You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I like the look of that Collison lad. He's a good player.

I mentioned in the 'transfers' thread earlier that I would be delighted if we tried to get Collison & young Kightly from Wolves. I think they will both be special & the fees would be easily covered from the deadwood in the squad.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the 2nd half there and was shocked at Kranjcar. Just when his team needed the players to dig in he went missing, he seemed to be dodging behind Spurs players when his team mates were looking to pass. He strolled round, went nowhere near a tackle and then limped off afte a little knock. Cowardly

• 3 weeks later...
I never wanted to sell Bellamy, could've kept him and never bothered with all this Keane nonsense.

I agree with that. He was sold because of the golf club incident and not because of how well he was playing or not playing. When that happened he was arguably are most in form player. After that he was anonymous as he hardly played.

I agree with that. He was sold because of the golf club incident and not because of how well he was playing or not playing. When that happened he was arguably are most in form player. After that he was anonymous as he hardly played.

Even after the golf club incident he showed decent mental strength by going on and scoring in the Nou Camp. He's an arrogant, mouthy little bastard but that makes him have total faith in his own ability. If some of our current players were like that, we'd be on to a winner.

Even after the golf club incident he showed decent mental strength by going on and scoring in the Nou Camp. He's an arrogant, mouthy little bastard but that makes him have total faith in his own ability. If some of our current players were like that, we'd be on to a winner.

I think that's what Benitez didn't like about him.

I loved all that, it's what we were lacking for years and still do.

Someone tell me that Bellamy wouldn't be more than useful in our current team?

Bellamy is great for mid-table teams as they tend to play more open games and there is more opportunity to play on the counter-attack which is really his strength. We rarely have that luxury, too often we're faced with two banks of 4 and in that scenario you'd much rather have a pairing of SG and Torres than anything involving Bellamy. No?

I like Middlesborough's style of play, they just don't have the players to make it work effectively.

Agreed, they seem to play well but have no end product. I have nothing against Southgate I think he's done well considering the players who have left.

Although I respect his policy of giving youth players a chance I think it's not working as shown by the league position. Goes to show that sticking raw talent into the first team isn't always a good move

Agreed, they seem to play well but have no end product. I have nothing against Southgate I think he's done well considering the players who have left.

Although I respect his policy of giving youth players a chance I think it's not working as shown by the league position. Goes to show that sticking raw talent into the first team isn't always a good move

Well football's moved on since they spent big in the '90s but they haven't; they're probably still working within the same budget. They're still stuck by that problem of attracting decent talent to Middlesborough.

Bellamy is great for mid-table teams as they tend to play more open games and there is more opportunity to play on the counter-attack which is really his strength. We rarely have that luxury, too often we're faced with two banks of 4 and in that scenario you'd much rather have a pairing of SG and Torres than anything involving Bellamy. No?

So in that case, he wouldn't be good cover for Torres and an option to use on the counter attack away from home?

As long as we've got Ngog though eh...