You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Deathpool 2023

The Woolster

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

I watched first couple of seasons again recently and it still holds up extremely well. It's an absolute classic sometime until S5 (if you can live with the chicken and the duck idiocy). People tend to dismiss it because it went on for 12 or so seasons, many of which were past its sell by date, and remained mega popular.  It's superbly cast and early episodes are written excellently.

Twas 10 series.

At its best it was as good as anything. However, of the 236 only a dozen or so can be classified as such.

There is an awful lot of other excellent stuff but as with most US sitcoms it went on too long and became stale

I'd happily watch Rachel Green (circa 1995) read from a telephone directory for a few hours.

Friends was fine, I can understand why people don't like it but it I always thought it was quite funny. The 90s was the best decade ever for birds on the telly as well, between Friends, Baywatch, Eurotrash & whatever else was on. I'm amazed my cock survived.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'd happily watch Rachel Green (circa 1995) read from a telephone directory for a few hours.

Friends was fine, I can understand why people don't like it but it I always thought it was quite funny. The 90s was the best decade ever for birds on the telly as well, between Friends, Baywatch, Eurotrash & whatever else was on. I'm amazed my cock survived.

0_Diane-Youdale.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

0_Diane-Youdale.jpg

We've had this debate on here before but Jet had a seriously ugly mug.

Mentioning her in the same breath as Jennifer Aniston or Yasmine Bleeth is like comparing one of my kid's drawings with a Rene Magritte painting.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

We've had this debate on here before but Jet had a seriously ugly mug.

Mentioning her in the same breath as Jennifer Aniston or Yasmine Bleeth is like comparing one of my kid's drawings with a Rene Magritte painting.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952g9vyujktcrx5gvcfod

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

I watched first couple of seasons again recently and it still holds up extremely well. It's an absolute classic sometime until S5 (if you can live with the chicken and the duck idiocy). People tend to dismiss it because it went on for 12 or so seasons, many of which were past its sell by date, and remained mega popular.  It's superbly cast and early episodes are written excellently.

1st 2 series were brilliant

On 01/11/2023 at 09:11, littletedwest said:

Friends was decent enough people talk about it as if it was Mrs Brown's boys at times

That sounds like a bad way but I've always heard Friends talked up but I never liked it and the constant repeats made it annoying as fuck. Perry and the lad who played Joey were funny at times but I found the humour often a bit too much of the US style of humour and the studio audience or canned laughter made it ten times worse. 

Friends had its moments. One of them easy to have on in the background programmes (because it's always fucking on) but it's light years behind the likes of Frasier and Seinfeld. Chandler was definitely the funniest. Monica for a couple of years pissed on Rachel as well (ooer)

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Friends had its moments. One of them easy to have on in the background programmes (because it's always fucking on) but it's light years behind the likes of Frasier and Seinfeld. Chandler was definitely the funniest. Monica for a couple of years pissed on Rachel as well (ooer)

Agree on the Monica over Rachel point, not so much these days though, let me be clear on that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, manwiththestick said:

Agree on the Monica over Rachel point, not so much these days though, let me be clear on that.

They've both completely wrecked their faces with plastic surgery or whatever now.

The mid 90s was the peak for both of them, they started to get too skinny after that and then all the plastic.

• 2 weeks later...