You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Arsenal to win the league?

Kevin D

Part of me wants Arsenal to win it tbh, they're a well coached team that play good football. The bigger part of me though wants them to suffer at the hands of the cheats like we have and see how they like it. I doubt they'll last the course anyway so it won't matter.

Just now, KMD7 said:

Part of me wants Arsenal to win it tbh, they're a well coached team that play good football. The bigger part of me though wants them to suffer at the hands of the cheats like we have and see how they like it. I doubt they'll last the course anyway so it won't matter.

They're a bunch of cunts who have had no injury issues, and no CL to distract them. They'll finish at least 20 points behind top place.

• Upvote 1

Us, Arsenal, United you can add Everton, Spurs, Leeds and a few others to that list for thier history as big clubs etc. Man City have always been shite and in our lifetime will always be the team that played cheat mode on championship manager. Them winning anything means absolutely fuck all to any real football fan. 

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Us, Arsenal, United you can add Everton, Spurs, Leeds and a few others to that list for thier history as big clubs etc. Man City have always been shite and in our lifetime will always be the team that played cheat mode on championship manager. Them winning anything means absolutely fuck all to any real football fan. 

But we hate all of them as well, don't we?

No, I wouldn't want Arsenal to win it. Since the Wenger era, their fans have suffered from delusions of grandeur. At least Utd and Chelsea fans have a couple European cups to boast of in addition to numerous domestic trophies over the past couple decades.

Paraphrasing the famous words of our Usher, Arsenal fans just love smelling themselves too much.

11 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be fair,we lost most of our games back then after sewing the league up weeks before.

Not 76/77. We actually only lost 1 of the last 12 games - in the final league game.

We did crawl over the line though. We drew 3 and lost 1 of the last 4 league games.

When we drew with West Ham and City only drew with The Ev on 2nd last day, the Saturday before the cup final, the title was won. We then "rested" 3 (2 days later, 5 days before the FA Cup final) and lost to Bristol City on the final day which kept them up and relegated Sunderland. 

Oh, and Fuck Man City. 

Arsenal have lucked out in a massive way. Its by pure luck they ended up with a young squad at exactly the time a young squad is needed. They have the energy in the legs that their rivals simply don't have. Like our 2014 season momentum has taken over and fans and players are aligned in a manner you don't often see. In saying all that they won't finish within 15 points of City so the question is irrelevant. I still think we will pass them, probably on the last day.

Fuck them. They all thought it was hilarious when man city were finishing above us. 

The only choice is between pushing man city to the end so they need to keep up the work rate and are distracted from the champions league and get knocked out. 

Or

Man city having it wrapped up early, so they take their foot off the gas too much and then can't suddenly find the intensity in the champions league and they get knocked out. 

No, have a few mates that are Arsenal fans and they have always fed me the line that they don't want Liverpool to win the league/champs league as Liverpool fans will be 'insufferable' meanwhile they were the first to outwardly celebrate Liverpool losing the CL this year and are all over the shop with the big dicking now they've had a sniff of relevancy in the league for the first time in a decade.

Basically fuck them, as above no one gives a shit if City win the league again, it's a nothing achievement.

• Upvote 1

I've come to loathe City fans in recent years, but that aside, I'd much rather see them win another title than any of our real, historical, rivals. In fact, I'd probably rather they won the title every year over any club, even a plucky upstart like Leicester, if only to royally embarrass the FA, the PL, and the assorted punditry that would have us believe that we're competing on anything like a level playing field.

City did fuck all throughout most of their history, now they've won, what, half a dozen or so titles in the past decade, yet we're supposed to believe it's because they play the best football under a great manager - and just leave it there. If anything, we (Liverpool) have done a lot to delay the inevitable conclusion because we've been so good under Klopp. Us competing has allowed the cunts to argue that we're proof the game's not rigged. 

All that said, I also loathe Arsenal fans too, which would make another shallow City victory at their expense even sweeter.

I get annoyed when other fans say they'd rather city win it over Liverpool  I can understand Everton and weirdly United fans saying it and vice versa but anybody else if youre a fan of football the team that's done it without cheating is a win for the sport. I'd rather Arsenal won it because they haven't bought it and cheated other sides. I won't like them winning it, I'd be annoyed especially if it's a low 80s point total but city winning is just apathy what's the point. I'd be a hypocrite saying city no matter how I tried to justify it to myself. Thing is I'm often a hypocrite but not on this. 

Right now, I don’t believe Arsenal have a realistic chance of winning the league. I think they’ve ridden their luck a lot to be where they are right now, and that will inevitably end.

I also think their squad depth is awful, and a few injuries will really hurt them. They might get lucky and not pick up too many at one time, but that feels fairly unlikely given the congestion challenges this season more than any other, so I expect it to happen at some point.

If, however, they are still competing at the end of the season, I can’t imagine I’ll be rooting against them. I don’t dislike them particularly, although their fans are whoppers, I don’t know many, so I think I’d end up rooting for them over City.

While I get the argument made by some that none of City’s success really counts, and I personally don’t credit them because it’s on the back of financial doping, the reality is that it does count, the record books do show it, and it isn’t ever going to be reversed - like it or not.

So a season where they win nothing would be welcome.