You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm unsure here as to whether you're serious or not.

Deadly. My point is that even though Rafa plays it safe he also puts out a team that controls the game.

Unirea, as shit as we were attacking them, as shit as they are as a team, did not have a single clear cut chance.

He did go mental against those Romainians who hadn't played for almost 3 months but we've all seen him use his last sub to bring on another full back when we're drawing at home.

True on the second part. My guess is that Unirea did not pose a threat to our defence hence the subs. It was only when we bought Aquilani off did they put any passes together in the final third.

In any case I wish to see more of that, but we were cruising in possesion so it was hardly a hard call. I dont think it would of happend though if our backs were against the wall.

They do.

Why can't we score many of them?

Because we dont create enough chances during the course of the game. Sure we have Gerrard but we are missing a world class striker, a creative winger and a world class creative fullback.

The problem to our attacking style is our wingers can't hold onto anything.

True dat.

Why does he come out spouting this shite? Does he really think he is kidding anyone, we will play the same way we do against everyone because he is devoid of coming up with anything else, oh and if there is some miraculous turn around in our play why has it come at a stage of the year when we have fuck all to play for?

rafa's latest interview has a strong resemblance with the lion out of wizard of oz

we all know exactly how we'll play and it'll be no different than against urinal yesterday or arsenal the game before.

fuck me, i never thought i'd see the day when a liverpool manager gives an interview informing us that we'd attack. the sooner this clown fucks off to juve the better for all of us.

The clue in the statement is when Rafa says its important not to lose.

We will play with two holding midfielders in Lucas and Mascherano and try and control the game by passing the ball along the back four and between the two midfielders.

After passing the ball around a few times then we will just hoof it upfront and hope N'Gog can get his head on it.

You'd have slaughtered me for saying something like that a few months ago!

Deadly. My point is that even though Rafa plays it safe he also puts out a team that controls the game.

Controlling the game isnt that important mate. We got our ass kicked first half against ac milan and still came in at 1-1.

Id say putting the ball in the net is more important. You can get outplayed and just be more clynical infront of goal. It happens loads.

Anyway, i hope u beat them rich pretenders down the road. As much as i dislike liverpool, you should be at the top with us, competing for trophies.

We will play with two holding midfielders in Lucas and Mascherano and try and control the game by passing the ball along the back four and between the two midfielders.

After passing the ball around a few times then we will just hoof it upfront and hope N'Gog can get his head on it.

With a game plan like that I just can't comprehend how things have gone so wrong for us this season.

So, when we play bottom 3 Wolves, we play 8 defensive players, show zero attacking intent and pray to god that we can steal something on the break.

And yet when we play 4th place Man City, we will play open attacking football?

Believe it when I see it.

We will try to win. If you cannot, it is better not to lose

I suspect that this little snippet gives an insight into a the mind games Rafa is playing here. We're gonna make them think we'll change our tactics and attack but really we'll only have a couple of players anywhere near their goal at any one point and have no more than one meaningful shot in each half, just like all the other games.

The sad truth. I'm expecting the worse tomorrow.

And boy, didn't he deliver!

He started with only two full backs and didn't bring any as a sub.

Maxi, Torres, Babel, Benayoun, Kuyt, Gerrad, and Aquilani all played.

Took his beloved defensive right winger off for the last 10 minutes of the game. What a risk!

The last 5 minutes of the game pushed his defensive line up and even one of his full backs made a run deep into enemy's territory.

It is true that Liverpool only managed one lame goal attempt during the whole game, but with such small net spending there are obvious limitations of what you can do attack wise.

And boy, didn't he deliver!

He started with only two full backs and didn't bring any as a sub.

Maxi, Torres, Babel, Benayoun, Kuyt, Gerrad, and Aquilani all played.

Took his beloved defensive right winger off for the last 10 minutes of the game. What a risk!

The last 5 minutes of the game pushed his defensive line up and even one of his full backs made a run deep into enemy's territory.

It is true that Liverpool only managed one lame goal attempt during the whole game, but with such small net spending there are obvious limitations of what you can do attack wise.

I think it was you. Can you tell us what Valencia were like under Benitez? The concensus over here is that they were a flowing posession team but, the odd game apart, I always thought they were just very negative.