You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Eurogoals still showing on Eurosport? Y'all could watch that instead. They just show the goals from every game, none of that boring football stuff in between.

Lucas is a decent passer of the ball and if encouraged to attack more instead of 'control', I think we'd see a lot more purpose around the box. You can see he's trapped with fear in case he strays from the ever so rigid gameplan

Disagree. I think he is too slow (in thought and action) and would be caught in possession far too many times. Besides he just doesn't look a goal threat, boot or head.

Disagree. I think he is too slow (in thought and action) and would be caught in possession far too many times. Besides he just doesn't look a goal threat, boot or head.

I've seen a few clips of him at Gremio and he looked quite assertive going forward. Maybe Benitez has coached it out him, who knows. He looked far better when he first arrived than he does now and that has to be down to tactics and approach.

Guest PurpleNose
We make their itinerary simpler by not scoring any.

We need a new program called EuroControl or EuroCompact.

Euroverwhelminglylikelytofindthisquitedull.

I'll admit its a bit long winded.

Lucas is a decent passer of the ball and if encouraged to attack more instead of 'control', I think we'd see a lot more purpose around the box. You can see he's trapped with fear in case he strays from the ever so rigid gameplan

At Gremio he had total freedom to join the attack. I am not saying that Lucas is good enough for a top side, but he is certainly playing a much more defensive role than he was doing in Brazil.

Four defensive midfielders across the pitch (that is how I se Maxi and Kuyt) fullbacks overlapping very little. Centerbacks never joining the attack. Remember Agger during his first games at Liverpool? Only Torres and Gerrard to a certain extent are freed to attack without watching their backs. No wonder Liverpool look so turgid. The problem is that Benitez doesn't know any better. He will never sign an Aimar type of player no matter how much net spend he is allowed to have. Just think how he spent his 28 million two summers ago. Roy Keane, a back-up striker or God knows what, and Riera who is not even a winger but a wing back (the cheeaper Malouda). But of course, Benitez knosw what he is doing, filling the pitch with his defensive workers and buying cheap creative players like Luis Garcia or Benayoun so that he can bench them in the tougher games against the Stokes and Boltons of the league.

He is undoubtedly playing for fourth spot and has been for some time. Nothing wrong with that now but I feel that that was the target all season well after half a dozen games in anyway.

As a result the most important thing about yesterday was not to lose.

Thats how he sent them out. Do not lose.

Makes players nervous does that.

He is undoubtedly playing for fourth spot and has been for some time. Nothing wrong with that now but I feel that that was the target all season well after half a dozen games in anyway.

As a result the most important thing about yesterday was not to lose.

Thats how he sent them out. Do not lose.

Makes players nervous does that.

He is playing a very dangerous game though. He is expecting not just 1 team but 3 teams to fail in pursuit of 4th place.

He is playing a very dangerous game though. He is expecting not just 1 team but 3 teams to fail in pursuit of 4th place.

You know what though mate I recon we will scrape it. I don't know how to feel about that. I would hate to see Rafa giving it the smug I told you so after the huge success of qualifying for the qualifiers of the CL

You know what though mate I recon we will scrape it. I don't know how to feel about that. I would hate to see Rafa giving it the smug I told you so after the huge success of qualifying for the qualifiers of the CL

I don't know if we get it or if Rafa will lap it up but I don't certainly expect him to admit that this season has been a failure.

How come? We won't be buying shit.

Because I think we'll get the fresh start we need.

Hopefully we'll get fourth, either way Rafa will go to Juve and we'll move on.

Its dire, its shite and its utterly depressing that yet another grand master plan which seemed so brilliant at the beginning has fallen apart again ala Houllier