You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) - Sat 27th Apr 2024 (12: 30pm)

Trumo

Another fucking shit bag performance that. The first half was a fucking disgrace and honestly aside from robbo, the 2nd wasn't much better. These players are making me more disgusted with them by the game. Just a complete lack of seriousness about the job in hand. Some of the issues are quality, Elliot, quansah, gravenberch are all young, have room to improve, but they're not good enough. Gakpos is a massive shithouse. I lost count of the number of times he just got out the way or even made it hard for players to pass to him, he doesn't want the ball. Robbo put up some fight in the 2nd half. And I was thinking about Diaz, over recent weeks he's one who has probably come out best of this bad form. Basically because he's put himself about without quality. Yet when we were in form, he was really frustrating for doing pretty much the same thing and just running down blind alleys and slowing attacks. It shows the complete drop off in them all that he's doing the same and it takes him from ampoor performer to a good one. 

And as for that shit with Salah on the touchline. He can fuck off with that. If I was klopp I'd have sat him down and told him to fuck off and he wouldn't be needed for the rest of the season. The cunt didn't show that fight on the pitch on wednesday..maybe if he had, we wouldn't be in this fucking mess. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

What was the calling the physio shite on all about? 

Covering his arse because he knew he hadn’t given a free kick. 

Just watch those cunts at PGMOL try and weasel out of this by saying that bald Manc cunt was correct to stop the game because the keeper was ‘injured’. 

Webb will be in full on SYP cover up mode at present! 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Coverage showing a loop of Klopp and Salah going at it before the sub - this could not have ended worse for a great man.

They were watching Emerson's shot that Alisson saved at the time.  Klopp then said something snide to Salah, which can only have been "that's how you hit a shot Mo".

It can't have been anything else to illicit that response from Mo. 

It's not as if Elliott was defending well and he says to Mo " that's what I want you to do".

It really took some going to throw that game away against a completely disinterested team after going 2-1 up. The defence seems to concede under the slightest bit of pressure. They never got organized again after Alisson flapped at that cross. Every game recently we've had opposition players throwing themselves in the way of what look like certain goals for us and making great blocks. At the other end we're just leaving players completely unmarked in the box with no one even close enough to make the chances difficult. 

The second half was miles better, but again all you can do is ask why it always needs to wait until the second half - and usually going a goal down - for it to happen. If they'd started the game with that attitude then they'd have won comfortably. 

The finishing was generally terrible yet again. Just players either missing the target or hitting shots tamely straight at the keeper. Even the 2 goals we scored involved a shot the keeper should have saved and an own goal which deflected off about 3 of their players. There were plenty of opportunities to get a third goal to wrap it up after it went to 2-1. It was so predictable that if we didn't get it that we would end up paying the price as defensively we seem to be completely incapable of digging in and seeing a game out.

Elliot's shot hitting the bar at the end pretty much just sums up how things have been going for the last few weeks. When things are going well those go in.

Taylor was as shit as ever. Why is he blowing his whistle there before Gakpo puts it in? It clearly wasn't a freekick. The look of sheer relief on his face was genuinely comical in the first half when he realized it was offside when there was a penalty incident so blatant he couldn't possibly not give it. But it's clutching at straws blaming the ref today. Our players are far more to blame. They threw away 2 more points because they can't get the basics right at either end of the pitch and because they seem to be completely incapable of starting games properly. 

Hiring a decent psychologist might be more important than who they hire as the new manager. I can't imagine there will be wholesale squad changes. Like it or not, most of these players will be back next year, and someone has to try and get to the bottom of how the hell a team everyone was praising for their mentality has completely shit the bed game when it mattered most.

Not mad, just disappointed, least we took a point and otherwise got the inevitable disappointment out of the way early this weekend. Given the Salah/Klopp beef there im gonna assume it isn't all happy campers behind the scenes.

Nobody is talking about Arsenal shitting the bed last season. They went again. I fully expect these players (those on new contracts) to go again next season, with more experience of what it takes to compete in the Prem. Clearly now though, we need a new manager. These players are not playing for Klopp anymore.

This probably won’t be a popular opinion or feeling, but I felt a bit sorry for them. You could see how much gakpo’s ‘goal’ mattered from the celebration, I think they’re punch drunk from the last couple of weeks. 

• Upvote 3

If they don't want to play for Jurgen, then play for themselves and take pride in being incredibly paid athletes. Being honest, regardless of a manager, having pride and being professional is a given.

I would play the kids for the remaining games. I'm so annoyed with the senior pros. Get them ready for next season. Quansah and Bradley have been a great success. Buy a beast of a centre half and buy either Watkins or Kane (kane is unlikely so watkins). We do need to take a leaf out of Arsenal this season - they bought expensively in Rice but he's top class. Havertz has been a good signing as well.

Obviously, we don't know the full story re Mo/Jurgen, but my immediate feeling is Mo can fuck off.

• Upvote 1

Tough not to vent out at the players after seeing some of the downright stupid decisions after they went 2-1 up.

Instead of finishing them off, we started trying to calm the tempo down (like we did most of 1st half). West Ham were completely knackered, and we just invited them into it.

