You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) Premier League - 29/10/22 - KO 19:45

Bjornebye

Last night is just another nightmare I cant wait to shake off.

Robbo cant be or do what he did anymore because there is nobody ahead willing to be the outlet.

Fabinho just isnt Fab

And I know i'll be slated, but Salah has turned into a bit of a lazy cnut.

He does a bit and if it doesnt work out he just stands and smiles, he is scared of tackling or going for a header, and goes for goal when much better placed players are waiting. Great when he does score, but we passed up loads because of his greed on the ball.

Since his massive pay rise, his abilities and work ethic have sunk.

TAA fuck knows, I think he is trying too hard to be the midfield/winger and has forgotten that hes a defender, so many times, and not just last night, he is in no mans land when the opposition are attacking. (generally speaking) before some knob says he blocked this and that etc etc

Gomez is ok, but thats it.

Basically our team is getting older, and the youth being brought in, isnt at the level to replace them.

Ive never been a striker but I know the goal is 8 foot tall. Yet many players even strikers when 1 on 1 with the keeper always seem happiest hitting the ball low and hard along the ground.

Sadio did it against chelsea when mendy made one save got up off the ground and saved Sadio's knee high shot when he had at least another 6 foot space to put the ball in the net.

Last night Darwin did the same on at least 2 occasions. It's frustrating especially when the keeper has committed himself to getting down low, like the leeds keeper did, that he then just hit the ball hard and low in the direction of goal. Just jink it over the keeper FFS.

• Upvote 1

7th season syndrome. As ridicoulos as it sounds. Happened at Mainz and Dortmund and have caught up with us aswell now. The one thing it all have in common is old squads and injuries. Klopps last season with Dortmund was injury madness. I think Klopps biggest flaw is his loyalty to players. We know he is ruthless when not following team rules, but lacks it when it comes to players clearly not having the agility. We have players in the squad that should have been booted long ago. 

Klopp can stay forever in my opinion, but that squad is a real long term project. How the fuck can it even be done when we are the poorest team in the league apparently. Arsenal spending like there is no tomorrow well everyone basically. And we keep signing injury prone players over and over again. We used to outrun everyone now we have the most static midfield in the league I guess. Outrun and outfought it`s quite embarrasing when taking to a couple of Arsenal mates of mine. That squad is filled with exiting talents and below even more have huge quality. We have a couple ourselves, but they can`t fucking be expected to carry our team. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Ive never been a striker but I know the goal is 8 foot tall. Yet many players even strikers when 1 on 1 with the keeper always seem happiest hitting the ball low and hard along the ground.

Sadio did it against chelsea when mendy made one save got up off the ground and saved Sadio's knee high shot when he had at least another 6 foot space to put the ball in the net.

Last night Darwin did the same on at least 2 occasions. It's frustrating especially when the keeper has committed himself to getting down low, like the leeds keeper did, that he then just hit the ball hard and low in the direction of goal. Just jink it over the keeper FFS.

Dinking it is harder than it looks. It’s a battle of nerves between the keeper and the attacking player. And I’m pretty sure players get coached to keep the ball low as it’s harder and takes longer for the keeper to get down than to spring up.

12 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Dinking it is harder than it looks. It’s a battle of nerves between the keeper and the attacking player. And I’m pretty sure players get coached to keep the ball low as it’s harder and takes longer for the keeper to get down than to spring up.

He tried a dink over the City keeper and nearly missed the ball / easier said than done as you said. 

40 minutes ago, dylstar said:

He tried a dink over the City keeper and nearly missed the ball / easier said than done as you said. 

I’m a Darwin fan but he has to do better on those two 1 v 1s. Those plus that stupid Salah dink into the kop are enough to win the game, albeit by putting a sticking plaster on our woeful  ( at times) performance.

On 30/10/2022 at 15:07, Reckoner said:

Especially now that keepers are like 8ft tall on average! Having to get down low quickly is most difficult for most very tall keepers. Alisson is superb in this respect and goes against the norm in many ways,

• Like 1