You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

13 hours ago, Paul said:

The Creator - 8/10. Loved it. Made a relatively low budget go an awfully long way. Looks fucking incredible and JDW is almost as charismatic as his dad. Almost. 

No One Will Save You - 8/10. Again, superb. The last ten minutes are mental and pretty incongruous, but it’s still a cracking little B movie that looks way better than you’d expect for its pedigree and stature. 

Yeah, I enjoyed NOWSY more than I expected to.

32 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Has anyone been to see A haunting in Venice yet? For some reason I want to see this despite not being impressed with his remake of murder on the orient and absolutely despising death on the Nile.

Mixed reviews on IMDb 

I am an Agatha Christie fan but am yet to see any of the Kenneth Branagh Poirot films. What didn’t you like about Death on the Nile?

28 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I am an Agatha Christie fan but am yet to see any of the Kenneth Branagh Poirot films. What didn’t you like about Death on the Nile?

Everything Toe, The acting, pacing and  overuse of green screens for starters.

Severely lacking everything that made the Ustinov / Niven a charming classic. 

Brannaghs MOTOE is a watchable yarn but again, seriously lacking in any charm or class. You can see everyone’s just acting their parts and it takes you out of it. 

While we’re talking about Agatha, was waiting for the daughter to get a coffee in London at the weekend and what’s standing right in front of me, but this….

IMG_1226.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Everything Toe, The acting, pacing and  overuse of green screens for starters.

Severely lacking everything that made the Ustinov / Niven a charming classic. 

Brannaghs MOTOE is a watchable yarn but again, seriously lacking in any charm or class. You can see everyone’s just acting their parts and it takes you out of it. 

While we’re talking about Agatha, was waiting for the daughter to get a coffee in London at the weekend and what’s standing right in front of me, but this….

IMG_1226.jpeg

I saw that a few years ago. From memory, it’s near Covent Garden.

On 16/10/2023 at 00:19, Red74 said:

Indiana Jones new one.

Christ this is chronic. Id had enough by the time he got on the horse in the city. 

One of the worst half hours I’ve ever had and I’ve been at 3 childbirths 

avoid 0/10

edit. Tell you what, these Hollywood writers have got some nerve going on strike for more pay when they’re churning out shite movies & cringeworthy marvel & Star Wars every week since covid hit. 

Im all for people striking for better conditions but in this case, if I was the studios I’d sack them all and blacklist the lot of them like the McCarthy witch-hunts 

Watched this in full over the weekend and it ultimately just felt exactly like it was, a pointless cash cow. It had a coupe of decent moments, mainly the whole "de-aged" set-piece at the start. It went downhill really from then on. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is hugely irritating anyway and it's by far the least exciting Indiana Jones film, even IJATKOTCS was more exciting. Again, it felt 30 minutes too long and i just had no feelings whatsoever for any of the other characters. Mads Mikkelsen is just doing his usual expression free bad guy. A waste of everyone's time, sadly.

4/10

54 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Watched this in full over the weekend and it ultimately just felt exactly like it was, a pointless cash cow. It had a coupe of decent moments, mainly the whole "de-aged" set-piece at the start. It went downhill really from then on. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is hugely irritating anyway and it's by far the least exciting Indiana Jones film, even IJATKOTCS was more exciting. Again, it felt 30 minutes too long and i just had no feelings whatsoever for any of the other characters. Mads Mikkelsen is just doing his usual expression free bad guy. A waste of everyone's time, sadly.

4/10

I think you mean money pit. It lost over $100m

Fair Play - Netflix - 2023

Film about a couple who get engaged but they have to keep it quiet because they both work at the same cut-throat hedge-fund. It's actually quite good but I think what makes it good is Phoebe Dynevor. I've re-discovered what it feels like to be truly in love. She is beyond amazing. The fact that she's Sally Websters daughter (In real life) doesn't scare me. Fucked up ending that you can half see coming (well not the final scene) but it keeps you intrigued to see how it all unravels. 

6/10 without Phoebe, 11/10 with her. 

Phoebe-Dynevor-Fair-Play-CAT.jpg?fit=127

Fair-Play-Still-1-H-2022.jpg?w=1296

phoebe-dynevore-movie-trailer-080723-01-

phoebe-dynevor-1624652123.jpg?crop=1xw:0

GET IT WATCHED and report back after you've found your cock. 

55 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I’m tempted to book Killers of the Flower Moon for next week but that run time is putting me off. Might order one of those doughnut cushions from Amazon first. 

I still haven’t watched The Irishman because it’s so long. Weirdly though I saw Oppenheimer and wasn’t arsed in the slightest by the running time. 

On 18/10/2023 at 11:38, Total Longo said:

4/10

She was a massive massive Mary Sue cunt.

Never seen her before in anything, so no axe to grind whatsoever, but she only managed to boil my fucking piss and ruin a film which many were looking forward to.

Flush the cunt down the bog.

