You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Derailed - 0/10. Managed about twenty minutes of the most insipid acting, bad direction, appalling editing, and badly crafted action sequences ever committed straight to DVD. A Van Damned mess. Another shit offering from the Sony Movie Channel - otherwise known as the Straight To DVD Graveyard. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 hours ago, mattyq said:

A new series of Bosch is out on Prime this Friday

Always really enjoyed them

Cheers for the heads up, Matt. Well that's Saturday sorted! Love this programme. 

On 13/04/2020 at 16:52, Bjornebye said:

The Post. 

Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep true-story about The Washington Post and leaked Vietnam documents. 

8/10. Very good. 

Gave this a go last night after seeing your post.

Really enjoyed it, the time flew by. 8/10.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sir roger said:

Got Amazon Prime recently and this has been my favourite show so far. Was a bit dubious at first as the actor doesn't gel with the picture I have in my mind from the books,  but the first series was great and I am looking forward to ploughing through the rest.

Yeah,its very good. The only Amazon Prime series I have really taken to.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah,its very good. The only Amazon Prime series I have really taken to.

I use Amazon a fair bit and it was worth it for free deliveries and the TV was a bonus thing, having said that,  Bosch, Jack Ryan and Picard haven't been bad, the two Liverpool games were great,  and the wife is pleased that they have added HAYU free for a month so I can get on with my gaming and on here while she wallows in shit property and garden design shows.

Richard Jewell is a good true life account movie (assuming it's not been altered for the big screen). Clint Eastwood is a great director but Kathy Bates and Sam Rockwell are fantastic actors too and play their parts perfectly. 8 Richards out of 10 Jewells.

46 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Richard Jewell is a good true life account movie (assuming it's not been altered for the big screen). Clint Eastwood is a great director but Kathy Bates and Sam Rockwell are fantastic actors too and play their parts perfectly. 8 Richards out of 10 Jewells.

Apparently a lot of liberties were taken with the truth.  And I think the Atlanta newspaper is suing Clint for making shit up about their journalists.

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Apparently a lot of liberties were taken with the truth.  And I think the Atlanta newspaper is suing Clint for making shit up about their journalists.

For fear of spoilers I took out an observation about the FBI agent and the female journalist as I doubt that is how the story got leaked. But that's the only liberty I would see as being obvious.

9 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Bridge of Spies - 8/10.

Tom Hanks is just fucking boss. Mark Rylance was superb.

This has me confused. People were talking about The Post and I remembered watching a film with Tom Hanks in and I assumed I had seen it. I have definitely seen Bridge of Spies but I'm now thinking I have not seen The Post.

6 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This has me confused. People were talking about The Post and I remembered watching a film with Tom Hanks in and I assumed I had seen it. I have definitely seen Bridge of Spies but I'm now thinking I have not seen The Post.

The Post has a similar theme as All The Presidents Men but not as intense. 

Well worth watching. 

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - 6/10.

Want to like it more than I did because it had some good parts but overall I thought the acting was a bit shit. To the point where I couldn’t really take it seriously enough ( I know it’s supposed to be a daft film).

Dead Calm - older thriller with Nicole Kidman, Sam Neill and Billy Zane. Very difficult to believe that the events in this film would actually happen, which is a shame as it had a lot of potential for a great film. Mildly enjoyable. 6/10.

Staw Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker - it's a good film in some respects and a terrible film in others. Some of the scenes are laughably bad ("I'm the spy") and I noticed also that the vast majority of the film had music playing in the background which really killed the tension. A handful of scenes went really quiet and they were among the best scenes in the film. At times, 7/10. At other times, 3/10 (and that's being generous).

Roman J. Israel, Esq 

Denzel Washington plays a brilliantly clever law clerk whose life gets turned upside down. One of them films where you get attached to the character so much the you genuinely want to stop the film because you feel so sorry for them. Very good. 

Netflix. 

7.5/10. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Staw Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker - it's a good film in some respects and a terrible film in others. Some of the scenes are laughably bad ("I'm the spy") and I noticed also that the vast majority of the film had music playing in the background which really killed the tension. A handful of scenes went really quiet and they were among the best scenes in the film. At times, 7/10. At other times, 3/10 (and that's being generous).

Thought the John Williams score was the best thing about the movie.  Adam Driver tried his best to carry a bad trilogy to its conclusion.  He comes out of it with credit, although Kylo Ren as a character was hideously inconsistent.  Lando was good.  The rest of the main protagonists were awful.  Rey and Po just so unlikable.  Finn was a nothing character.  

Palpatine was in good form but should have been dead as fuck.  It was a cheap move bringing him back with his jars of Snokes. 

19 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Thought the John Williams score was the best thing about the movie.  Adam Driver tried his best to carry a bad trilogy to its conclusion.  He comes out of it with credit, although Kylo Ren as a character was hideously inconsistent.  Lando was good.  The rest of the main protagonists were awful.  Rey and Po just so unlikable.  Finn was a nothing character.  

Palpatine was in good form but should have been dead as fuck.  It was a cheap move bringing him back with his jars of Snokes. 

John Williams scoring is ace, but practically every scene had music playing through it. And the music often changed pace/tone to almost tell you that something good/bad was about to happen. I was really confused how Palpatine turned up when as far as I was aware he had not been mentioned to hinted at since the end of Return of the jedi.

Green Book - 9/10.

Absolutely loved this film. The two main characters were so good and it was a really thought provoking story. It's a theme that's been done plenty of times before so it was predictable but not in a bad way.

Highly recommended.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Green Book - 9/10.

Absolutely loved this film. The two main characters were so good and it was a really thought provoking story. It's a theme that's been done plenty of times before so it was predictable but not in a bad way.

Highly recommended.

Yep. Bloody great. 

We’ve been doing Friday night movies with the kids and they keep choosing Studio Ghibli films, which is great.

We’ve had Spirited Away, Kiki’s Delivery Service and last night it was Castle in the Sky.

This one’s a bit more of a straight up fantasy rather than normal life with added magic or mythical touches. Still boss, kids loved it.

8/10

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

We’ve been doing Friday night movies with the kids and they keep choosing Studio Ghibli films, which is great.

We’ve had Spirited Away, Kiki’s Delivery Service and last night it was Castle in the Sky.

This one’s a bit more of a straight up fantasy rather than normal life with added magic or mythical touches. Still boss, kids loved it.

8/10

The Red Turtle ?