ferguson or someone of that age to be bought as a stop-gap measure.

I mean, in theory, Poulson was bought for that reason, but he's just lacking the bite and intensity required in the Premiership to do that job.

Marcus Senna?

I think the West Ham game showed we need alot of new faces, 2xCB, 1xLB , DM , CM, LM/LW, RM/RW and perhaps another striker and if the reports about Pepe are true then we may well need another goalkeeper =( --- 20m and we have to listen to offers, apparently Chelsea have been sniffing.

Barry Ferguson is the bastard that slapped Koscielnys head whilst celebrating Birminghams goal yesterday.

Was it him? I saw it at the time and I knew it would have been one of the top cunts in the Brum midfield. Pretty classless behaviour like.

We spent a bloody fortune on Andy Carroll. Regardless of whether he turns into the next Kop hero ornot, it was a lot of money considering the whole squad needs a revamp.

Kenny's got some big decisions:-

the question of Gerrard - what role for him? He's not getting any fitter, and, it's also a lot to ask of him to remain injury free. I'd offer Pepe the Captaincy, as an inticement to stay. Having the regular captain on the pitch throuout the season may help with the teams overall confidence, especially youngsters. Then, possibly limit Gerrard to an attacking mid position when fit, not expecting much defensive hard work from him. Maybe put him on the RM?

The question of Carragher - I think there's another season in him, but he needs Agger in the backline with him for his own sake.

The question of Agger - I'm now wondering if it's worth persevering with him. Immense when fit, but never fully fit. He's enjoying working with Kenny, but fuck we need consistant fitness in the backline.

The question of Kuyt - Suarez and Carroll are now our striking pair. I think we'll see less of Kuyt, he may even get sold. He may be willing to sit on the bench and backup the 2 main strikers. If so, I have no problem.

The Question of Maxi Poulson & N'gog - sell them. no ifs, no buts...the combined cash may get us our much needed holding mid player (no idea who).

There's more needed obviously, but I trust Kenny and the staff to do great things if they have the support of the money-masters.

We spent a bloody fortune on Andy Carroll. Regardless of whether he turns into the next Kop hero ornot, it was a lot of money considering the whole squad needs a revamp.

Kenny's got some big decisions:-

the question of Gerrard - what role for him? He's not getting any fitter, and, it's also a lot to ask of him to remain injury free. I'd offer Pepe the Captaincy, as an inticement to stay. Having the regular captain on the pitch throuout the season may help with the teams overall confidence, especially youngsters. Then, possibly limit Gerrard to an attacking mid position when fit, not expecting much defensive hard work from him. Maybe put him on the RM?

The question of Carragher - I think there's another season in him, but he needs Agger in the backline with him for his own sake.

The question of Agger - I'm now wondering if it's worth persevering with him. Immense when fit, but never fully fit. He's enjoying working with Kenny, but fuck we need consistant fitness in the backline.

The question of Kuyt - Suarez and Carroll are now our striking pair. I think we'll see less of Kuyt, he may even get sold. He may be willing to sit on the bench and backup the 2 main strikers. If so, I have no problem.

The Question of Maxi Poulson & N'gog - sell them. no ifs, no buts...the combined cash may get us our much needed holding mid player (no idea who).

There's more needed obviously, but I trust Kenny and the staff to do great things if they have the support of the money-masters.

You'd offer Pepe the captancy to stay? Listen if Pepe wants to fuckin go he can go, we have a captain a fuckin good 1, and he's the best player at the club, like Torres before him if pepe wants to go then let us know and we'll let you go, and move on

That Hitzlsperger looked tidy. He'd be alright for a stop-gap for a year.

He is a tidy player but he is also extremely injury prone and only made his debut for West Ham last Monday in the FA cup tie with Burnley having signed for them in the summer.

Even with Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll brought to Anfield in the January window, there's no denying that Liverpool could greatly benefit from another new forward to supplant David Ngog and Dirk Kuyt as the club's third forward option.

In that vein, 23-year-old Ivory Coast international Gervinho has been linked to Anfield, and according to Sky Sports, Liverpool is

"thought to be leading the chase for his signature."

Liverpool reportedly made a bid for the Lille forward in December, and he was also a transfer target of Roy Hodgson's this past summer.

Still, while Gervinho acknowledges the interest and has great respect for Liverpool, his current focus is at Lille, where he has scored 23 goals in 53 appearances.

"I am relaxed and want to win the league here, my future does not only depend on me, at the moment I am happy here and the club does not want to sell," he said.

"Liverpool? They are a great team, like Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, so let's wait and see at the end of season, things change quickly in football."

Arsenal is also reportedly interested in Gervinho, and the forward is currently valued at £12 million, per TransferMarkt. He can play either as a striker or in a wide position.

Report: Liverpool 'Leading Chase' for Gervinho's Signature - Liverpool FC - NESN.com