You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Callow,cowardly,inspiration sucking Benitez

thompsonsnose

I think all the abuse and profanity is just not needed yes you are angry but attacking a mans nationality is just purile there is no need for words like C**t and stuff like that. It's like you don't have a grasp of the language we were born to use and we wonder why kids have become so foul mouthed.. its a real shame.. Anger is one thing but acting purile is a reason for not being allowed on forums.

I too am 40 years of age and have also seen liverpool in "glory days" and I must admit it has been a downward spiral and yes I agree even to this day I think its still our god given right to be the very best at waht wew do we are LFC.

But I have to face it with this team not being able to put three forward passes together in 45 minutes I very much doubt it.

The Spurs game - one certainly one for us "real fans" but then having to witness wolves last night put me back to the way I have been feeling all season "sick to my stomach". I am angry at everyone Rafa , the team and those yanks for agreeing another 5 years with rafa. !!

We are once again back to being the defensive team and more worried about leaking goals and protecting the back four than actually grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and actually having a go. If we lost games by being so attack minded and played offensive attacking quick football I would mind I would say the team tried but they just aren't and hurts so bad !!

For me not playing Aquilani was also a big mistake he's fit now isn't he ?? He could have easily taken lucas's place plain and simple.masc plus for defenders should have adeaute to handle wolves... Insua certainly needs to be gone and while the big greek lad did well when players ran at him he backed off for too easily.

Masc and lucas cancel each other out Lucas "apparently" used to be atatck minded but he has turned into another defensive midfielder pure and simple.

Gerrard and kuyt went for the same ball on a number of occasions too !! it's was just poor. I cant understand why rafa can't analyse the game and change the game a lot sooner waiting to almost 70 minutes is stupid. If the team out there isnt doing anything well then change whatever you did on the training ground isnt like playing another team.

A good manager of course wants to have a faith in his starting 11 but I dont see why rafa is afraid at wolves to send out the "attack" a lot sooner.

Where are the players you can bring on and influence a "quality" forward pass on the Liverpool bench. Degen and Aquilani for me should have both been in the starting 11. More or less same team as spurs and then make changes after 60 minutes but the team were poor and not a spark between any of them 3 attempts on goal in 45 minutes is just poor.

Portsmouth, Leeds, Reading, Wolves, Sunderland, Arsenal, Villa, Man City, Spurs, Man Utd and Chelsea the list goes on have all played better attacking football than LFC and we have now been found out how and what rafa's tactics are and the oppositions counter attack football has just been far superior.

Do we even average 3 shots on target in 90 minutes any more and even then they very rarely come from a perfect pass or an actual attempt to run at defenders to score. We can attack from the wings if we actually had anybody in the box !!!

Its like we are waiting for the opposition to make mistakes or something. There are teams in the championship with better movement off the ball than us. We have no creativity and no one who can change it anymore.

Torres provides the pace but there has been times in games where he has been in the midfield trying to make his own luck. No body can actually pass him the ball in a dangerous area to score and we wonder why he's knackered and injured. He is having to work a lot harder in getting the ball and bring it up field himself. Isnt a striker or he is also following rafas ethic or protecting the back four.

Insua needs to be dropped and lucas and kuyt needs a rest. Basic football skills such as passing and looking up before a pass or shoit from half our squad is appalling, as is their awareness of where their team mates are. prime example beni could have look up passed instead of chip keeping and kuyt would have scored...

We are incapable of passing forward - 2 back before one forward - blast and punt forward from defence last night came from syrtel carra and soto and thats just shouldnt be happening.

This has been the same for a long time now. I agree Reina can pass the ball better than most of our players and rafa certainly has had what over £240+ million to reshape our squad and him trying to save money on players that aren't that well known it the hope they will turn into a "find" hasnt worked. In the end they were found out to be not that great and sold for a lot less than we bought them for.

With the amount of money rafa has been given we should now have a world class squad not a bunch of mis-fits who just dont have any heart or deserve to wear the shirt. - Our kids have more guile and ability to succeed going forward. Pacheco, knemeth, amoo , kelly and so on...

We’re are crap all over the pitch and we have been for a very long time. And in all honesty I can't see it getting any better no matter how much I convince myself it will.

I have been a fan of rafa but I cannot deal with another comment that "team is working hard at training" and "we were trying to do something" and not forgetting the classic team of "quality" !! whats the point of having 65% possession and doing nothing with it !!!

I like you guys wonder how long we can look and play so bad before we starting saying rafa out and actually mean it.

Would hiddink or Mo take our club at present I very much doubt it but i truly think they now could do better than rafa has done if they were given money and support from the owners before rafa gets his hands on it and kills any hope of us actually having money to spend. The squad needs a serious over-hawl..... Positions needs to be challenged and we need "better" players who have the same passion that we do !

I am at the point after 80 minutes I hide my eyes !!!!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should be doing a lot better than we are, and four months is not a "blip". I'd agree with previous posters that there is a way of expressing these opinions or concerns without swimming in the sewers, but they are still absolutely valid.

Snotty remarks about "best fans in the world" solve nothing though, unless it's accepted people have dug their heels in now and never will be persuaded from their currently entrenched positions.

Its not kneejerk after five years you are right, as what normally happens in these situations, you have to listen carefully for the constructive criticism which tends to be drowned out by the village idiots.

Disagree completely with the best fans in the world and always have done, I was 16 when I saw fans barracking Kenny, and to this day I still believe they played a part in his decision to leave, maybe it has warped my judgement but I have never forgotten that, nor I have I forgotten the blase attitude towards winning trophies!

Sarcastic comments about the 'Best fans in the world' doesn't help my cause and is hypocritical considering I am criticising other fans stubborness, but you try being a Rafa fan on this forum!

