You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you have any setback in your life, like not being in the England squad was for me – any setback, like losing a family member – everyone handles it in different ways," he starts out.

Losing place on England = Losing a family member? What a little fucking cunt.

Guest The Chimp

He's one horrible, desperate prick. I am so happy Benitez didn't buy him. Perhaps speaking one to one with him (in conjunction with his actions since) afforded Rafa the chance to see exactly the character of this self-serving, arrogant twat .

owen-001.jpg

Looks like he's performing a Shakespearian monologue. To a boot.

Alas, poor England career! I knew Michael, in younger years:

a fellow of infinite goals, of most excellent assists: he hath

borne teams on his back a thousand times; and now, how

abhorred in my imagination he is! my gorge rims at

it. Here hid those feet with which you have kicked I know

not how oft. Where be your goals now? your

gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,

that were wont to set the Kop on a roar? Not one

now, to mock your winnings? quite chap-fallen?

Now get you to Capello's office, and tell him, let

him have translated, to this favour he must

come; make us laugh at that.

If there was ever a player that needed to sack his agent its this guy, Im assuming its his agent that has made his decisions since 2004 because I didnt think he was that thick.

Ah well your careers in the shitter but at least you have all that money to keep you warm at night you treacherous welsh midget !

Guest davelfc

He's been intending to sack his agent every year since 2004 but then his agent always advises him against it.

He really is that stupid/obsessed with england.

I actually don't care anymore. He's dropped so far in the footballing world that I simply don't give him a second thought. I read the interview and just thought 'you sad sad sod'.

Having said that if he did get into the England squad for the WC, i'd probably start to loathe him again.

Personally, after the way he left, then went to Newcastle I fully back Rafa's decision not to resign him.

I bet he never thought Emile Heskey would be above him in the pecking order. I know he's a little cunt but he's better than Bent, Crouch, Heskey and probably Agbonlahor (at international level)

The only advantage of all the other is that we can lump it long. At the last 16 stage you need a bit more upstairs than "lump it" I'd take him as the 5th striker

Alas, poor England career! I knew Michael, in younger years:

a fellow of infinite goals, of most excellent assists: he hath

borne teams on his back a thousand times; and now, how

abhorred in my imagination he is! my gorge rims at

it. Here hid those feet with which you have kicked I know

not how oft. Where be your goals now? your

gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,

that were wont to set the Kop on a roar? Not one

now, to mock your winnings? quite chap-fallen?

Now get you to Capello's office, and tell him, let

him have translated, to this favour he must

come; make us laugh at that.

Outstanding. Repped.

I bet he never thought Emile Heskey would be above him in the pecking order. I know he's a little cunt but he's better than Bent, Crouch, Heskey and probably Agbonlahor (at international level)

Owen is inferior to every single one of those strikers.

Michael Owen will be shown Manchester United door in summer as Sir Alex Ferguson looks for wage cuts | Mail Online

Mr Ferguson will try to end Michael Owen's Manchester United career in the summer - after just one season.

Ferguson has decided Owen is surplus to requirements six months into a two-year deal after closely assessing his form in training over recent weeks.

The 30-year-old will be left as the club's seventh-choice striker if he stays, behind Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov, Danny Welbeck, Federico Macheda, Mame Diouf and an anticipated new signing.

Debt-ridden United want to use the England striker's £50,000-a-week salary towards a new contract offer for Wayne Rooney that will keep him away from Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Both Spanish giants are also ready to go head to head in a £16million battle for Nemanja Vidic, who plays his first game for United this year, against Arsenal today.

Ferguson's decision will be a huge blow to Owen - although not a surprise after the striker's inactivity in recent weeks.

Only two of his seven goals this season, after joining United on a free transfer last summer from Newcastle, have come in the Premier League - the last against Manchester City in September.

Being sidelined has also hit the England striker in the pocket, as he has missed out on thousands of pounds in bonuses for appearances.

Ferguson has already admitted Owen's options at United will be limited by Rooney's emergence as a genuine penalty-box striker this season.

Owen was not used at all in Wednesday's thrilling Carling Cup victory against Manchester City. And in a recent game against Birmingham City, Ferguson decided to send on Senegalese youngster Diouf ahead of Owen as United chased a winner.

Former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker Owen will miss out on the World Cup because of his inactivity at United, and the man crowned European Footballer of the Year in 2001 faces a major decision over his future at the end of this season.

Although still keen to play, he has become increasingly occupied by the multi-million pound horse-racing stable he owns in Cheshire.

Ferguson is likely to name Rooney as his lone attacker against Arsenal, with the in-form England striker supported by Antonio Valencia and Ryan Giggs. Vidic replaces the suspended Rio Ferdinand.