You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paletta close to Boca move

RSM

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to the lad, he looked excellent at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2005. I think we're just to big a club for him this early in his career.

Probably a good point, that. I doubt he's as shit as he's looked for us so far. He's probably just one of those players who was too young for such a change of culture and style of play. He might turn out to be half decent in the end.

Worst player I've seen in a Liverpool shirt.

Bollocks... Sean Dundee has that honour.. and on the subject of shite central defenders, what about Torben Piechnik? Good lad and all that, for doing always being the last off the pitch applauding the fans, but he was shite.

Totally agree. Sadly he's far too slow for the Prem. Another one of Rafa's duds Im afraid.

All managers have duds though, Wenger has got a list as long as his successes and he's touted as a transfer genius. As long as the duds are cheap and get moved on quickly it's not a problem.

Nicky "Motherfuckin'" Tanner

I can't believe this thread moved half a page down before someone brought his name into it! In all likelihood the worst player to play (relatively) regularly for the Reds in my lifetime (although my Norwegian compatriots Kvarme and Leonhardsen run him close).

FWIW Paletta isn't that bad, there's a lot of hysterical nonsense being spoken in this thread. He's not ready for us, and may never be, but he's a decent player and he'll probably go on to play for Argentina.

Don't talk bollocks Maldini. Someone's either world class, a wonderkid or shite, you should know that by now.

I may have read that wrong but didnt Kenny sign Carter?

yep. you associate him with souness because he played him as a sub and then hauled him off after only a few minutes. I can't believe we managed to sell him at only a slight loss. to arsenal too. good bit of business by souness.

yep. you associate him with souness because he played him as a sub and then hauled him off after only a few minutes. I can't believe we managed to sell him at only a slight loss. to arsenal too. good bit of business by souness.

Near shit them when Arsenal took him off us and he did fuck all there either.

Pellegrino was shit but he allowed Sami to have a rest in league games so he was fresh for Europe. It worked as he was immense the season we won the Champions League.

My vote for shittest player goes to Istvan Kozma, the worst of numerous terrible signings by Souness.