You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

I don't trust any player out of serie A. I also don't want another player fucking off in January 2024 for a month. I don't see how anyone can be convinced he's better than what we have. Spunking 30ml on him and another 20ml in wages is pointless imo. Its still alot of money that's better going towards a better player

I can be convinced because I've watched him play, and I've watched our midfielders play. 

We could pretend we're going to get Bellingham and Rice instead I suppose. 

The Serie A thing is a bit silly. 

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I don't trust any player out of serie A. I also don't want another player fucking off in January 2024 for a month. I don't see how anyone can be convinced he's better than what we have. Spunking 30ml on him and another 20ml in wages is pointless imo. Its still alot of money that's better going towards a better player

I'd agree that not too many serie A players have lit up the Premiership, but how many high profile serie A players have actually made the switch? It's not many

I'd even go as far as saying that both Barella and canhanoglu of inter, are better than all of our current midfielders, besides thiago.. 

But I've watched a few porto and benfica games on my dodgy box of late. And I can see the attraction with bringing in players from the Portuguese league. The games are very physical, and equally as fast as the Premier league 

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

No way are we ever signing a flavour of the month had a good game at the World Cup type of player ever again under this recruitment team. If we did it’d be because we’d been watching him for about 4 seasons and he has a release clause that’s about to be activated by another team.

And here's me thinking we just sign anyone that has a good game against us 

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Read a report that Jota knee injury is quite bad. Sounds like we might need could do with another attacker. He is a bit of a sick note that gets overlooked.

He was out due to a calf muscle tear, and now he's fucked his knee up?

Nothing has changed with Jota.

It was being reported 3 weeks ago he was out until Feb - same timeline given in the reports that are doing the rounds today.

Here is report from 3 weeks ago:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/11/liverpool-journalist-reveals-expected-return-date-for-diogo-jota/

Take no notice of the chancers and those recycling old news across different threads - if you want the best and most up to date news on our dying and wounded visit the EMERGENCY WARD 10 THREAD.

The OFFICIAL and BEST TLW injury thread.... Accept no imitations!

• Upvote 1

Only way we’re signing Bellingham is if he says he won’t go anywhere else similar to VVD. We can’t/won’t compete with City or Real when it comes to the fee or the wages.

The fact we haven’t ruled ourselves out makes me think something may have been agreed. We’re gonna look a bit silly If we end up being outbid after putting all out eggs on his basket from last summer. 

29 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

This lad, if he's willing to sign, is far too good to miss out on. Genuinely a generational-level talent. 

Spent the entire budget on his transfer fee and grab a couple of Bosman's such as Rabiot & Laimer to pad out the central midfield area. 

There’s plenty of decent free transfers coming up that offer more than Ox, Keita and Jones. We’ll do fuck all though.

6 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

Only way we’re signing Bellingham is if he says he won’t go anywhere else similar to VVD. We can’t/won’t compete with City or Real when it comes to the fee or the wages.

The fact we haven’t ruled ourselves out makes me think something may have been agreed. We’re gonna look a bit silly If we end up being outbid after putting all out eggs on his basket from last summer. 

Nah, that’s a win for FSG - we couldn’t compete given Bellingham’s insane cost, but are instead showing ourselves as savvy businessmen by moving on to monitor / wait for another exciting talent for a couple of years until their value also ends up exceeding our budget.