You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

cestrianred

Dont Chelsea owe Abramovich over a billion are the new owners going to pay off that debt ? and im guessing with sale Abramovich wont get a penny but be taken by the goverment ? this seems a whole mess i bet the bitters now dont know who uncle Uzi now

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Seriously, do we have to play semantics? I just tried to answer your question about rules.

In my opinion the Government sanctions on chelsea nullifies any Premier League rules about visiting fans at chelsea's ground or, chelsea's away support visiting away games.

It doesnt matter whether we agree or not, the sanctions mean away fans cannot buy tickets for games at chelsea. Likewise, chelsea fans cannot buy away tickets.

Will the PL, FA UEFA now sanction chelsea for not allowing away fans into their ground for games? In my opinion, no, they wont because the British Government has acted to ban visiting fans.

I'm really not trying to argue, nor am I picking holes, I'm trying to find out if this has been established yet. I was clarifying an edit I was already thinking of making before you responded, not playing semantics. 

My view is that the sanctions prohibit any funds going into Chelsea (and most out of). I don't think that inherently prohibits attendance by away fans (although that appears to be right interpretation in practice as of now), as funds don't have to go to them.

The PL rules exist in isolation and the league has to decide how they will be adapted to ensure they don't break the law (which, of course, is the overriding authority). I don't see how they can fulfil their fixtures without variation and wanted to know if there had been any statement about that.

Until there is, it's probably best we leave it.

58 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Assume the government will sell the club and hold onto the money in a trust? So might not be too much long term impact on them unless they go bust in the interim period.

No, his assets have only been frozen. The government can't sell the club.

46 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I'm really not trying to argue, nor am I picking holes, I'm trying to find out if this has been established yet. I was clarifying an edit I was already thinking of making before you responded, not playing semantics. 

My view is that the sanctions prohibit any funds going into Chelsea (and most out of). I don't think that inherently prohibits attendance by away fans (although that appears to be right interpretation in practice as of now), as funds don't have to go to them.

The PL rules exist in isolation and the league has to decide how they will be adapted to ensure they don't break the law (which, of course, is the overriding authority). I don't see how they can fulfil their fixtures without variation and wanted to know if there had been any statement about that.

Until there is, it's probably best we leave it.

Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

"From today, Chelsea cannot sell  tickets to any games. So the only people who can go to Stamford Bridge and watch a game are those who have already purchased match tickets or season tickets."

The PL hasn't helped itself by meekly agreeing to make all clubs pay back Sky a fortune because its games without crowds were deemed 'different' from the package agreed originally. That was such a woozily illogical judgement I'm not sure they have any consistent argument to evade all the penalties that, technically, will now be facing Chelski. Saying 'It's not our fault' has been wiped out as an excuse by the PL itself. I said at the time that clubs should've refused that 'refund' because, after all, it was of no fault of theirs that they were playing games without spectators. Now that a precedent has been set, what would be so vastly different about Chelski playing games now with - at best - a half-full stadium? That's 'different' from THEIR package submitted to Sky. They've put themselves in a position where the letter of their own laws are all that can be recognissed if they're going to be consistent.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

2D4CF493-2274-48AE-82C3-AD525DFD4B72.jpeg

You'll hear a lot of 'this isn't fair, we didn't do anything wrong, it's not our fault', fuck off; you cheered the last 15 years whilst getting trophies off the back of the Putin regime's ill gotten gains. You waved the plastic flags. You sang about how rich you were. You sang about Abramovich when there was an applause for the Ukraine. Fuck off back to the holes you crawled out of, you polished-up Millwall cunts. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You'll hear a lot of 'this isn't fair, we didn't do anything wrong, it's not our fault', fuck off; you cheered the last 15 years whilst getting trophies off the back of the Putin regime's ill gotten gains. You waved the plastic flags. You sang about how rich you were. You sang about Abramovich when there was an applause for the Ukraine. Fuck off back to the holes you crawled out of, you polished-up Millwall cunts. 

The loudest they were at Wembley was “Always The Victim” and, I didn’t see it, were absolute gobshites on WW. 

Karma comes at you fast, cunts.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

"From today, Chelsea cannot sell  tickets to any games. So the only people who can go to Stamford Bridge and watch a game are those who have already purchased match tickets or season tickets."

Yeah, but the BBC highlighting Brentford being halfway through selling their allocation highlights the question of how it applies to away fans. 

Plus all that would do is confirm that they can't comply with the league rules. In which case, what is the position? For instance, if they were to go on and win the league (not impossible) how could that be valid?

Expecting an announcement soon, expecting it to be a disappointing one where the rest of the league has to accommodate them. Depending on their financial projections, that might be adequate, but if it's just the easiest way forward I don't see why away teams should be disadvantaged.

Need to say as well, this is obviously minor compared to the reason behind the sanctions. Ukraine's situation massively overshadows all of this. The best solution is Putin fucks off and these measures can be reversed.

These sanctions are from the UK government, who are treating Chelsea as a special case for cultural reasons. When the EU get involved there has to be a huge chance they won't give 2 fulcs about Chelsea's cultural significance and say they can't play CL football in the EU.

• Upvote 1