You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

TLW getting a mention. They’ve obviously read this thread. 

The Penny Farthing wasn’t rough, it was just really, really fucking shit, and that’s what was great about it. 

It’s a rehash, that Eagle and child quote was done about 15 years ago and in the early pages of this thread 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Echo list of six of the best. I've only ever been in two of them, I think. I don't recall the Belgrave being that bad, to be honest: just ordinarily shit, rather than properly rough. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/nostalgia/liverpools-lost-rough-pubs-criminal-25675941

Vladi, writing on The Liverpool Way website, said: "It takes some beating.

"I was in there once and they had a mouse racing track set up with everyone betting on these mice. It was all going well until some nutcase tried to eat all the mice for a bet and all hell broke loose. I never went in there much but apparently that was a normal night."

I was in a pub last Thursday night and someone had blown up one of the shitters. It must have been a  cherry bomb or something but imagine someone putting a hand grenade down a toilet on a road runner cartoon, that's genuinely what it looked like.

Superb.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

It’s a rehash, that Eagle and child quote was done about 15 years ago and in the early pages of this thread 

Yeah here is an article from 2013 quoting Vladi's and Anny Road's posts on here...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/tough-pubs-you-try-eagle-3488635?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

On 27/05/2007 at 23:13, Dr.Filth said:

No longer with us, but the Eagle and Child in Page Moss takes some beating. I was in there once and they had a Mouse Racing track set up with everyone betting on these mice. It was all going well until some nutcase tried to eat all the mice for a bet and all hell broke loose.

I never went in there much but apparantly that was just a normal night.

Yeah defo a rough alehouse. Saw a fight kick off there over a leg of lamb raffle and the barman ended up running along the bar hitting people over the head with the prize.

On 02/06/2022 at 18:37, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Me and a flatmate from uni went for a pint at a gaybar because we'd heard it had a reputation for being rough so we pretended to go as a couple. That was in Derby, can't remember the street.  Turns out it was just a load of gay fellas drinking. 

Or a load of straight fellas pretending to be gay. 

Did you manage to pull it off?............. as it were.... 

• 5 months later...

I was at a funeral yesterday, wake was in the Harlech Castle on County Road. (Macca and Robbie were there) Couldn't believe how cheap a round was. Bought a Guinness, a cider, a large JD and Coke, a can of coke and a White Wine. 14 pound something. Couldn't believe it. Roughest arse part of Liverpool but what a pub. Also had an extremely gay glass collector wearing a skimpy crop top and nobody batted an eyelid even the rough arse locals. Progression is happening. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

The Star Bar in Glasgow is a fucking dump.  They still do 3 courses for £4 with a soup starter, a choice of Mac & cheese, pie and chips or fish and chips and dessert consists of Rice pudding and tinned fruit or ice cream and tinned fruit.

The food is about £3.50 to expensive, the regulars are fucking weird and it stinks of piss.

7 hours ago, Fugitive said:

The Star Bar in Glasgow is a fucking dump.  They still do 3 courses for £4 with a soup starter, a choice of Mac & cheese, pie and chips or fish and chips and dessert consists of Rice pudding and tinned fruit or ice cream and tinned fruit.

The food is about £3.50 to expensive, the regulars are fucking weird and it stinks of piss.

It's hardly rough though.

Plenty rough boozers in Glagow although like most cities, a lot of the classics are gone.

• 5 months later...

Never been in despite being a local, but not surprised in the slightest given its reputation!

Edit - I got twatted over the head with a pool cue when I was 16/17 in the Queens, on Knowsley Road though. Great times!

http://BBC News - Seaforth pub's licence suspended after armed brawl https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-68469939

6 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

Never been in despite being a local, but not surprised in the slightest given its reputation!

Edit - I got twatted over the head with a pool cue when I was 16/17 in the Queens, on Knowsley Road though. Great times!

http://BBC News - Seaforth pub's licence suspended after armed brawl https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-68469939

The link doesn't work mate.

15 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

The link doesn't work mate.

I went to the article on the BBC website, its the Caradoc.

"Friendly Bar" it says on the outside. Uh huh......

I dont really remember that one from when I lived up that way, my Dad and Uncle used to go to the Inty.

6 minutes ago, redinblack said:

I went to the article on the BBC website, its the Caradoc.

"Friendly Bar" it says oon the outside. Uh huh......

I dont really remember that one from when I lived up that way, my Dad and Uncle used to go to the Inty.

Got it.