You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Match of the Day - Goal of the season

Red_Jim83

10 goals to choose from...yet no Torres goal in there, unbelievable!! So I'll have to pose the question, what was your favourite Torres premiership goal of the season. Mine has to be the Goal against Derby where he went past the two centre halves and then placed it past the keeper!

Lets go back to where it all began.

It might not have been his best but it was the start of an unbelievable season for him and against those cunts. I screamed so hard my throat nearly broke.

For that reason alone. That one gets my vote

Too difficult to pick.

His cheeky chip over the Tramp in the Bolton goal was a peach. As was his debut against the Chavs.

For me though it has to be the one in the first half against Derby. Dummying the 'keeper, 'Pele-esque', before comfortably slotting it home. Quite simply a different class.

I didn't see the selection on MOTD but was our third goal up at St. James Park on it? The one where Babel scored after about 30 odd passes. If Argentina or Brazil had scored that goal it would have been played non stop for the rest of the season.

Yeah, but a toe-poked free kick though. Doesn't compare, apparently...

Its the English mentality. Most would prefer to see some donkey lash one in from 40 yards then to see a goal which is all about techinque and ability.

Yea I think that is one of the major problems with these bloody things, they never look at real techinque just some fella belting one in from 30 yards.

Yea I think that is one of the major problems with these bloody things, they never look at real techinque just some fella belting one in from 30 yards.

Its an English football things, players like Matt Taylor, Muzzy Izzett and Riise are highly rated over here cause they can smash the ball in from 40 yards once in a while, despite being attrocious footballers.

I didn't see the selection on MOTD but was our third goal up at St. James Park on it? The one where Babel scored after about 30 odd passes. If Argentina or Brazil had scored that goal it would have been played non stop for the rest of the season.

Yet a one/two between Rooney and Tevez was in there, as was Ronaldo's deflected backheel against Villa.

Its an English football things, players like Matt Taylor, Muzzy Izzett and Riise are highly rated over here cause they can smash the ball in from 40 yards once in a while, despite being attrocious footballers.

who in there right mind would rate Muzzy Izzet :eek: i have never heard anyone say he was good

Dont really know why but i love the goal when the chief tackled the derby lad and it ran through for Torres who finished into the bottom right with his left. Loved that!!!

Its been mentioned a million times in a million threads but we really do have the spine of a world class team and that goal confirmed that for me! Wouldnt swap them two for the world!

Does anyone else not think that the one he scored against West Ham where he whipped it across his body whilst running at the ball was nothing short of brilliant? It mightn't be as much of a 'wow' goal as a 30-yard thunderbolt, but for pure technique it was bloody perfect, as there was SFA that either the defender who was right on him or the keeper could have done to stop it.

Brilliant!

I think Torres goal against Chelsea, in the league game at Anfield, is goal of the season. Not just for him, or a Liverpool player, but out of all goals this season. It really is special, from Gerrard's pass to him, his touch, pace and power to go past The Mole, then a wonderful finish past (arguably) the best keeper in the world. When you also consider that this was his home debut for his new team in a different country, it just adds to how special it was.

It's one of the best goals I've ever seen in my life, but it's massively under rated. I'm not surprised that MOTD didn't pick it, they were to busy picking either a) Man United goals, or b) goals scored from 25 yards. Sums the BBC up really.