I've never been called a cunt so much since my nan died!

A agree with Johnny H -

Budget what budget we have none

Loan deals under the current ownership of LFC is the future

how many million did that "yank" sell his baseball club for £500 million or something and yet they cant give a 100million to rafa lol ......

Imagine if rafa had a 100 million transfer budget....

A agree with Johnny H -

Budget what budget we have none

Loan deals under the current ownership of LFC is the future

how many million did that "yank" sell his baseball club for £500 million or something and yet they cant give a 100million to rafa lol ......

I'd dread that to be honest.

I think he'd win the league if he did. He could get Silva, Villa etc and enhance the top players he has bought.

However he doesn't have 100 million and when spending under 10 million his signings have been more miss than hit.

What we need with our resources is a manager to pick the right team, make pro active subs, play players in form, coach the set plays better, sort out our attacking corners and brand of football and ultimately motivate and get the most out of the players we have - something Rafa isn't doing!

Yeah, he'd probably do something stupid and go and try players he wants. Live Villa and Silva.

*shudders*

Not sure who Live Villa is but if your implying that he actually didn't want any of the many, many total failures he signed, there's not much to add.

What we need with our resources is a manager to pick the right team, make pro active subs, play players in form, coach the set plays better, sort out our attacking corners and brand of football and ultimately motivate and get the most out of the players we have - something Rafa isn't doing!

I think you will find, that is the type of manager most clubs need, whether they have the resources or not!

Yeah when hicks came out and said in that email that we would have a substantial budget in the summer it was like they have already planned for failure on non qualification of CL I was so annoyed.

David Villa and Silva ooo great more exports...Isn't there anynody british with "quality" anymore !!!

If we have no money why don't we scour the lower leagues. surely beckworth from leeds would be worth a punt.... He's actually scoring goals quite regularly !!

Supposed to be 'like'. Don't know how the V got in there. I was implying that his big signings are almost perfect. Especially when he gets the man he wants.

Certainly in the first few years we were linked with players like Alves and Villa who have turned out total quality. In the last few years I can't think of any top class player who we realistically could have signed. I know there are these Silva stories from last summer but surely if we're spending 17M-20M on a midfielder who obviously doesn'T fit Benitez's plans, we could have added the little extra to get him.

Certainly in the first few years we were linked with players like Alves and Villa who have turned out total quality. In the last few years I can't think of any top class player who we realistically could have signed. I know there are these Silva stories from last summer but surely if we're spending 17M-20M on a midfielder who obviously doesn'T fit Benitez's plans, we could have added the little extra to get him.

Tony Barrett said in the echo this time last year that we had a £16M provisional deal agreed befor ethe yanks pulled out of it. Don't even need the extra few mill.

Tom yes I do mean Beckford I was having a funny 5 minutes still fuming over the wolves game... and lack of ability to control it.

But I would be afraid of any quality player coming to liverpool with rafa at the helm. he will be tinkering with where they can play them insteas of playing them in the natural position and trying all kinds of positions before knocking the confidence out of them.

Tom yes I do mean Beckford I was having a funny 5 minutes still fuming over the wolves game... and lack of ability to control it.

But I would be afraid of any quality player coming to liverpool with rafa at the helm. he will be tinkering with where they can play them insteas of playing them in the natural position and trying all kinds of positions before knocking the confidence out of them.

scary, innit.

Was there a need to pick a team to “match” the opposition? We were playing Wolves and I think most people would agree that man-for-man our squad is better than theirs. We should be in a position not just to “control the game” but to dominate it.

If we wanted to take the game to Wolves we could have played (or indeed switched to) 4-4-2 with Kuyt and Ngog up front. Time and again it has been shown that without Torres, we do not have another forward with the attributes to consistently excel as a loan striker. The obvious solution is to change the system to something that better suits the resources available. However, Rafa steadfastly refused to alter our shape last night even when it became apparent that our tactics were totally impotent.

I can only assume that he was reluctant to sacrifice the extra body in midfield. However, it was abundantly clear that Gerrard was unfit to play (whether physically or mentally). Nevertheless Rafa persisted with him for the whole game which must have increased the risk of him suffering a recurrence of his hamstring problem. Everyone agrees that Gerrard is an outstanding player when fit but last night he was a passenger and the team could ill afford to carry him. Why handicap the team by making it 11 v. 10 from the off? Managers are paid to make key decisions but, for my money, Rafa’s judgment was flawed and it contributed to our inability to unlock the Wolves’ defence.

I refuse to accept that our midfield could not have coped with Michael Mancienne, Karl Henry and Nenad Milijas. By attacking we would have driven them back and nullified the limited threat they posed. Instead we got bogged down in a war of attrition and resorted to hopeful punts, dogged tackling and aimless headers. This game was crying out for a bit of quality and direction. We paid big money for a player who supposedly possesses all of those qualities but bizarrely the manager chose to leave him stranded on the bench. I cannot say for certain that Aqualani would have improved our play had he replaced Lucas or Mascherano but it is hard to think how he would have made it any worse…

Whilst I hate Ferguson as much as any red, I have a grudging admiration for the way in which he always chases a win and will risk a loss in order to secure it. This, for me, is the single biggest reason why they have been so successful for so long in the league. This season our plight is more desperate than at any other time during Rafa’s reign and this has caused him to regress into ultra-cautious mode. If he wants to keep his job he really needs to go for broke and try to secure as many points as possible between now and the end of the season. I think Rafa is over-thinking our approach and this is stifling our play. The best football of his tenure was last season when he was forced to go for broke in pursuit of the league. I think we need to embrace that attitude again in the next four months or Rafa’s days are numbered.