You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

I saw an article that Jon Jo Shelvey at Charlton had turned down a move to Chelsea last week.

He wants to go to West Ham apparently but he has to wait for them to raise funds...

I'd love us to go for Noble, I reckon they'd sell for about the same money we'll spend on Cattermole.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is excellent in the U21's too though mate but then that isn't a yardstick either given some of the shite that's played there. It's a case of wait and see but I'd rather give a top young English lad a chance then have a player who might not settle here and be half as good.

Lucas won player of the year in the top flight in Brazil and has struggled. As you say, U21's is not a good yardstick. I'd rather have Jay Spearing, who looked perfectly composed when asked to play against Real Madrid in the Champions League. I realise they are no Walsall, but still...

Guest simon
It's pretty obvious what we need. A scotsman in our first team.

I know he's not Scottish but i wouldn't mind McGeady.

Guest simon

0954 BST: Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac has confirmed that he will be staying in France despite interest from several Premier League clubs. (French newspaper L'Equipe)

I am very relieved of this phew.

Did you see Delph last season? Especially in the play offs, he caught the eye with his passing and looked totally composed in a rush and punt it league. He is highly rated too... I don't and have never played FM so wouldn't know how good he is there. Delph isn't an unknown and time will tell how he does at Villa.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/79023-lad-delph-leeds.html

This is irrelevant, because he's all but gone to Villa, but just to add...I did see Delph in the play-offs, and through the season, and he is nowhere near good enough to get anywhere near our first team. It is an utterly laughable suggestion to even compare him to Lucas, who is a Brazilian international. You may not like him, I may not like him, but to say he's not as good as an utterly unproven kid in the third division who was totally anonymous in Leeds' two biggest games of the season is, er, remarkable.

Having said that, Delph has made the right choice to develop into a good player. Reo Coker, Sidwell and Petrov will take the bulk of the workload and he'll be able to learn his trade at the right pace.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Agent - Reds in for Defour

Agent - Reds in for Defour

Liverpool interest in Standard Liege playmaker confirmed

Last updated: 4th August 2009

Steven Defour's agent has confirmed that Liverpool are keen on the Belgian star.

Real Madrid have joined the hunt for the Standard Liege playmaker, who has previously been the target of Everton and Aston Villa.

Real were considering Defour should they not sign Xabi Alonso from Liverpool, who are also viewing him a replacement for the Spaniard.

Roma's Alberto Aquilani remains a target for Rafa Benitez, but Defour is also very much on the radar for the Anfield club, who are expected to sell Alonso to Real this week.

Standard have insisted that they will not be parting company with their prized asset but, Defour feels that is not the case.

"I have an agreement with Standard Liege that I could go to a top club, and Liverpool fit the bill," the 21-year-old is quoted by the English press.

And his agent, Paul Stefani, has confirmed that Liverpool are keen on Defour.

"Steven's name has been mentioned not only at Real Madrid, but also at Liverpool - they are looking at him too," he told the Daily Mail.

"Normally he would stay for another year, but nobody could say no to clubs like those - and Liege would not stand in his way."

Yes, just nick him from Everton who failed to land him earlier this summer!

It's always good when a player really wants to come, they tend to work out better.

What are we going to do with the Xabi money, I've given up trying to keep up with all the press so I have no idea whats going to happen.

I was hoping we would sign a midfielder then we would have enough to go for Silva, or are we going to sign 2 midfielders?

Why not?

He just gets marked out of games to easily by semi-decent defenders. I've seen a lot of him when I lived in Glasgow and at Irish internationals and he is not the standard you need for challenging for the very top honours. I think if he goes down South, he'd be back up north in no time.

Not seen much of him to be honest. Dont watch as much football as i used too anymore.

Nice one. Thanks.

Guest simon

I think his skill would go along way in this league. He is still at a fairly young age as well we could easy get the best out of him.