You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup Sweepstake

Captain Turdseye

On 20/11/2022 at 17:43, Captain Turdseye said:

I might be able to claw back my tenner from the boy. We did a little draft thing, three teams each.

He’s got Brazil, England and Spain. 
I’ve got, Argentina, Germany and France

The only solace I can take is that I could get my tenner back, directly out of my boy’s pocket. All of his are gone and I still have the French and the Argies. I should have pushed harder before the tournament to make him bet more money. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The only solace I can take is that I could get my tenner back, directly out of my boy’s pocket. All of his are gone and I still have the French and the Argies. I should have pushed harder before the tournament to make him bet more money. 

Good man. Was playing Fortnite once with my nephew, and when he died he got all pissy and bet me £10 I wouldn't win, as it was just me vs a team of two, and I can't aim for shit.

Two minutes later I'd Rambo'd both the fuckers in a suicidal charge. I throw it in my nephew's face at every opportunity. Never let them forget.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Good man. Was playing Fortnite once with my nephew, and when he died he got all pissy and bet me £10 I wouldn't win, as it was just me vs a team of two, and I can't aim for shit.

Two minutes later I'd Rambo'd both the fuckers in a suicidal charge. I throw it in my nephew's face at every opportunity. Never let them forget.

My nine year old was about 10-15 yards in front of me in Tesco last week, poised to start running and bet me she’d beat me to the door. I asked how much, she said £10, I said nah, I’m not interested, so she said £50, at which point I fucking sprinted out of there leaving her for dust. 

Wound her up all the way home in the car, telling her I was taking the money out of her account and that she shouldn’t make bets she isn’t prepared to honour.

It’s hard work having me as a dad sometimes. 

• Haha 1

Apologies for not being there last night to present Scott with his winnings (currently out of town for a few days)

Congratulations Scott

Commiserations to Razoray who played a hard fought game.

Let me know how to get your prize to you, Scott

After a brief interlude while I was on a pre Christmas R&R I’m now back home and fulfilling my banking duties.

First prize of £100 minus £10 paid forward to the TLW 2022 Charity Collection goes to Scott

Second prize of £60 goes to Razoray

And now to work out how to get the Collection to the PaperCup Project

• Upvote 4