You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

4 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

He's quit with the 'only path to a just & lasting peace' bullshit at last. Perhaps he's on here taking notes. I can only imagine what Mr kinder and gentler would make of the behaviour of some of his supporters.

do you not think the monsters who are actually capable of making a difference, yet are advocating for the bloodshed to continue, are slightly more deserving of criticism?

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

do you not think the monsters who are actually capable of making a difference, yet are advocating for the bloodshed to continue, are slightly more deserving of criticism?

Of course they are, and they get plenty of it on here, including from me. If the obvious needs the stating, I think the world would be a better place if the Israeli government (who I condemned in this thread the moment it was formed last year) were out of power, and that Naftali Bennett cunt makes me puke every time I see him on the TV. I believe in a ceasefire and think the western leaders have got this wrong and will end up on the wrong side of history. But plenty of people already say this on here, and I'm really not interested in echo chambers.

I criticise Corbyn because he says things that are also worthy of criticism that don't get flagged on here, namely his repeated 'only path to peace...' stance that I've already discussed with you. Controversial view maybe, but if publicly school educated, privileged elderly white men in the west kept their 'we know what's best for you' noses out of the Middle East 70, 80, 100 years ago then they and we wouldn't be in this almighty fucking mess right now.

Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Of course they are, and they get plenty of it on here, including from me. If the obvious needs the stating, I think the world would be a better place if the Israeli government (who I condemned in this thread the moment it was formed last year) were out of power, and that Naftali Bennett cunt makes me puke every time I see him on the TV. I believe in a ceasefire and think the western leaders have got this wrong and will end up on the wrong side of history. But plenty of people already say this on here, and I'm really not interested in echo chambers.

I criticise Corbyn because he says things that are also worthy of criticism that don't get flagged on here, namely his repeated 'only path to peace...' stance that I've already discussed with you. Controversial view maybe, but if publicly school educated, privileged elderly white men in the west kept their 'we know what's best for you' noses out of the Middle East 70, 80, 100 years ago then they and we wouldn't be in this almighty fucking mess right now.

Just a thought.

but he has always taken that stance. You could argue that was one of his biggest failings, because up to 2 weeks ago, most people in this country probably give a flying fuck about what was happening in Gaza, whilst he was banging on about Israel was up to. 

I was arguing with some bell end the other day who genuinely thinks he is terrorist sympathizing anti semite and I think that’s where the "kick back" comes from.

Anyway, without it descending into another corbyn thread, you may argue about his proposed solutions,but I think he genuinely wants the killing to end, and  that more to be said for Sunak and the rest of them cunts. 

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

but he has always taken that stance. You could argue that was one of his biggest failings, because up to 2 weeks ago, most people in this country probably give a flying fuck about what was happening in Gaza, whilst he was banging on about Israel was up to. 

I was arguing with some bell end the other day who genuinely thinks he is terrorist sympathizing anti semite and I think that’s where the "kick back" comes from.

Anyway, without it descending into another corbyn thread, you may argue about his proposed solutions,but I think he genuinely wants the killing to end, and  that more to be said for Sunak and the rest of them cunts. 

And that is what I have been doing. There's no posts from me calling him a terrorist sympathiser, or condoning the Israeli response. I've just taken issue with that aspect of his 'solution' to the conflict, which I think is both unrealistic and ignores what the Palestinians themselves might accept for peace. I think he's misguided not malign. You would hardly believe I supported Corbyn as leader and still respect him now to listen to some of the responses from some of his followers on here whenever I have criticised him. No dissent allowed at all it seems.

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What do you mean, no dissent? You’re talking about Corbyn more than anyone else here. 

No I'm not, not by a long shot. I only respond to things that others, generally his supporters, put up, and in return I get them telling me to shut up, move on, calling me weird, or posting passive aggressive shite instead of actually, you know, engaging with the topic. 

• Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

And that is what I have been doing. There's no posts from me calling him a terrorist sympathiser, or condoning the Israeli response. I've just taken issue with that aspect of his 'solution' to the conflict, which I think is both unrealistic and ignores what the Palestinians themselves might accept for peace. I think he's misguided not malign. You would hardly believe I supported Corbyn as leader and still respect him now to listen to some of the responses from some of his followers on here whenever I have criticised him. No dissent allowed at all it seems.

I think it’s interesting that Warsi was also last night calling for Israel to withdraw.

I genuinely don’t know how you even begin to approach a compromise without addressing that fact.