You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) Premier League - 29/10/22 - KO 19:45

Bjornebye

Fucking hell. The clocks go back an hour tonight. We look like we've gone even further and time-warped back to those end-of-the-road days for so many of our previous managers, where a title run and a second place finish are followed up with some absolute dogshit. Think 2002/03, 2009/10 or 2014/15.

A first home defeat in front of a crowd for the first time in ages, and Virg's first ever league defeat at Anfield.

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Cant be doing with this nouveau outrage about what fans sing about us tbh, who gives a fuck? It was ever thus. 

Same after every game now, bleating about fucking songs. Does my head in.

If you don't like nasty songs, go & watch rugby.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Can't just blame the owners for this. We  have the players to beat this shite and we were a fucking joke. Blame the owners for not competing for the league but not being capable to beat  a Leeds on its arse! Fucking disgraceful. I'm fuming with this clueless shit.

I'm sorry that's rubbish imo.  Every time we're not very good this argument gets trotted out, like every match can be looked at in isolation.  It's gone on for years pre and during Klopp "that team is good enough to beat [insert name]" when obviously it wasn't on the day. But it's not only about the day, it's about training in the days since the last match, it's about player fitness from previous matches and ability to train at the right tempo or not, it's about the quality and availability within the squad over the season.  And that quality and availability is not there for us at the moment.

To be fair it's an argument that's probably made by sections of every fan base in football but if it was that simple the better team would win nearly every match but that doesn't happen.  It's not that black and white.

• Upvote 1

My word, where to start?

Why do we water the pitch when it's been wet all day and are then surprised when players slip on their arses with their fancy bladed boots? Even after that, we watered the whole pitch for over 2 minutes at half time!

The silence coming out of Anfield was defeaning. What are the implications of what we witnessed? I hate to equate it but this looks like the happenings of Jurgen's decline at Dortmund. There's even a 4 week break mid season, just like the Bundesliga.

Jurgen deserves time to turn this around but, we no longer look a team with a destination never mind a plan of how to play. We look a collection of Mo and 10 others, excluding the subs.

There's no press. There's no calmness and there's no guile in this team. Everywhere you look, you have Alli, Trent, Virgil, Joe, Fabinho all taking wild swipes at the ball. If you were pitch level, you could probably see the fear in their eyes when they have to defend.

Im sure people will put the blame on Joe for the first goal. But there's nothing wrong with that pass. It's not hit too hard, it's not wayward. Alli just slips on his arse. Virgil is slow to react and leeds have an empty net to roll the ball into.

It could all have been so different a few minutes earlier. Leeds got in a mess with their own backpass. Their keeper looked to have slipped on his arse and we had an outside chance to score but didnt.

It was a sickner to conceed when we did because I thought we set off brightly and it was virtually all one way traffic. Our goal came after a bit of pressure with Mo squeezing the ball home from virtually on the line. Fuck knows why there was a VAR review.

Weirdly, the goal seemed to kill us and nothing went right from that points. Joe played some great passes all game and if Virgil had been doing that, people would have been in raptures about it. Actually he did try it once in the 2nd half and the ball went straight to an oppo.

We had some real good chances to score with Mo and Darwin but fuck me, they both wasted glorious chances. We made the leeds keeper look capable and he's normally shite. Why does Darwin hit the ball straight at a prone keeper? The goal is 8 foot high yet he's hitting it almost along the ground. Mind, Mo when in a similar position was blasting the ball so high it was coming down with snow on it.

There was a lot of misplaced passes all game and worse, players turning back towards our goal when in posession. Bobby, Thiago, Harvey, all needed to push forward but at times didnt.

As the 2nd half wore on, I was starting to get the feeling we werent going to score another. We looked utterly disjointed. It's heartbreaking because all that we were seems to have evaporated into the night.

I have to say I wasnt surprised when leeds scored the winner. While not seeming to be hanging on again like against west ham, it just wasnt clicking.

I dont like criticising players but Curtis was woeful when he came on. Fabinho stank the gaff out all night although didmake one thumping block on a leeds player. Why isnt he doing that all game?

Robbo ran his guts out and put some good crosses in. The subs made no difference to the team, style of play or tactics. I dont know where we go from here. Jurgen must do though.

How do we go from beating the Champions of England and Holland only to be beaten by 2 of the worst teams in the PL?

This is grim, really, really grim.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im sure people will put the blame on Joe for the first goal. But there's nothing wrong with that pass. It's not hit too hard, it's not wayward. Alli just slips on his arse. Virgil is slow to react and leeds have an empty net to roll the ball into.

