You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GF Comedy Wars R1 - Porridge vs. I'm Alan Partridge

Porridge vs. I'm Alan Partridge  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Porridge vs. I'm Alan Partridge

''That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains they 'Paved paradise to put up a parking lot', a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world.''

Pure class.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'I'm going to be back on the television, did, did you used to watch my show?'

'Oh yes, loved it haha'

'AAAHHHAAAAAAAA!'

*confused look* 'hmm'

'Guess which one of you two I'm about to have sex with now?'

'Micheal you're hanging around with a man who uses a plural term for a singular vehicle!'

Anyone who voted Partridge is either too young to remember just how good porridge was or has got fucking awful taste.

when the Beeb did this poll Partidge finished at number 42 just behind birds of a feather and bread. Porridge was in the top 10 just behind yes minster and fawlty towers. The GF is fucked up if it votes for partridge.

They are both brilliant but Porridge is a timeless classic that has been passed down from generation to generation and transcends all kinds of boundaries. Partridge is a modern day funny show that is excellent for what it is but it isn't PORRIDGE.

Coogan himself would probably be embarrased by the turn around in this poll.

Anyone who voted Partridge is either too young to remember just how good porridge was or has got fucking awful taste.

when the Beeb did this poll Partidge finished at number 42 just behind birds of a feather and bread. Porridge was in the top 10 just behind yes minster and fawlty towers. The GF is fucked up if it votes for partridge.

That beeb poll was clearly a fucking disgrace, voted for by massive cunts.

This is the real poll and Partridge is rightly winning.

Must be foolproof then... If you asked my granny what's better between IAP and Bread, she'd say Bread. But then she's about 80 and hasn't got a clue about comedy, like most of the people who voted in that poll it seems...