You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you still watch ‘real’ TV?

Numero Veinticinco

How Often TV do you watch now?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How much TV so you watch now

• Often (most evenings, soaps etc)
    • Rarely (sporting events, global events, etc)
    • Never (as in totally never)
    • Occasionally (once a week or so)

If we're talking the traditional 4(5?) Channels then I was going to say never but I have recently watched football.

The missus might watch some stuff in early evening, recently she had Happy Valley but once she's done and I have the TV I'm watching mostly Amazon/Paramount+, Netflix (although that's becoming rare these days) or YouTube.

I’m the same as Stig too. The Chase and sporting events are the only thing I’ll regularly watch live. I might put The Chase on +1 if we’re eating later. 

As far as Saturday nights go, I’ve got a nine year old and we watch Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway. Always have to watch Children in Need and Comic Relief and now Eurovision too. The kid watches Dancing on Ice when it’s on but she watches that with Mrs Turdseye, I’m having no part of it. 

Everything else is streamed via Netflix, Prime, Kodi and my IPTV. 

9 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I think the poll is terrestrial tv, most of the shows mentioned on GF tend to be on other platforms.

I'd struggle to answer that. I tend to record stuff from wherever and watch it when it's convenient. I probably watch more terrestrial and Sky than the other platforms, and even some of the stuff I watch on other platforms was originally available on "real" telly.

Can't be arsed watching stuff live, though. Ad breaks? Fuck off!

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'd struggle to answer that. I tend to record stuff from wherever and watch it when it's convenient. I probably watch more terrestrial and Sky than the other platforms, and even some of the stuff I watch on other platforms was originally available on "real" telly.

Can't be arsed watching stuff live, though. Ad breaks? Fuck off!

Yeah anything with ads I just cannot watch. More 4 or whatever it is called would be great but it is unwatchable. Not just the number of ads but the same ones over and over it's like the end of Clockwork Orange.

26 minutes ago, deiseach said:

If I 'sit down to watch the telly', it'll be straight to YouTube. When I watch it with my wife, we plan a series of something from iPlayer or Netflix. My in-laws will watch BBC 1 until after The One Show, then Corrie, then anything on ITV or Channel 5.

Yeah, YouTube on the telly was a bizarre thing when I first started to watch it on the big tv. Now it’s pretty often that I’ll watch one of Linus Tech Tips new videos or something. Just sitting watching the weekly soaps fills me with dread. 

There has been lots of excellent  stuff on the 5 channels of late, but like most I watch them on the catch-up apps for convenience.

Occasionally happen on stuff when flicking around the channels, like last night getting into watching History of Britain with Simon Schama, followed by Bangers and Cash.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, sir roger said:

There has been lots of excellent  stuff on the 5 channels of late, but like most I watch them on the catch-up apps for convenience.

Occasionally happen on stuff when flicking around the channels, like last night getting into watching History of Britain with Simon Schama, followed by Bangers and Cash.

Bangers and Cash is something I never miss.

I love old cars and we used to have a caravan a couple of miles from Thornton le Dale so often mooched around Mathewsons.

• Upvote 1