You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
Boycs, is that you?

I don't know what or who a Boycs is.

I'm not really defending them, I'm more having a go at the system and the people that immediately reach for the pitchforks.

I'm also having a dig at the holier than though people that say they'd never say or think that.

Utter bollocks and they all know it.

Guest davelfc
The presenters on Loose Women must be shitting themselves.

I've never watched it but I'm guessing they have a little banter about men? Not a chance that would ever make the news, why would it?

I think we should start a campaign for equal rights, I might go and chain myself to some railings to get it all started. Anyone with me?

Overblown bollocks, virtually everybody who watched that match would have made some kind of comment on there being a female linesman. Having women involved in the game is a novelty, and more than a little odd. I don't like the female commentator you hear sometimes, it just doesn't sound right, and I've every right to feel like that if I want to, doesn't mean I'm going to kill her kids.

King Kenny asks Sky's Vinny O Connor if it's alright to proceed with press conference as a female was present in the room.

Fucking ace.

Spot on. And he put him on spot a bit later as well.

It's fucking great having a manager who doesn't take any shit from reporters. I love it the way he puts them down when nagging about transfer news.

Seems it is ok to slate men, call us names, ridicule us in adverts and on many tv shows. We accept it, laugh it off. Man flu for example, insurance companies telling women they are better drivers (little bit of a compliment works wonders for sales) I could go on. Seems there's only an uproar when it's not men being part of a joke.

Oh yes and womens football is shit, there I said it.

I think you're wide of the mark there, Dave.

It's like a white person saying, "I don't care if black people call me 'whitey', but they get all angry when we call them names..."

It's to do with cultural dominance and the maintenance of the status quo.

Men can shrug off female sexism because at the end of they day, they have more dominance and power. White people can shrug off racism because they have more dominance and power.

It's the cultural majority keeping the cultural minority down, and keeping the power and wealth themselves.

Keys/Gray are both symptomatic of this cultural/political/social system and also part of the reason it is maintained. These are not blokes down the pub, they are mainstream media. And their views will be applauded by many men.

But anyway...

If they had made on-air "banter" remarks it would probably been more accepted. This was off-air, genuine sexism and this needs to be tackled head on in my view.

Though it is always going to be difficult to do so on such a male-driven forum as ours!

And there's more....

Andy Gray faces increasing pressure to quit Sky Sports after it emerged he was involved in ANOTHER sexist rant at the same female official.

Sky have already suspended Gray and Richard Keys from the Bolton v Chelsea clash as the furore surrounding their sexist comments escalates.

Gray has now been caught discussing assistant referee Sian Massey in derogatory terms during a pre-match interview with reporter Andy Burton, who could now face questions over his own role in the saga, before the match between Wolves and Liverpool at Molineux.

In the footage, reporter Burton claims a colleague described Massey as a 'bit of a looker'. 'He says she is alright,' Burton added. 'Now I don't know if I should trust his judgement on that?'

Gray replied: 'Nah, I wouldn't. I definitely wouldn't.'

A member of the Sky team then refers to Massey again, and Gray is heard saying: 'I can see her from here [expletives].

What do women know about the offside rule?'

It will increase the pressure on Gray to justify holding on to his position at the TV channel.

Presenter David Jones and analyst Jamie Redknapp stood in at the Reebok Stadium for the Monday Night Football regulars Gray and Keys. Former Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce replaced Gray in the commentary box.

Sky are struggling to take the heat out of the controversy that has raged since their shocking comments about Massey before Wolves v Liverpool.

After suspending the pair for Monday's match, Sky Sports managing director Barney Francis confirmed in a statement: 'I have spoken directly to both Richard Keys and Andy Gray this morning. It has been made clear to each of them that their comments were totally unacceptable.

'Those views are inexcusable, entirely inconsistent with our ethos as a business and employer, and will rightly offend many of our customers, our people, and the wider public. They are inexcusable from anyone at Sky, regardless of their role or seniority.

Andy Gray caught in SECOND sexist tirade over female official after Sky Sports suspend him and Richard Keys | Mail Online

Guest davelfc
I think you're wide of the mark there, Dave.

It's like a white person saying, "I don't care if black people call me 'whitey', but they get all angry when we call them names..."

You might make a great point but I ignored the rest when you brought race into the whole thing. There's just no fucking need, let's bring hitler in and make it a full house.

It's not even remotely the same. Men and women are different for a reason. At some things they kick our arse and at some things we kick theirs. The male v female debate will never go away because it's supposed to be there.

I don't consider women to be inferior, but I am male so my judgement on them will be tainted by that.

Gray and Keys have been in a male dominated sport for years, they didn't say those things live on air, they said them in private. As has been said they are things that most fans will have said at some point.

I think she did quite well, for a women :whistle:

Overblown bollocks, virtually everybody who watched that match would have made some kind of comment on there being a female linesman. Having women involved in the game is a novelty, and more than a little odd. I don't like the female commentator you hear sometimes, it just doesn't sound right, and I've every right to feel like that if I want to, doesn't mean I'm going to kill her kids.

There's a world of difference between thinking someone can't do a job because their voice is annoying, and someone being unable to do it because she can't understand the offside trap because she's a woman. Especially when her performance was several levels above the clueless retard in the middle of the pitch.

And a night off, probably on full pay, isn't much of a punishment.

Guest davelfc
Haha hope both of them agenda driven cunts get fired. That woman lino is probably a lot better than all the male buffoons that ref in the league

Anyone would be better than the idiot that was running the line in the derby.

It's a novelty having a female linesman, let's get over it. My main concern is if I have one running in front of me in the paddock and I spend more time looking at her arse than the game.

(am I allowed to say that?)

Can someone enlighten me just why Andy Gray's phone was being tapped [and indeed tapped by another part of the mega-corporation which pays his salary?] Sorry if it's already been explained, but the fact he's both been to court AND won a privacy ruling would suggest there's something quite interesting that will come out about him?