You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beattie for England

Joeys Pogo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate do you need an amount of posts on here before saying your bit. Jesus fucken Christ.

Where did I say that? My point was about people with 31 posts assuming they know what other people on the forum think and believe.

Admirable and Sven Goran Eriksson in the same sentence??

I guess Saha should replace Henry now.

Form is temporary and all that.

Beattie is ten times the waist size Crouch will ever be.

I don't think the disparity between Saha and Henry and Crouch and Beattie is the same. While I think Saha is a fine player I think Beattie v Crouch is a debate worth having

Got to hate people with 31 posts coming onto the forum shouting the odds and assuming they know exactly what everyone else thinks.

I just do not see why the amount of posts comes into it. This is a Liverpool Forum and anyone can come on and shout the odds regardless of post count. And if no one agress then fair do. Do you think someone with eight thousand posts has the right. Just think you were wrong to mention it thats all. Anyroads I know there has been some fuckwits on here recently so onwards and upwards and 1 -2 tomorrow to us.

Got to hate people with 31 posts coming onto the forum shouting the odds and assuming they know exactly what everyone else thinks.

I just do not see why the amount of posts comes into it. This is a Liverpool Forum and anyone can come on and shout the odds regardless of post count. And if no one agress then fair do. Do you think someone with eight thousand posts has the right. Just think you were wrong to mention it thats all. Anyroads I know there has been some fuckwits on here recently so onwards and upwards and 1 -2 tomorrow to us.

You need at least 507 and thn you can say whatever you want......wanker

Hey - what are you doing saying wanker with less than a thousand posts? Cuntsponge.

*conceeds defeat to bigger kid* :no

Sangria: Sorry Sammya why wanker. Just when called one would like to know why.

I'm just abusing my powers of having over 508 posts. You get a free Crouchmania T-shirt from dave when you hit that figure, don't you Dave :whistle:

Beattie is having a good run of form now, and is certainly in better form than Crouch, but these are 5 good games out of about 70 games that he has played for Everton. A lad I worked with who is a Saints fan was delighted to see Beattie leave Southampton and gutted to see Crouch leave, he thought that Beattie was arrogant, scored all of his goals in two runs of form a season and spent the rest of the time telling everyone how good he is. He thought that Crouch was a better player than Crouch realised and if he had a touch of Beattie's arrogance he would score more, but he reckoned that most of Southampton's goals in the Premiership in their last season either came from Peter scoring or setting them up. HFor me the jury is still out on Peter, I hope we see the best of him next season with someone more prolific playing off him, but I know that if I were Rafa or Sven I would rather Crouch than Beattie in my side.

As for Moyes' other international claims: Arteta is a good player, he is unlucky that he is in competition with Xabi, Fabregas, and when fit Xavi, to complain that he is excluded when Garcis is included is stupid as they do not play in the same position.

Osman when I have seen him has looked like a good first division player, but no way International class, my memory of him also is that he tires toward the end of matches.

Neville probably will make the England squad because he can play in a number of different positions, but he would be at best 4th choice for me in every position he plays, ie, at left back (his strongest postion) I would have Cole, Bridge, and Konchesky ahead of him as natural left backs, I would also have Carra in ahead of him.

I heard some of the calls from Everton fans tonight and the one thing that really struck me was that they weren't really suggesting that there players should be picked for their respective countries, instead they were almost suggesting that there was a pro-Liverpool conspiracy, I would have accepted their arguments more if they had of brought Bent into the argument asking why he got his chance ahead of Beattie, or asked why Spain were going to bring the raw talent of Fabregas instead of Arteta, but it was a constant diatribe against us, I think ourt reaction should either be to take a reasoned approach and consider the merits of their players international claims, or (what I initially thought) tell them to fuck off and quit whinging. What I don't think that we should do is use it as another fucking excuse to have a go at one of our own.

Beattie is having a good run of form now, and is certainly in better form than Crouch, but these are 5 good games out of about 70 games that he has played for Everton. A lad I worked with who is a Saints fan was delighted to see Beattie leave Southampton and gutted to see Crouch leave, he thought that Beattie was arrogant, scored all of his goals in two runs of form a season and spent the rest of the time telling everyone how good he is. He thought that Crouch was a better player than Crouch realised and if he had a touch of Beattie's arrogance he would score more, but he reckoned that most of Southampton's goals in the Premiership in their last season either came from Peter scoring or setting them up. HFor me the jury is still out on Peter, I hope we see the best of him next season with someone more prolific playing off him, but I know that if I were Rafa or Sven I would rather Crouch than Beattie in my side.

As for Moyes' other international claims: Arteta is a good player, he is unlucky that he is in competition with Xabi, Fabregas, and when fit Xavi, to complain that he is excluded when Garcis is included is stupid as they do not play in the same position.

Osman when I have seen him has looked like a good first division player, but no way International class, my memory of him also is that he tires toward the end of matches.

Neville probably will make the England squad because he can play in a number of different positions, but he would be at best 4th choice for me in every position he plays, ie, at left back (his strongest postion) I would have Cole, Bridge, and Konchesky ahead of him as natural left backs, I would also have Carra in ahead of him.

I heard some of the calls from Everton fans tonight and the one thing that really struck me was that they weren't really suggesting that there players should be picked for their respective countries, instead they were almost suggesting that there was a pro-Liverpool conspiracy, I would have accepted their arguments more if they had of brought Bent into the argument asking why he got his chance ahead of Beattie, or asked why Spain were going to bring the raw talent of Fabregas instead of Arteta, but it was a constant diatribe against us, I think ourt reaction should either be to take a reasoned approach and consider the merits of their players international claims, or (what I initially thought) tell them to fuck off and quit whinging. What I don't think that we should do is use it as another fucking excuse to have a go at one of our own.

What's all this then, a sensible and considered response? Shame on you sir! ;)

And Hibbert and Osman according to Moyes. O_o

Not quite on a par with Alan Pardew saying that Sven should call up Harewood, Zamora, Ashton and Sheringham.

In a few years, he'll have a huge case with Dean Ashton, but not now.... Of all of West Ham's English players I would have thought he would have been screaming "Etherington for England".