15 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

She was a massive massive Mary Sue cunt.

Never seen her before in anything, so no axe to grind whatsoever, but she only managed to boil my fucking piss and ruin a film which many were looking forward to.

Flush the cunt down the bog.

She does my head in as well, like the fucking Miranda of Shoreditch 

Got sent for the flu & covid jabs Monday. Guess what, I’m full of flu today.

Took the day off and due to my physical impairment, I could not be arsed searching for hours for something to watch so the first thing that came up on Amazon was a movie called - Guy Ritchies The Covenant. 

Now I’ve liked Guys last few films and Jake’s become a bit of a go-to actor for me so let’s go.

What a good movie, bit cliched but it does what it says on the tin very well. 

Phone only picked up twice so Im gonna give this an entertaining 7/10. 

Moral of the story, never ever sell your countrymen out to the infidel invader. 

Had a little siesta and left one of the sky movie channels on while I was fannying around with work, boxed that and looks up to see that creepy doll movie called Megan was 20 mins in. Couldn’t be arsed rewinding it as the remote had fell on the floor so left it on. 

Another good pick this one. Far better than what you’d expect, although everything you expect to happen, happens. 

Another 7/10 - 3 phone pick ups 

Moral of the story AI is here to murder us and it’s coming soon.

For some absolutety bizarre reason, I’ve put The Bruce Willis / Richard Gere travesty - Day of the Jackal on. I thought this was terrible when it first came out and an hour in its far worse. 

2/10 for richards accent. Haven’t put phone down. Typing this shit on my phone right now while its still on. 

Moral of the story - those unswallowed tablets your mother in law gave you on your last Illness are stronger than you think. Take more with a bottle of scotch to forget this. 

24 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Got sent for the flu & covid jabs Monday. Guess what, I’m full of flu today.

Took the day off and due to my physical impairment, I could not be arsed searching for hours for something to watch so the first thing that came up on Amazon was a movie called - Guy Ritchies The Covenant. 

Now I’ve liked Guys last few films and Jake’s become a bit of a go-to actor for me so let’s go.

What a good movie, bit cliched but it does what it says on the tin very well. 

Phone only picked up twice so Im gonna give this an entertaining 7/10. 

Moral of the story, never ever sell your countrymen out to the infidel invader. 

Had a little siesta and left one of the sky movie channels on while I was fannying around with work, boxed that and looks up to see that creepy doll movie called Megan was 20 mins in. Couldn’t be arsed rewinding it as the remote had fell on the floor so left it on. 

Another good pick this one. Far better than what you’d expect, although everything you expect to happen, happens. 

Another 7/10 - 3 phone pick ups 

Moral of the story AI is here to murder us and it’s coming soon.

For some absolutety bizarre reason, I’ve put The Bruce Willis / Richard Gere travesty - Day of the Jackal on. I thought this was terrible when it first came out and an hour in its far worse. 

2/10 for richards accent. Haven’t put phone down. Typing this shit on my phone right now while its still on. 

Moral of the story - those unswallowed tablets your mother in law gave you on your last Illness are stronger than you think. Take more with a bottle of scotch to forget this. 

I had my flu jab on Saturday morning.

Went in, sat down, turned my head to look away, "there, you're all done" said the nurse.

Felt no needle, no bruise, no stiff arm, no flu like sniffles. I think she fucking missed!

9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I had my flu jab on Saturday morning.

Went in, sat down, turned my head to look away, "there, you're all done" said the nurse.

Felt no needle, no bruise, no stiff arm, no flu like sniffles. I think she fucking missed!

The covid ones like a punch in the arm a few hours later. Go back and get it. Just for the  kicks for annoying the anti Vaxers 

15 hours ago, Paul said:

I still haven’t watched The Irishman because it’s so long. Weirdly though I saw Oppenheimer and wasn’t arsed in the slightest by the running time. 

I want to see Killers of the Flower Moon but no way am I sitting in a shit cinema seat for that long. No worries, it's in IMAX at my local, reclining leather seats! I'm in.

• Upvote 1

On 19/10/2023 at 13:40, Bjornebye said:

Fair Play - Netflix - 2023

Film about a couple who get engaged but they have to keep it quiet because they both work at the same cut-throat hedge-fund. It's actually quite good but I think what makes it good is Phoebe Dynevor. I've re-discovered what it feels like to be truly in love. She is beyond amazing. The fact that she's Sally Websters daughter (In real life) doesn't scare me. Fucked up ending that you can half see coming (well not the final scene) but it keeps you intrigued to see how it all unravels. 

6/10 without Phoebe, 11/10 with her. 

Phoebe-Dynevor-Fair-Play-CAT.jpg?fit=127

Fair-Play-Still-1-H-2022.jpg?w=1296

phoebe-dynevore-movie-trailer-080723-01-

phoebe-dynevor-1624652123.jpg?crop=1xw:0

GET IT WATCHED and report back after you've found your cock. 

Someone anyone please