You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dougie, ATK and Moores 17/01/10

Dougie Do'ins

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But who leaked it to Bose? Who had the most to gain by sabotaging the DIC bid? Follow the money.

It was Mr X, in the library, with a laptop.

I can't believe you are actuallly that stupid. Do us a favour and fuck off.

Only an idiot would believe they had a laptop between them.

Unfortunately only time will tell if Moores & Parry do eventually come out and condemn there own decision to sell to these Leeches!

The frightening thought is how bad are things going to get before this MAY one day happen. A large amount of damage has already been done to the Clubs reputation in the few years since these Americans took control.

Personally i believe the Americans are just riding through the shit storm in the hope that in the end some Tonto Abramovich type with endless pockets of oil rich cash will come along and make them an offer they can't refuse. I don't believe they want to relinquish 25% each at all. I also don't believe the stadium will ever be built while they have any control!

What i would like to ask Moores is why he has not thought of trying to purchase the club back with the help of another outside investor? Surely he understands that even taking a few steps back is far better than the current predicament the club now finds itself in? If Moores does feel Let Down and distraught about whats happening at Anfield aswell as the love he holds for our club then why does he not try and put things right with the Money he has at his disposal?

So two characters who no longer go to Anfield - ATK and DM - met near the Liverpool RC Cathedral. And along came Parry. It was a proper TLW meeting - The Loser's Wankfest.

Judging by ATK's racist anti-Irish statements on here I suppose we should be grateful it was not at the Orange Lodge.

David Moores - who never invested a penny of his own money in LFC all the years he was principal shareholder and Chairman - all those years he was hanging around the dressing room, riding on the team bus and having players over to his house for dinner - and who refused to try to borrow money to build a new stadium when loans were easily available and costs were much lower - is "upset" about G&H. He thinks they should be putting their own money into a stadium like he didn't.

Its gets more absurd by the minute.

So two characters who no longer go to Anfield - ATK and DM - met near the Liverpool RC Cathedral. And along came Parry. It was a proper TLW meeting - The Loser's Wankfest.

Judging by ATK's racist anti-Irish statements on here I suppose we should be grateful it was not at the Orange Lodge.

David Moores - who never invested a penny of his own money in LFC all the years he was principal shareholder and Chairman - all those years he was hanging around the dressing room, riding on the team bus and having players over to his house for dinner - and who refused to try to borrow money to build a new stadium when loans were easily available and costs were much lower - is "upset" about G&H. He thinks they should be putting their own money into a stadium like he didn't.

Go and have a wank to let off some steam.

Can I just ask why you bother coming on this site, you seem to hate it so much???

Do me a favour will you please?

Die.

Great stuff fellas and thanks for posting.

I got rebuffed when i posted this earlier but I still think it is the right course of action. If nothing happens by May/June go to town on the lot of them.

Some great work here and I look forward to hearing what he has to say if he does call. However I am not sure we need him to come out in the press and create a shit storm right now for the press to feed on and you know they will.

I would prefer he did that at the end of the season if certain things do not happen that G&H and Purslow have said will happen. For example if the finance for the stadium is not in place and investment found as has been stated by CP then Moores could go to town at seasons end and avoid disruption to our season which looks like it might be turning around.

Sterling work by ATK & DD, again.

There must be some willing on Moores' part to correct things as surely he'd have just blanked the meeting if he didn't give a flying one?

Parry's involvement is strange. Can't figure that one.

Unless one is acting for Hicks and the other for Gillett?

I suppose it's a case of wait and see.

Fuckin 'ell how old are you? Don't you think it's time to grow up??? Did Al or somebody else at TLW take your sarnies off yer at school?

I'm somewhat concerned that Parry was at the meeting. He is a fuckwit - a total imcompetent. I blame him at least as much as I blame Moores for this mess.

He no longer works for LFC and has nothing to do with the club. Why was he there? What role does he have to play in this? Was he there merely as moral or even emotional support for Moores? In fact, what did Parry have to say about it all?

Diego's managed to come up with a good point but by the time it was made people had already reached for their neg buttons because of the rest of what he'd said.

Ignoring most of it...

That bit in bold is a very good point.

