You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manuel Pellegrini

Faustus

So the team that got to the CL final wasn't really in place?

Who cares if they made 2 CL finals? They won no major trophies til he came to them.

Valencia played two CL foinals in a row before Rafa took over and they lost their second final against Bayern M on penalties.

We won our CL final on penalties.

I guess it was all down to Rafa`s tatctical brilliance compared to Cuper at Valencia, dont you?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one has only proven to be very good at the moment! Sorry but he isn't exactly a young up and coming manager, and has been in La Liga for a good few years and hasn't won anything of note.

Certainly compared to Ramos anyhow, who would give most of us a fit if he was appointed.

Except those in the 'ABB' camp obviously.

A lot of them are Internationals, who would get work permits.

Then there are South Americans already in Europe, perhaps playing in weaker leagues.

For e.g Eguren played for 3/4 years in Scandanavia. He cost £1.3m. He's a very good player.

A lot of them possibly wouldn't get passed/through our current scouting system. Some of them Rafa might deem not to have the right mentality, defensive capability.

Which is why Villarreal under Pellegrini were excellent to watch, but often shipped goals.

I guess it depends on what you expect/want, relevant to the situation at the club.

Fair enough i thought Villareal were decent to watch but i don't think he's done enough to take over us.

Weren't some of his signings flops too? I seen Matias Fernandez playing for Sporting the other wekk, he must've failed at Villareal.

He's not won anything for a start.

Valencia played two CL foinals in a row before Rafa took over and they lost their second final against Bayern M on penalties.

We won our CL final on penalties.

I guess it was all down to Rafa`s tatctical brilliance compared to Cuper at Valencia, dont you?

Yes.

And I think the league titles he won there was a lot to do with Rafa's tactical brilliance too.

So even if we appointed Neil warnock, he'd be better than Rafa?

If anyone at all would do better, is he the worst manager for Liveprool in the world?

That's a nonsensical argument, because he wouldn't be seriously considered for the job.

However, if you want to play it that way, then yes, he may be better than Rafa for us... Why? It's just down to change.

Right now, Rafa is one of the poorest candidates for the Liverpool job, because he's proven that he can't do it.

This is where i think there's no point debating anymore, cos that's complete shit.

Its really not, like I said in my first post, Rafa will most likely be successful in his next job but he has now run out of ideas and he is clinging on to some truly shite ones here, because he does not have the ability to change his ways.

Both us and him need a change, the problem though like with most others who hit the wall he has not realised it himself yet, but at soem time when he gest distance from it all he will completely understand it I hope.

That's a nonsensical argument, because he wouldn't be seriously considered for the job.

However, if you want to play it that way, then yes, he may be better than Rafa for us... Why? It's just down to change.

Right now, Rafa is one of the poorest candidates for the Liverpool job, because he's proven that he can't do it.

So what you are saying is that you would bum a man if your current relationship was at the end?

Because that is the logical conclusion you can reach from such a simplistic argument i.e. he is doing shit ergo anyone is a better option.

Guest PurpleNose
Fair enough i thought Villareal were decent to watch but i don't think he's done enough to take over us.

Weren't some of his signings flops too? I seen Matias Fernandez playing for Sporting the other wekk, he must've failed at Villareal.

He's not won anything for a start.

Fernandez is an odd one. I love the player. He's great for Chile. But he was very inconsistent for Villarreal. Not helped by them having so many good players in his position. He ended up playing less and less, and eventually a move was right for all parties.

He's also very South American, in that I don't think he's ever really settled in Europe.

He's only 23 and I think with the help of a decent manager, to work on the mental side of his game, he could still become a very good player. I'd have him here for example, if he could settle, he'd do well under Benitez. He actually needs a bit of the creativity, perhaps not knocked out of his game, but tempered with other attributes.

On his day, he's like a really good Benayoun.

So what you are saying is that you would bum a man if your current relationship was at the end?

Because that is the logical conclusion you can reach from such a simplistic argument i.e. he is doing shit ergo anyone is a better option.

Are you flirting with me? (A man wouldn't be seriously considered as a sexual partner, Whelan, sorry)

Consider this... You've got a house that you want built, so you hire someone's firm to come and do it, but his company are doing an absolutely rubbish job. Do you sack him and find someone else? Or just let him continue on? Of course, you'll look at all available options, consider the best replacement, and give them the contract.

Fucking hell, there you go Hicks and Gillette, that's an excuse to do what the fuck you like. Bring in a puppet off the street on a few hundred pound because it's not about being better it's just about change.

Fucking hell, there you go Hicks and Gillette, that's an excuse to do what the fuck you like. Bring in a puppet off the street on a few hundred pound because it's not about being better it's just about change.

You obviously didn't care that I wrote, "SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED", ie - a serious candidate for Liverpool FC.