You've clearly been on the 'poss' too long. He did the hard work, just get rid and re-group. How he couldn't have known that they would have a pressing runner is ridiculous. And if he didn't then that's probably even worse. 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You've clearly been on the 'poss' too long. He did the hard work, just get rid and re-group. How he couldn't have known that they would have a pressing runner is ridiculous. And if he didn't then that's probably even worse. 

Nah mate. That's just pinning the blame on Joe, just like everyone blamed Trent for all the goals down the right hand side.

Did you not see the effects of 'just get rid' of the ball in this game? The players shit their pants everytime it came near them. The goal was a set back but it's just an ordinary pass on a wet pitch and another player slips.

As Jurgen said "It is an own goal, it's nothing to do with the situation, he passed the ball and the goalie slipped,'

3 hours ago, No2 said:

Struggling to decide who was our worst player today, Elliott was shocking, Fab and Thiago were worse, Hendos cameo was worse still. Leeds were better than us, how has that happened?

Gomez and Fab were the worse by far mate 

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Cant be doing with this nouveau outrage about what fans sing about us tbh, who gives a fuck? It was ever thus. It would serve us better to work out how to stop being a dogshit football team.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Same after every game now, bleating about fucking songs. Does my head in.

If you don't like nasty songs, go & watch rugby.

1 hour ago, Saintslfc13 said:

It's a product of the times we live in. Outrage culture.

Yeah, right. Gloating over Hillsborough is just banter. I'll have to stop being such a snowflake.

54 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

My word, where to start?

Why do we water the pitch when it's been wet all day and are then surprised when players slip on their arses with their fancy bladed boots? Even after that, we watered the whole pitch for over 2 minutes at half time!

The silence coming out of Anfield was defeaning. What are the implications of what we witnessed? I hate to equate it but this looks like the happenings of Jurgen's decline at Dortmund. There's even a 4 week break mid season, just like the Bundesliga.

Jurgen deserves time to turn this around but, we no longer look a team with a destination never mind a plan of how to play. We look a collection of Mo and 10 others, excluding the subs.

There's no press. There's no calmness and there's no guile in this team. Everywhere you look, you have Alli, Trent, Virgil, Joe, Fabinho all taking wild swipes at the ball. If you were pitch level, you could probably see the fear in their eyes when they have to defend.

It could all have been so different a few minutes earlier. Leeds got in a mess with their own backpass. Their keeper looked to have slipped on his arse and we had an outside chance to score but didnt.

It was a sickner to conceed when we did because I thought we set off brightly and it was virtually all one way traffic. Our goal came after a bit of pressure with Mo squeezing the ball home from virtually on the line. Fuck knows why there was a VAR review.

Weirdly, the goal seemed to kill us and nothing went right from that points. Joe played some great passes all game and if Virgil had been doing that, people would have been in raptures about it. Actually he did try it once in the 2nd half and the ball went straight to an oppo.

We had some real good chances to score with Mo and Darwin but fuck me, they both wasted glorious chances. We made the leeds keeper look capable and he's normally shite. Why does Darwin hit the ball straight at a prone keeper? The goal is 8 foot high yet he's hitting it almost along the ground. Mind, Mo when in a similar position was blasting the ball so high it was coming down with snow on it.

There was a lot of misplaced passes all game and worse, players turning back towards our goal when in posession. Bobby, Thiago, Harvey, all needed to push forward but at times didnt.

As the 2nd half wore on, I was starting to get the feeling we werent going to score another. We looked utterly disjointed. It's heartbreaking because all that we were seems to have evaporated into the night.

I have to say I wasnt surprised when leeds scored the winner. While not seeming to be hanging on again like against west ham, it just wasnt clicking.

I dont like criticising players but Curtis was woeful when he came on. Fabinho stank the gaff out all night although didmake one thumping block on a leeds player. Why isnt he doing that all game?

Robbo ran his guts out and put some good crosses in. The subs made no difference to the team, style of play or tactics. I dont know where we go from here. Jurgen must do though.

How do we go from beating the Champions of England and Holland only to be beaten by 2 of the worst teams in the PL?

This is grim, really, really grim.

I agree with most but Joe’ pass was terrible, he did not even look at the keeper. Awful. 

Nunez is really weak, technically and tactically.  He doesn’t understand Klopp’ football. I’m soir but the lad is stupid, footbally speaking ….

4 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

I agree with most but Joe’ pass was terrible, he did not even look at the keeper. Awful. 

Nunez is really weak, technically and tactically.  He doesn’t understand Klopp’ football. I’m soir but the lad is stupid, footbally speaking ….

Agree about the Gomez goal but Nunez... what? he's starved of the service he needs and he's been shifted out wide. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Ali accepted full responsibility in the post match interview, because of the slip.

“If I hadn’t have slipped, I’d have retrieved the ball’ or words to that effect.