Quantcast
Small pleasures? - Page 122 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Section_31

Small pleasures?

You live in a new house so that counts as cheating

Aye, it's great for keeping the heat in which is a small pleasure in itself.

A lazy Sunday - cup of tea, chocolate hobnobs for dunking, feet up and a Columbo double-bill on the telly. Bliss.

Stuff of dreams that.

A lazy Sunday - cup of tea, chocolate hobnobs for dunking, feet up and a Columbo double-bill on the telly. Bliss.

Repped for the tea and biscuits, but Poirot is miles better than Columbo.

November for me.

Used to have a wood burning stove in our old house, which was boss. Only got central heating now and I won’t have it on at all, as it plays havoc with my sinuses, drys my throat and makes my skin itch. My wife has to wear a coat indoors.

• Upvote 1

Repped for the tea and biscuits, but Poirot is miles better than Columbo.

Poirot is prissy, overly fussy, officious and not uncoincidentally Belgian, while Columbo is the slobby, humble everyman.

Can’t believe this to be honest, Tone.

You might as well have suggested replacing the Hob Nobs with Rich Tea.

• Upvote 1

Actually I’m seething. What kind of heartless cow would take a lads PieMagic?

Dos you ever make the cheeseburger and fries Pie Stouff?

I did a cheeseburger pie with tomato relish, it was as good as it sounds.

8 hours ago, moof said:

Women who squat. Maybe one for the “big pleasures” thread, actually

Should I be asking you to be more specific?

19 minutes ago, Champ said:

Should I be asking you to be more specific?

Sorry champ, I almost feel bad about posting that

I have a colleague who likes to lift weights. Lovely lass. She gives me some great workout tips 

45 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

He's a big fan of unwashed women with dreadlocks and nose rings who don't pay rent. 

I actually am, you know. I’m all about the equal opportunities 

1 hour ago, moof said:

Sorry champ, I almost feel bad about posting that

I have a colleague who likes to lift weights. Lovely lass. She gives me some great workout tips 

Why do you feel bad about that?

I am a recent convert to weights and squats. Absolutely love it. 

Have I just ruined it for you?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Champ said:

Why do you feel bad about that?

I am a recent convert to weights and squats. Absolutely love it. 

Have I just ruined it for you?

I don’t really, was just trying to appear a little less sleazy. It’s a constant struggle. 

Ruined it? Quite the opposite, actually! That’s given me at least 6 months fantasy material. On a serious note, I’m glad you're enjoying! It’s quite a buzz isn’t it? Can’t promise I won’t be pestering you for progress selfies... x

12 hours ago, moof said:

I don’t really, was just trying to appear a little less sleazy. It’s a constant struggle. 

Ruined it? Quite the opposite, actually! That’s given me at least 6 months fantasy material. On a serious note, I’m glad you're enjoying! It’s quite a buzz isn’t it? Can’t promise I won’t be pestering you for progress selfies... x

Moof! I'm probably old enough to be your grandmother or something stupid like that...but who am I to judge (or reject a compliment)

I was pestered into joining a gym earlier in the year by one of my friends. The first class I did I hurt my back, but as with the yoga, there was something about it I really liked and although my friend wasn't so sure, I'm hooked!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Champ said:

Moof! I'm probably old enough to be your grandmother or something stupid like that...but who am I to judge (or reject a compliment)

I was pestered into joining a gym earlier in the year by one of my friends. The first class I did I hurt my back, but as with the yoga, there was something about it I really liked and although my friend wasn't so sure, I'm hooked!

Nonsense! Besides, experience trumps youthful exuberance in my book, and I’d bet you’re fitter than the vast majority of 20 year olds around anyway. 

It’s brilliant, amazing therapy and completely addictive. Plus the posterior benefits... oh, marone. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Champ said:

Hmm....Grandma you say

37FF2946-E8BE-431D-B627-520F11243F18.jpeg

Usually go to Spoons on a Friday early on for a Brecky, was busy today and couldn't be arsed with the lunchtime pond life so I decoded to go to the chippy.

Massive Fish and chips, tub of curry and a buttered roll. Magic.

Haven't done that for years

• Upvote 1