You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fox hunting

DT

On 28/12/2021 at 11:51, Captain Howdy said:

In that he would be correct, though personally I would never use those feral rats to make any point. 

He's just invented some fictional caricatures of "lads from council estates" and you're using it to have a pop at real humans you dismiss as "feral rats".

You are one bad bellend. 

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

And it always will be as long as bellends get angrier about fictional "feral rats" than the entitled ruling classes.

I don’t get this. OK, fox hunting and other such toff shit is definitely worth getting angry about, but people aren’t allowed to be equally or more angry at antisocial behaviour that’s affecting them personally?

Come on.  

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I don’t get this. OK, fox hunting and other such toff shit is definitely worth getting angry about, but people aren’t allowed to be equally or more angry at antisocial behaviour that’s affecting them personally?

Come on.  

I agree, as bad as Fox hunting is its a far cry from cunts who participate in anti social behaviour, feral rats is the correct term, maybe a bit of culling of them is in order. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Come on.  

Of course they are - in real life.

Howdy brought his "feral rats" into it in response to a tweet about "council estate lads" who don't exist, but are a fictional creation as a rhetorical device. I just find it depressing how easily people fall in line with the "blame the [insert dehumanising insult for whichever group the ruling classes want you to despise]" narrative.

52 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Someone I know gets involved with hunt sabs. Looks a good craic, to be honest.

Nearly went myself once but fuck me those lads get up early for it. 

Mate of mine went on one against hare coursing in a vain effort to impress some bird. He got headbutted by a police horse and she wasn't into him at all. 

Saw a tweet where they found a fox that had been bagged which means they have already caught it, they keep it for days without food or water, Alice it’s foot so it leaves a scent then let it go so the hounds can track it and rip it to pieces. Outstanding example of human being behaviour 

45 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Of course they are - in real life.

Howdy brought his "feral rats" into it in response to a tweet about "council estate lads" who don't exist, but are a fictional creation as a rhetorical device. I just find it depressing how easily people fall in line with the "blame the [insert dehumanising insult for whichever group the ruling classes want you to despise]" narrative.

But he isn’t talking about all council estate lads as feral rats, just the ones who are acting the scally, as per the initial comparison.

Nobody is calling all toffs cunts because a section of them fox hunt either. I don’t think.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Saw a tweet where they found a fox that had been bagged which means they have already caught it, they keep it for days without food or water, Alice it’s foot so it leaves a scent then let it go so the hounds can track it and rip it to pieces. Outstanding example of human being behaviour 

Fucking hell. How can you do that purposefully and mindfully aware to another animal?

4 minutes ago, Belarus said:

Better off as in more in line with your opinion?

As in more in line with reality.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s a job for scum but no doubt some blag self-righteous gobshite will accuse us of not being that arsed because we eat meat. Oh hang on 

You're a hypocrite. Own it.

Just now, A Red said:

I don't agree with fox hunting but perhaps some of the people acting like twats aren't toffs rather people whose jobs are dependent upon it.

You can’t take away their wilful action because they’re being paid for it mate. They can get one of a thousand other jobs if they felt that strongly about it, which they should.

Putting an animal in a bag and harming it to coax out other animals to harm it is the start of a film about a serial killer. Bad weirdo behaviour. “Oh you get a tenner an hour for it? Fair enough mate - you crack on”

Just now, Belarus said:

You can’t take away their wilful action because they’re being paid for it mate. They can get one of a thousand other jobs if they felt that strongly about it, which they should.

Putting an animal in a bag and harming it to coax out other animals to harm it is the start of a film about a serial killer. Bad weirdo behaviour. “Oh you get a tenner an hour for it? Fair enough mate - you crack on”

I agree with you totally I'm just pointing out that they might not all be landed twats.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Do you not use to do lists though? Finish one thing before you move onto the next. 

In my opinion, fox hunting is cunt’s behaviour. Getting dressed up in ceremonious clobber and chasing a defenceless animal while nursing a little semi on is wilful cunt behaviour. So though is the cruelty bestowed on any animal in a food production environment though. Let’s set up a TLW Sabs group and do both - alternate the weekends.

17 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You're a hypocrite. Own it.

Hahahaha you calling someone a hypocrite is one of the most laughable things I’ve seen on this forum. Up there with “awight” , Jackie Scran and Simon trying to flog an African footy player to Brechin you utter fucking balloon 

I see foxes all day long from the front of my train, sadly it’s not always living ones, if you drive the same route for a week between say Liverpool and Yorkshire you’ll see a fresh dead one each day, the railways must be the biggest killer of them as railway lines are littered with them and just about every other type of wildlife and cats and dogs too sadly.

That’s not excusing fox hunting or anything I can’t stand it.