You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

When you see a news story about police raids and all you can think is 'that's a nice front door'.

"That was a nice door, what a shame they've had to put that through"

Or when they're raiding a cannabis farm in someone's house instead of thinking "look at all that lovely green" I'm thinking "imagine that 'leccy bill"

My anxiety would be at breaking point If I did that, just praying some other vulture doesn't get to the dairylea dunkers bargain before me.

I'm not saying I'd do it but taking one of the barometers I apply in difficult situations, whats the worst that could happen?

Isn't it closed at that time? It's a bold move doing the food shop on Christmas Eve though. More daring than running across a busy motorway.

Admittedly it wasnt for the main event but we got a vastly reduced turkey at about that time on Christmas Eve last year. I dont know if that was closing time or not. I was assumng it was but a quick online check says the store'l be open til 20.00 this Sunday and an advert on the tv's saying a load of Tesco shops will be open until 22.00. Perhaps that's just Scotland but either way that's a bit much, is it not?

I'm not saying I'd do it but taking one of the barometers I apply in difficult situations, whats the worst that could happen?

Admittedly it wasnt for the main event but we got a vastly reduced turkey at about that time on Christmas Eve last year. I dont know if that was closing time or not. I was assumng it was but a quick online check says the store'l be open til 20.00 this Sunday and an advert on the tv's saying a load of Tesco shops will be open until 22.00. Perhaps that's just Scotland but either way that's a bit much, is it not?

That's the little Tesco Extras, is it not?

That's the little Tesco Extras, is it not?

I don’t know. I finish work on Christmas Eve at 16.30 and my Christmas starts then. I’ll have no need for shops until we’re running low on bread/milk/double cream on Boxing Day evening

I'd close everything on Sundays and Boxing Day. We all need a day off from life.