You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Get Out - Apparently classified as a horror movie but it can't be because I didn't get scared once and I got scared by an episode of Doctor Who a few years ago. It was good though, more Twilight Zone in it's story than anything else, and I found it gripping, funny in some parts and enjoyable throughout. Good performances especially Lakeith Stanfield, who I'd only seen in Atlanta on FX. Not scary but really good tale. 8 out of 10.

Free Fire - Ben Wheatley film which uses a single location for its running time about a gun deal that goes wrong. Had a good cast but I didn't much care for it. I don't think the premise was long enough to be used for a 90 minute run time and truthfully the characters spent most of the film crawling around in the dirt. I also didn't think it was as funny as it thought it was. It was okay, maybe because I was full of cold whilst watching it I had a low tolerance, but it had no stand-out moments. 5.5 out of 10.

I watched 3 billboards outside ebbing Missouri last night thanks to all the folks on here who've rated it, and loved it. Thoroughly watchable from the outset, very well developed and relatable characters, well acted, not trying at any point to be too arty or clever, just a cracking film.

Funny in loads of spots too.

As good a film as I've watched in ages.

9/10

Miller's crossing. 5/10.

Couldn't get into this film for some reason so it only got a 5 but I recall seeing it many years earlier and quite enjoying it but this time around only a 5.

Thor Ragnarock. 8.25/10.

Very enjoyable film with plenty of humour thrown in for good measure.

Legend

Thought Tom Hardy was excellent but fuck me there was a LOT of artistic license used here. As a historical portrayal of events it was way off the mark but Hardy's performances were top class and as a semi-fictional film based on facts it was decent.

7.3/10

All Good Things.

Based on a true story about a rich man who's accused of murdering his wife and the man who he got to murder a girl who knew he did it.

Suppose you can only work with what you've got but it was all very slow throughout. 4/10

The rich man got away with it.

Could almost have been spoken by my wife.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

I’d totally forgotten about the adjustment bureau. I remember enjoying that.

Yeah, certainly different and pretty good acting, that Emily Blunt is also cute as. 

All Good Things.

Based on a true story about a rich man who's accused of murdering his wife and the man who he got to murder a girl who knew he did it.

Suppose you can only work with what you've got but it was all very slow throughout. 4/10

The rich man got away with it.

This is the 'real' story of that 'rich man' in a six-part mini-series as told through the testimony of all concerned. Believe me, that film scarcely scratches the surface of what Robert Durst got up to. This is both horrifying and compelling in equal measures. The truth is often stranger than fiction:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4299972/?ref_=nv_sr_1

zrSlB2c.jpg

• Upvote 3

This is the 'real' story of that 'rich man' in a six-part mini-series as told through the testimony of all concerned. Believe me, that film scarcely scratches the surface of what Robert Durst got up to. This is both horrifying and compelling in equal measures. The truth is often stranger than fiction:

zrSlB2c.jpg

I'm sick n tired of the same old crud, hey pretty baby I need fresh blood...

Boy 9/10

Does Taika Waititi know how to make a bad film? I don't think he could if he tried. Brilliant film,both funny as fuck and equally sad at times. You have simply got to watch his stuff and see that great films can easily be made on a shoestring with non professional actors.

To my knowledge I've only seen Hunt for the Wilderpeople, which I loved. 8/10.

zrSlB2c.jpg

I'll give this a go. Thanks.

The Big Sick - Comedy (semi-autobiographical) about a Pakistani-American man who falls in love with a white girl who then falls into a coma. Gotta be honest, knew it had good reviews but I saw the running time (2 hours) and all I could think is not another comedy that's too fucking long. I was wrong about that, its running time was never issue and I was really absorbed by it. Quite funny and just a really sweet comedy about culture clashes and families. Stand-out performances from Ray Romano, Adeel Akhtar and especially Holly Hunter as Emily's mother. Thoroughly enjoyed it and pleasantly surprised by it. It was made by Amazon Studios so it had a theatrical release but it's now available on Amazon Prime if you have it. 9 out of 10.