Moores and Parry knew full well what the owners were planning to do, they knew how they worked - using borrowed money to buy something which would make them some money that they could use as security for the next loan for the next project and so on.

They only had an issue with it when the first signs of the credit crunch were starting to show and the owners' plans started to look like being difficult. Had the financial situation been the same as it was at takeover time then H&G would have got their refinancing done without a fuss - including the stadium costs - and Moores would still be sitting on the team bus credited with having made a sacrifice for the good of the club.

But the financial situation did change. That's when Gillett and Hicks fell out with each other and when Gillett, Parry, Moores and DIC saw the benefits of working with each other. Whether any of them were honest with each other is another matter entirely, but it was only then that Parry and Moores suddenly had any issues with the money being borrowed.

If H&G were struggling to get the finance (as more and more lenders got nervous) then H&G would be in a higher-risk bracket than before, a bracket where the finance is more expensive. Also they'd fallen out with each other and maybe the first signs of Hicks going with Benitez's view of Parry were there too. Time for some self-preservation from Parry.

All this about putting the debt onto the club or not is overplayed to some extent. It's better that the purchase debt isn't on the club directly but I don't think for one minute that the owners would lose anything of their own if they didn't want to.

DIC admitted that they'd also be borrowing money to pay for their purchase of the club as well as perhaps using third-party investment if it went through at the second attempt.

Well, it was DIC to start with but then they started to be referred to simply as "Dubai". This was important because it turned out DIC were actually an LBO organisation. One of the big criticisms of Hicks was because he used to run an LBO organisation, that's what his famous Weetabix quote related to, and DIC were literally set up to work on the same kind of principles.

Obviously there are differences between Dubai/DIC and Hicks/Gillett but there are a hell of a lot of similarities, and the similarities are in many cases the main issues we were worried about. If Hicks was so bad then why was Parry in bed with DIC?

Eventually Dubai got hit by the crediti crunch too and as a nation had to get a favour off Abu Dhabi. If they'd bought LFC before that and Abu Dhabi were negotiation this favour what kind of bargaining would go on Sheikh to Sheikh? Make LFC sell Torres to City and Abu Dhabi will lend Dubia that £10 billion? Might seem a bit far-fetched but is it?

I'm not saying that DIC would have been better or worse for us because I've no way of knowing but for Moores and Parry to try and paint themselves as some kind of victims of a con is complete bollocks. They knew what Hicks and Gillett were like, they knew what DIC were like, they knew that there was a big risk if the world's financial situation did change.

So they knew full well what they were doing and until they admit that then their views on the situation are worthless. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if their reluctance to speak out in the past has been down to the fact that if they did speak out they'd be exposed for their true parts in it all.

Moores and Parry ran the club badly in certain ways - commercially for example - and although they got other stuff right maybe what the club needed far more than investment was for it to not have Parry and Moores running the show.

Moores' personal battles with Steve Morgan are something else he needs to talk about. (Morgan also needs to explain why he was happy to sell his shares without a fuss when he also knew about the borrowing that was being done to buy the club, instead of going around like a saint who got stopped from doing his good deeds.)

Moores was frightened to death of losing control of the club to Morgan, Parry was happy to leave it that way and so guarantee himself a cushy job as long as possible.

Unless I'm mistaken Rick Parry will still be being paid by the club, at least until the anniversary of him announcing he was going to step down. He was entitled essentially to 12 months' notice, and I wouldn't be surprised if the legal action was him trying to make sure he gets all the bonuses and add-ons he'd have had if he'd stayed on as CEO. In fact there have been whispers in the past that he's been doing bits and pieces for Gillett since he stepped down, including visits to the Arab states for him - but only whispers, I don't know how accurate they are.

I know they came out of their way to meet up for coffee and so on but until they admit their part in all this mess without covering anything up to protect their own reputations then I don't think we can trust them at all. I certainly wouldn't be relying on them to help us either.

Agree pretty much with what you say,but all this uncertainty could be taken of the Club tomorrow.

If Hicks and Gillett never put the debt on the Club,we could pretty much start a new stadium tomorrow.

The ONLY reason where stuck in limbo is because the TURDS put us in limbo.

The continually bleat about Planning Permission,Credit Crunch,Banks not lending etc etc.

The 2 people who created the problem are the only ones who can solve the problem.