I HAVE to say something on Virgil. If he doesn't buck up his intensity and/or aggression, I'm fine with him not being given a new contract. He's so half-arsed in his blocking and positioning it just reeks of someone thinking he's too big for the fight.

Look at the 2nd goal. If you're taking up THAT position as a CB, you at least tell the other defender (Robbo) to go ALL OUT to win the ball. Neither Diaz, Endo or Robbo (he does this all the time, the looose pressing) cover themselves in glory, but what the hell are you really doing there Virgil.

Was also extremely lucky that Bowen's shot between his legs wasn't deflected past Allison earlier in the game.

AAAAARRRGGHHHHH

Better performance than at the pit, but that's not saying much. We played with no tempo in the first half and lacked width down the right. Trent wanted to play central all the time where things were more congested, and Harvey has to come back onto his left too much. In the second, we started much much better and deservedly got an equaliser. Then we got the bounce of the ball to take the lead, and should have done much better with the subsequent chances we created. That we didn't is down to the team we are at present - war too wasteful in attack, and far too prone to getting punished for any sloppiness at the back.

Mo's little fracas was totally unnecessary, whatever the reasoning or issues behind it. If that's going to become the norm when he doesn't start matches, and if the poor play we subsequently got is going to become the norm (the one good thing he did ended up resulting in a hospital pass that Darwin thankfully retrieved, and which could yet have resulted in a goal for Harvey), then honestly I would rather he did that shit in the club colours of some Saudi league outfit. If he wants to play in the Olympics would be of no concern to us then.

I have to talk about the refereeing again. Taylor had actually reffed this one OK for the most part. The penalty that wasn't given due to offside was the correct call, and the fact he waited a little before initially giving it then declining it must be due to being in conversation about a potential offside in the build-up. Lucho was just offside so I have no beef with that.

I did say he'd reffed OK for the most part. Unfortunately, he and VAR did nothing about Paqueta's late challenge on Macca. When you consider how harshly Curtis was dealt with at Spurs for far far less, of course this sort of thing sticks in the craw. The commentators even said that VAR had taken a look and OK'd it. PGMOL's lack of consistency coupled, rampant arse-covering, doubling down when they must know they've fucked up, and hitting back at any sort of criticism is why they continue to fail, and why people hate VAR so much. They focus on getting fussy things like marginal offsides 'right', and hide behind clear and obvious for stuff that should be looked at properly to arrive at the correct decision.

Even more annoying were the 2 incidents late on. The first was when the officials gave a goal kick instead of a corner when a defender had clearly made an interception before the ball reached Darwin in the centre of the six yard box. Did they think Darwin had fluffed his lines yet again? And then when Areola caught the ball under the his own crossbar and partially collided with the post, it was still play on so if/when he releases the ball, our players are within their rights to contest for it. Something which Cody did and rightfully pointed out. Taylor decided Areola needed treatment even though no-one from West Ham (not even the keeper himself) had said anything.

The attitude on this bunch is off the scale.

Also our summer window and January were shit and we failed to bring in the required talent of a solid centre half and a defensive midfielder and as per usual we suffer for it.

Quansah is ok but shouldn’t be playing in a title challenging squad and the midfield has been ran though over and over.

This club is fucking cheap, disorganised and in no way professional on or off the field. We don’t deserve anything.

This team has just given up this past 5 weeks. They can all piss off as far as I'm concerned. Never been so disappointed in an end of season that this. Expected so much but delivering utter shithouse performances that at any other big club would result in these fuckers being bombed out. 

Feel for Klopp as he has been utterly let down by these bunch of gobshites. 

Remember when we were saying win all our games and we win the league? What utter deluded  drivel. 

Hopefully Slot os watching this knowing who needs to be bombed out. 

4868f3f8-b7a3-4578-bd79-c352ca615613_tex

• Upvote 1

I've nothing to say about performance or result. I haven't got the energy. 

But that Taylor fuck-up was quite hilarious. Total and utter incompetence. And a pitiful attempt to pretend that he knew what he was doing all along. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I've nothing to say about performance or result. I haven't got the energy. 

But that Taylor fuck-up was quite hilarious. Total and utter incompetence. And a pitiful attempt to pretend that he knew what he was doing all along. 

I don’t believe that was incompetence for a second, that was flat out, unashamed cheating. 

• Upvote 1

West Ham 0-6 Arsenal

Arsenal:

Possession 71%

Shots 25

Corners 6

Passes 692

Attacks 133

Dangerous Attacks 70

West Ham 2-2 Liverpool

Liverpool:

Possession 71%

Shots 28

Corners 8

Passes 669

Attacks 142

Dangerous Attacks 82

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I don’t believe that was incompetence for a second, that was flat out, unashamed cheating. 

Mine is the most charitable interpretation possible. And he still emerges looking like a fucking cunt. 

• Upvote 1

It's absolutely abysmal at best and bent at worst officiating and surprise surprise more is not being made of it

We had to put up with a shitstorm and a week worth of discussion when we were wrongly awarded a drop ball about 2 minutes before we scored against Nottingham Forest... But Taylor preventing a certain goal to tend to a fictitious injury that the West Ham keeper wasn't even complaining about will just get swept under the carpet.

It is fucking beyond laughable.

• Upvote 7