You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

FA Cup semi. Place is empty.

I know we all take the piss out of City for attendance but this is also on the FA. Two northern teams having to traipse down to London when there’s a cost of living crisis.  Fucking disgraceful.  Again showing complete lack of respect to the fans.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I know we all take the piss out of City for attendance but this is also on the FA. Two northern teams having to traipse down to London when there’s a cost of living crisis.  Fucking disgraceful.  Again showing complete lack of respect to the fans.  

Spot on.

Ridiculous this is case - the toilet would be perfectly reasonable for this...

But the FA don't give a toss about fans - fans should boycott stuff like this - but of course not enough will.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Spot on.

But the FA don't give a toss about fans - fans should boycott stuff like this - but of course not enough will.

Turned it off as cannot look at grealish. Sexy legs and hairband. Who the fuck does he think he is Beyonnce? If youy hair gets in the way, cut it off, not look like a fanny. You are a footballer, act like one.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

they just dont give a fuck about fans use old trafford/villa park

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, an tha said:

Spot on.

Irrespective of who is playing it's quite embarrassing to see that many empty seats. I can't see that the FA are making that much more staging a semi-final at Wembley rather than say Villa Park? The cost of staging it at Wembley will be more. Atmosphere would be better if it was elsewhere. Given that it's City they'd only need a stadium with a 15,000 seat capacity to fill their section.

2 hours ago, clangers said:

Irrespective of who is playing it's quite embarrassing to see that many empty seats. I can't see that the FA are making that much more staging a semi-final at Wembley rather than say Villa Park? The cost of staging it at Wembley will be more. Atmosphere would be better if it was elsewhere. Given that it's City they'd only need a stadium with a 15,000 seat capacity to fill their section.

I am not sure of details but pretty sure all the semis are at wembley as a part of "paying for it being built".

I'd be happy to see whole stadium empty - it would mean fans have finally properly took a stand and it might just actually force change.

11 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Arsenal choking under pressure like we did a couple of seasons. City are relentless when going on those streaks. Having their huge squad with their ability versus both us and Arsenal having to use players of lesser ability is/was clearly taking it`s toll. That said Arsenal should not be that tired at this point having “short” runs domestically in the cups, and easy rotating in Europe. Unfortunately they have alot of good young players that will mature and get a good amount of experience with pressure and only getting better quality wise. 

we have some serious building to do if we are going to compete with them and city in the coming seasons. Ageing squad and a midfield that is utter rubish needs sorting quickly and no room for misses.

In 18/19, we were unbeaten in our last 17 games, dropping points in just 2 our last 11 and winning every single one of the final 9 league games. All while reaching and winning the Champions League. 

In 19/20, we pissed the league and won it with 8 games remaining having won all bar three of the opening 30, losing just one and drawing two.

In 20/21, we won 8 and drew 2 of our final 10 games to reach 3rd after falling down the table when all centre-back options were injured.

In 21/22, we won 16 and drew 2 (one of which was away to City) of our final 18 games. All while winning both the FA cup and League cup and reaching the Champions League final. 

When the fuck did we bottle anything in the league? Seriously? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

Is a spurs win better for us today then do we think? Better than a draw?

Everything but a Newcastle win really. 

I think I predicted a draw in that table accumulator where I have Newcastle finishing with 65 points

• Upvote 1