You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Hammill and Calum Woods

Scouse_Datcha

Awww, come on!? Is it because you don't know the answer, or because you don't want to hurt any feelings since the players families come on here?

I honestly don't know. There's no-one who stands out like Gerrard or Owen did.

Of the reserve lads, for me Guthrie is closest to the first team. He's an intellegent player who has come on a lot this season.

Anderson is the most promising long term and maybe has the best chance of making it. Really difficult to say though until they are given a chance to see if they can step up.

Of the u18 side, there's loads who could have a chance depending on how they progress in the next 2 years. In terms of pure talent, I'd say Charlie Barnett is the most gifted. But then there's someone like Stephen Darby who is Mr Dependable and reminds me a little of Carra.

Jay Spearing is class, but very small. I like Jimmy Ryan too, but until they're playing regularly for the reserves it's too hard to say who has a chance of making it or not.

The difference between these lads and a Gerrard is simply that Gerrard was just better. But for me, John Welsh at 16/17 was every bit as good as Gerrard (albeit in a different style). Doesn't mean they'll make it though, as lots of things can go wrong.

Calum Woods was weith the squad tonight (and not for the first time I might add) but wasn't actually on the bench.

I think we're seeing signs of improvement in Hammill's decision making. Defo moving in the right direction.

Woods has been 17th man on several occasions.

Calum Woods was weith the squad tonight (and not for the first time I might add) but wasn't actually on the bench.

ha ha yeah, Calum was there but although he might have been 17th man, gutted for him because he seemed to any1 who didnt no that to be the ball boy! before the match he was going round with the ball bag collecting the stray balls whilst being punded with balls kicked at him by Willo!! Good banta obviously within the lads, also funny was the fact that last night just when Robbie Foy was ready to come on the pitch, Miki got injured and Godwin came on and Calum was takin the piss out of him laughin at him cuz he was just about to come on and in the end didn't!

Guest tactics truck
I honestly don't know. There's no-one who stands out like Gerrard or Owen did.

Of the reserve lads, for me Guthrie is closest to the first team. He's an intellegent player who has come on a lot this season.

Anderson is the most promising long term and maybe has the best chance of making it. Really difficult to say though until they are given a chance to see if they can step up.

Of the u18 side, there's loads who could have a chance depending on how they progress in the next 2 years. In terms of pure talent, I'd say Charlie Barnett is the most gifted. But then there's someone like Stephen Darby who is Mr Dependable and reminds me a little of Carra.

Jay Spearing is class, but very small. I like Jimmy Ryan too, but until they're playing regularly for the reserves it's too hard to say who has a chance of making it or not.

The difference between these lads and a Gerrard is simply that Gerrard was just better. But for me, John Welsh at 16/17 was every bit as good as Gerrard (albeit in a different style). Doesn't mean they'll make it though, as lots of things can go wrong.

Why don't you think Welsh made it. Ian Dawes was a good freind of mine and he would enjoy sucking up to John for all he was worth around that time and I remember John was meant to play for England and be the next captain etc. Obviously he still might but we let him go now and I only remember him coming on against Arsenal but not even getting in the Carling cup reserves. What happend?

BTW He was another arrogant f3ck!

Why don't you think Welsh made it. Ian Dawes was a good freind of mine and he would enjoy sucking up to John for all he was worth around that time and I remember John was meant to play for England and be the next captain etc. Obviously he still might but we let him go now and I only remember him coming on against Arsenal but not even getting in the Carling cup reserves. What happend?

BTW He was another arrogant f3ck!

Started against Bolton last April.

Overshadowed by the Big Croatian with his only Anfield goal.