You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Amstel and Mythos were the beer of my Malia holiday. Enjoyed having a few cold bottles of them before heading to the main strip.

Both truly appalling beers IMO. The only good thing about Mythos is that ordering it puts you in the good books of any Greek hotel owner. Even if you've smashed the room up, it's "Hey George, Mythos please!" "Ahhh Mythos yes!!!"

I was hammered most of the time, so I thought it was nice. Certainly better than a lot of the beers I have to drink these days because of the rising prices!

Get to fuck. You shop for your food at Marks and Spencers, and dine in the expensive restaraunts. You're loaded!!!!

Got loads. I love an ice cold Miller Genuine Draft for it's crisp and malty deliciousness. Chilly Guiness slides down and I'm highly partial to Weston's cider - 8%, bone dry but still sweet (bizarrely). I really like that Banana Bread ale, as well as any number of real ales with mad names. I also love various bottled beers including Tiger, Corona, Peroni, Singha and more. I could go on and on, but MGD is my number one.

Some great shouts for beers on this thread,

RJ fan Club have to agree Ringwood Fourtyniner very nice..

If anyone gets a chance try these

Blandford Fly - Badger Brewery

Golden Pippen - Copper Dragon Brewery

Alchemist - Pictish Brewery (Fantastic)

Foreign

Moosehead - Canada

Gulden Draak - Belgium

Sierra Nevada India Pale Ale - USA

Try a duval blows you away a few of them and thats me gone

Indeed it does meine freunde. Got introduced to it in Belgium this day last year come to think of it. Very good beer. Its brilliant getting steaming on good quality beers as opposed to those that we do not speak of (the fosters, the carlings and indeed the tuborgs, I can't understand how so many of youse like that piss). You almost feel like you have accomplished something.

I would say Heineken is just about drinkable but the rest of them are no addition at all.

Some great shouts for beers on this thread,

RJ fan Club have to agree Ringwood Fourtyniner very nice..

If anyone gets a chance try these

Blandford Fly - Badger Brewery

Golden Pippen - Copper Dragon Brewery

Alchemist - Pictish Brewery (Fantastic)

Foreign

Moosehead - Canada

Gulden Draak - Belgium

Sierra Nevada India Pale Ale - USA

Oooo you like a touch of ginger in your beer I see. That is excusable but if it's fruity or coffee its so fucking wrong.

Indeed it does meine freunde. Got introduced to it in Belgium this day last year come to think of it. Very good beer. Its brilliant getting steaming on good quality beers as opposed to those that we do not speak of (the fosters, the carlings and indeed the tuborgs, I can't understand how so many of youse like that piss). You almost feel like you have accomplished something.

I would say Heineken is just about drinkable but the rest of them are no addition at all.

Tuborg is Carlsberg, made in the same brewery in denmark. It tastes the same.

Tuborg is Carlsberg, made in the same brewery in denmark. It tastes the same.[/quote

Yeah, I know that, I remember when it came out a few years ago. I think they had grand designs of it eventually rivalling Carlsberg but then gave up and went down the 6 for 7 route along with the Bavaria and Dutch Golds of the world (at least in Ireland).

I have some mates that still drink that Dutch Gold sheit. Id rather drink those generic Tesco brand beers they have that are like 3% or something. Im always tempted when im picking up beers for a mate to land in with a couple of cans of that stuff for a laugh to see how long I could keep a straight face.

Tuborg is Carlsberg, made in the same brewery in denmark. It tastes the same.[/quote

Yeah, I know that, I remember when it came out a few years ago. I think they had grand designs of it eventually rivalling Carlsberg but then gave up and went down the 6 for 7 route along with the Bavaria and Dutch Golds of the world (at least in Ireland).

I have some mates that still drink that Dutch Gold sheit. Id rather drink those generic Tesco brand beers they have that are like 3% or something. Im always tempted when im picking up beers for a mate to land in with a couple of cans of that stuff for a laugh to see how long I could keep a straight face.

Bavaria is the worst of the lot. Dutch is alright, like a cheaper version of Heineken except not as nice. Suppose 6 for 7 euro isn't bad.

Right idiots, lets clear this up. Erdinger is a Weissbier or as we might say a wheat beer. Wheat beer is the sexiest, tastiest mouthjizzing beer you can get. Erdinger is by far the best known wheat beer, but not necessarily the best tasting. If you like Erdinger, get to a large supermarket and try La Gaulious (spelling is probably wrong), Weihenstephan, Grimbergen, Svyturys, Fruli and any other wheat beer or Blonde beer for that matter.

I'm also fond of the odd ale, especially speciality ales like: chocolate-793918.jpg and 100_2193.JPG

I would also very much concur with Mr Nattonicci's shout of:

banana-bread-beer.jpg