You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheffield United (H) - Thu 4th Apr 2024 (7:30pm)

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when Konate got fouled like that and still can't seeing a clip of it now. Not even a yellow or a VAR check makes it even crazier. Looks like he's lucky to avoid being injured there. Good to see Gakpo get a goal too and it should take some pressure off him but if he's still going to be brought on so late in games he might continue to have issues. I thought it was a bit weird when Mo got subbed off when he did but maybe Klopp thought that if we can't get a goal without him against this lot what's the point anyway. At least it assured he was ok for our next game which could've been the main reason.

7 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I thought it was a bit weird when Mo got subbed off when he did but maybe Klopp thought that if we can't get a goal without him against this lot what's the point anyway. 

Mo deserved it. Yes, his assists have been good, but as a striker he's been incredibly wasteful in recent games, and needs to step it up for the final few fixtures. His usual tetchy reaction to being subbed wasn't welcome. Weak shots straight at the keeper, wild shots over the bar, the inevitable breakdown of moves when he finds himself with the ball on his right foot - if he thinks that adds up to 'undroppable' performances he's deluded. 

• Upvote 1

Thank FUCK!!!!!!

I wish people would stop banging on about this goal difference now. As I said to one of the loaders at work today who is a ST at Arsenal when he was laughing about GD with us and the performance last night. 

GD DOESNT FUCKING MATTER WHEN WE WIN ALL OUR GAMES- Just focus on winning. Period. End topic. 

I have no problem with players like Mo being visibly frustrated at being subbed. It was most probably a mixture of "Fuck I wasnt at my best today"; with "come on boss I will score here" not just pissed at being subbed because he's undroppable. 

Seeing his reaction to us going 2-1 up was enough to know he didnt care about being on the pitch any more. 

So onto Sunday we go. Do not play the occasion. Play them as being second/third in league (I presume by the time we play sunday) against 6th who have won 1 game in 5. Thats how we need to play sunday. Let Utd play the occasion. Let them fly into tackles; let them berate the ref; let them pick up cards. 

But more importantly; Just win Reds!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Thank FUCK!!!!!!

I wish people would stop banging on about this goal difference now. As I said to one of the loaders at work today who is a ST at Arsenal when he was laughing about GD with us and the performance last night. 

GD DOESNT FUCKING MATTER WHEN WE WIN ALL OUR GAMES- Just focus on winning. Period. End topic. 

I have no problem with players like Mo being visibly frustrated at being subbed. It was most probably a mixture of "Fuck I wasnt at my best today"; with "come on boss I will score here" not just pissed at being subbed because he's undroppable. 

Seeing his reaction to us going 2-1 up was enough to know he didnt care about being on the pitch any more. 

So onto Sunday we go. Do not play the occasion. Play them as being second/third in league (I presume by the time we play sunday) against 6th who have won 1 game in 5. Thats how we need to play sunday. Let Utd play the occasion. Let them fly into tackles; let them berate the ref; let them pick up cards. 

Yeah, but what about goal difference?

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

I think if that we had started the game better and we could put a massive dent into Arsenal’s goal difference advantage as it stands that could be a massive factor come the end of the season. We where much too slow in everything we did in the first half. 

2 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Thank FUCK!!!!!!

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Big post.

Guilty of this, myself, but, in the heat of the moment, the excitement and disbelief of that McAllister goal, nobody thought to call it by its proper name... a thunderbastard!

What's this place coming to?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

I think if that we had started the game better and we could put a massive dent into Arsenal’s goal difference advantage as it stands that could be a massive factor come the end of the season. We where much too slow in everything we did in the first half. 

We are always the same against sides who let you have the ball and don't really press or challenge to get it back. They had no interest in winning the ball back, because they'd lose their shape. We always drop the pace of our passing, our pressing intensity drops because we're too comfortable in possession and we're poor to 2nd balls. The mancs will likely dig in on Sunday, but they'll at least try and win the ball back rather than wait for us to give it them and hopefully we'll play at a better intensity. 

21 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Little village called Plaza. Very nice but tiny roads, scraped the hire car on a rock. 

Been three times and stayed in a lovely little place called Sissi.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Mo deserved it. Yes, his assists have been good, but as a striker he's been incredibly wasteful in recent games, and needs to step it up for the final few fixtures. His usual tetchy reaction to being subbed wasn't welcome. Weak shots straight at the keeper, wild shots over the bar, the inevitable breakdown of moves when he finds himself with the ball on his right foot - if he thinks that adds up to 'undroppable' performances he's deluded. 

Yeah he was off with his chances and maybe he thought that he'd have got into the game more towards the end and that wound him up, him being fit for sunday obviously turned out to be the main thing though. It could be that when Klopp wants him off so he's ok for the next game it's winding him up too. It's not like we can afford to lose him though at this stage.

1 hour ago, Le Duan said:

Been three times and stayed in a lovely little place called Sissi.

Only been the once to Crete and went to Sissi about 7 or 8 years ago.

Lovely, peaceful little place, do the church bells still wake everybody up ?

I maintain that the Nunez goal is a thing to be celebrated. I love strikers who close down keepers - I hate it that it seems a dying art. Keepers get way too much time and space these days, so you may as well say they're 'gifting' chances every time they do what they do - the point is, they're hardly ever challenged. When they ARE challenged, it's the striker's initiative, not a 'gift'. If they were challenged more often in such situations, then they'll be more circumspect, but don't detract from the striker when they have the balls to go in there and challenge them - and Nunez was shoulder high in his leap. It was a well-earned goal, not a gift.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3