You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Benitez

d.k.E.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TesticleOReilly
You forget, we're not talking 20 years difference. But, if you make such simplifications, perhaps that's why you glibly state 'adjusted for inflation' and dont take into consideration one transfer he got 30m when 12 months previous he was desparate, yes, desparate to move the same player out of the club for less than 15m.

You also conveniently forget or dismiss, the tv money inflating all transfers which meant he was able to get more than he paid for several players such as those I mentioned in a previous response.

But dont bother answering because we all know you'll just give some other glib response.

Can't believe I'm continuing with this bollocks.

What I originally saw was this:

This message is hidden because BolshieBastard is on your ignore list.

However ... inflation, regardless of television money, is approx a third per 10 year cycle (but being a finance guru you'd know this, surely?). Houllier's £150M is, in today's money, £195M. Still not £220M, I grant you, but not the massive difference you try and claim. Ged spent shitloads.

What I don't quite understand, tho', is how you define inflation. See, the Alonso I knew was ours for 4 years, and was below par, through a combination of injury and form, for 3 of those years. Not crap, like some people try and say, but below par. Hence Benitez wanting rid. Because he was below par, he was worth £15M. A £15M buy that no-one wanted. Only after having his nose put out of joint did he suddenly become Super Xabi!! Inflation had fuck all to do with it, dick chops.

This time it is ciao.

Can't believe I'm continuing with this bollocks.

What I originally saw was this:

This message is hidden because BolshieBastard is on your ignore list.

However ... inflation, regardless of television money, is approx a third per 10 year cycle (but being a finance guru you'd know this, surely?). Houllier's £150M is, in today's money, £195M. Still not £220M, I grant you, but not the massive difference you try and claim. Ged spent shitloads.

What I don't quite understand, tho', is how you define inflation. See, the Alonso I knew was ours for 4 years, and was below par, through a combination of injury and form, for 3 of those years. Not crap, like some people try and say, but below par. Hence Benitez wanting rid. Because he was below par, he was worth £15M. A £15M buy that no-one wanted. Only after having his nose put out of joint did he suddenly become Super Xabi!! Inflation had fuck all to do with it, dick chops.

This time it is ciao.

Oh look! Despite saying you wouldnt be back, here you are! And you expect us to believe anything you say when you've proved you talk shite?

As for alonso being out of form for 3 years! Well, now I know you talk shit because you've just inflated the urban myth that he was shit for 2 years by 50%!

Well fucking done!

Apart from Fergie.

Gill said that the proceeds of the £81m sale of Ronaldo to Real Madrid have been ringfenced for squad strengthening. He also said that the club's £709m debt was serviceable and that it was only because of Ferguson's thrift that the funds for player recruitment have not been spent. Asked if there was still money for United to maintain their recent primacy in the Premier League, Gill said: "Without doubt."

Sir Alex Ferguson can spend, says Manchester United's David Gill | Football | guardian.co.uk

Gill said that the proceeds of the £81m sale of Ronaldo to Real Madrid have been ringfenced for squad strengthening. He also said that the club's £709m debt was serviceable and that it was only because of Ferguson's thrift that the funds for player recruitment have not been spent. Asked if there was still money for United to maintain their recent primacy in the Premier League, Gill said: "Without doubt."

Sir Alex Ferguson can spend, says Manchester United's David Gill | Football | guardian.co.uk

I believe you, David Gill. I have no reason to doubt anything you say as higher up types within football clubs never lie or anything like that.

His reign has been no better or worse than Houlliers really has it? No disgrace in that like but it hasn't exactly been winning football throughout Rafa's reign, that is being very economical with the truth.

If we end up 7th like we are right now then that is unjustifiable and not winning football. That is mid-table mediocrity but some people are easily pleased.

Ok John, I dont really think that, a 2nd, 2 3rds, twice over 80 points, 3 times over 70 something Ged only achieved once plus 4 european Semi finals in 6 seasons, with a CL, Fa cup and maybe a UEFA cup and league cup final loss is well above Ged IMHO.

But lets forget that, lets agree, their tenures are about equal. I backed Ged and it wasnt until the Pompie Cup loss I decided his time was up, but I felt he deserved the 2nd season to try and turn it around. He'd done enough in the league cups and the Treble season to make us belive again and after his illness, he was rightly given two seasons to regain his mojo.

He didnt and its a shame as a terribly likeable man was shown the door, but it was the right decision.

So following this through, isnt it only right and proper that Rafa is allowed one more season to turn us around. ?

Last years 86 points, and the 82 points in 06, are our highest league points totals since the 87-88 season, regarded by many as one of our best seaons ever, when we got 90 points. Even then, they played 4 games more to reach that total.

After the CL win in 05, many complained about the lack of investment, which would take us from that high to kick us on domestically and in the CL.

In 2007 we wanted the new owners to invest to capitalise on the CL final we'd lost. Most agreed with Rafa little rant on the morning after.

So why were these calls not made again last summer, surely after our best season in 22 years, we needed to invest, to kick on, to move forward ?

But besides my own feelings, if Ged deserved 2 years to get it right, so does Rafa.

That's true mate, but I just think no matter if we played like Brazil 70 Everyone would still be pissed off with us losing 18 times.

Thats exactly it. If Jose or Oneil came here the styule of football and in the intent to play it the 'proper' way, wouldnt really change, it would be as it is now. On the flip side, most people were glad when Evans went as we were the exact opposite of Rafa, pleasing on the eye , but awful in results.

Managers are judged on results pure and simple, so style of footie will always take aback seat to plain and simply results and Rafa knows he needs to win again.

The only trouble Rafa has got, is if he deos stay and we reapeat last seasons form, instead of this, then some people still wont give him any credit.

The sort who say '8 weeks of decent football in 6 years isnt good enough'.