You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Have Govan fucked you off?

Haha! 

No, just looking back at being part of a really special team a few years back and wondering what the team going up a level in the leagues means for me.

Got manager's player at the end of season awards do, which was nice. Bradders knows a player when he sees one.

I didn't like to mention it

It was getting embarrassing, all our neighbours had cut theirs.

Biggest laugh is I've made a complete arse of it & it looks like it's been cut by someone who had just had acid sprayed into their eyes.

I'll go round it later with some nail clippers.

It was getting embarrassing, all our neighbours had cut theirs.

Biggest laugh is I've made a complete arse of it & it looks like it's been cut by someone who had just had acid sprayed into their eyes.

I'll go round it later with some nail clippers.

Have you considered astroturf?

You're such a man buying that branded nonsense! Sainsburys ibuprofen 35p for 16

But, but, but it says "targeted relief" on the box. It doesn't matter that the list of ingredients is identical to every other Nurofen product, they all know exactly where they're required.

Reckit Beckinser that make it have just had their arses kicked in Australia over their specific pain products, to the tune of a couple of million dollars. A drop in the ocean to them, like. But still, at least they've been called on their bullshit.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/79446317/nurofen-maker-reckitt-beckinser-fined-186m-for-misleading-conduct

Was in work this morning and all the young staff were talking about getting to bed around 2am-3am and up at 7am which is apparently quite normal. I'd had a good 4-5 hours sleep already when they were getting to bed.

Idly googling the names of people you went to Uni with - people you always liked, but never stayed in touch with, because, y'know, stuff and things... - and finding them popping up repeatedly in the lists of "pray for the sick" in the parish magazine.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone is in the St Vincent de Paul parish of Altrincham, please let Sarah know she's still loved and admired by some twat she's not seen for over 20 years.

• Upvote 1

My eldest lad took me out for a pint last night, he asked me the best way to propose to his girlfriend and said he also wanted kids.

I thought about it for a second, trying to offer some father-son wisdom, then realisation hit me hard in the face, I am old now.

Still haven't offered any advice, I have been sulking since, knowing my best days are well and truly behind me.

• Upvote 1

That nagging voice in the back of your head that playing computer games is a time-sink and there are boring chores to do.

With me it's more that nagging voice in the back of your head saying that boring chores are a time-sink  and there are computer games to play

One of the lads is getting married next year and stag was destined for either Munich or Vegas. Find out today it's Ibiza in the June and booking flights next week. We'll all be approaching 40. Grim. Dunno if I want to go now.

One of the lads is getting married next year and stag was destined for either Munich or Vegas. Find out today it's Ibiza in the June and booking flights next week. We'll all be approaching 40. Grim. Dunno if I want to go now.

Get out there and get on the garys and beak and chat some disco chicks up lad.

Theres no finer sight than a fella in his 40s coked up and gurning his face off trying to get into some 18 year old girls pants while her mates take the piss behind his back. Its why I gave up drugs ten years ago.

Ibiza. What was he thinking?

• Upvote 2

My mates went last year for a stag do. That lasted a week. My mate said lights come on in one club at 8am and my mate was easily oldest on dance floor and he was 34 at time.

Another lad took ten pills as soon as he arrived and was paranoid as fuck for hours

If pulls are like anything you get here you'd need 10 to just get me to try and dance.