You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

The Bellingham stuff is getting as embarrassing as the Mbappe stuff a few years ago. 

The only chance we had to sign him was last summer before his value rocketed - there’s posts on here about what a good World Cup would do to his price tag. It’s highly unlikely we’ll have agreed something in advance and kept it secret and there’s no chance we spend £125m+ on one player now.

It’s clear we want him and I’m sure he’s interested too but no way do the numbers work. Just stop doing it to yourselves.

I remember a few years back De Bruyne hired outsider's to assess if he should continue his career at Manchester City. I suspect Bellingham will be opting for similar analysis for his next club not based on any emotion. 

Via Atfield, De Bruyne commissioned Analytics FC to produce a report analysing the player's past, present and projected future performances and importance to the team - as well as benchmarking his salary against those of other world-leading attacking midfielders. TGG understands this showed he was significantly underpaid in comparison

"We were contacted by the people who manage Kevin De Bruyne's career. They were aware of the data industry and the specific issues they wanted to analyse.

“Kevin De Bruyne asked us to study all aspects of his contribution to the team and even how prepared Manchester City is for success in the years to come, based on the age and quality of the players.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/how-analytics-fc-helped-de-bruyne-negotiate-new-man-city-deal

3 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

I remember a few years back De Bruyne hired outsider's to assess if he should continue his career at Manchester City. I suspect Bellingham will be opting for similar analysis for his next club not based on any emotion. 

Via Atfield, De Bruyne commissioned Analytics FC to produce a report analysing the player's past, present and projected future performances and importance to the team - as well as benchmarking his salary against those of other world-leading attacking midfielders. TGG understands this showed he was significantly underpaid in comparison

"We were contacted by the people who manage Kevin De Bruyne's career. They were aware of the data industry and the specific issues they wanted to analyse.

“Kevin De Bruyne asked us to study all aspects of his contribution to the team and even how prepared Manchester City is for success in the years to come, based on the age and quality of the players.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/how-analytics-fc-helped-de-bruyne-negotiate-new-man-city-deal

He doesn't need to do any such analysis if he wants to move to a sportswashing bunch of cunts. Of course he will have success there.

2 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

He doesn't need to do any such analysis if he wants to move to a sportswashing bunch of cunts. Of course he will have success there.

Look at Kalvin Phillips he probably should have done some research, he suffered the mother of all insults a loan bid from Everton after his transfer. 

10 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

The shitness of modern football. And 'worra cunt.'

• Upvote 1

On 31/01/2023 at 14:40, Section_31 said:

I could see Bellingham coming here, the problem is I don't think it'd fix the problem, The press and the fanboys will be wanking themselves silly and if and when he scores a goal it'll go into overdrive, but he can't fix these problems on his own - no one player can. 

FSG will sell lots of shirts with his name on and for the next five windows we'll be told there's no money in the pot 'cos Bellingham'. 

If it's a choice, and it probably will be, I'd say get at least three but ideally five new players instead. 

I really think our problems are overstated. Naby fucking Keita has gone a long way to sorting them so how big can they be? A 2020 Fabinho solves them so if Bellingham is all he's supposed to be then of course he will solve lots of our issues. 

On 01/02/2023 at 03:50, stringvest said:

We need a defensive midfielder too - the lad at West Ham would do us.

Rice is a big character - powerful, confident, and with leadership qualities.  He'd be a big asset to most teams.  I just don't know if he has the legs for a Klopp midfield, though.

19 hours ago, Original202 said:

The Bellingham stuff is getting as embarrassing as the Mbappe stuff a few years ago. 

The only chance we had to sign him was last summer before his value rocketed - there’s posts on here about what a good World Cup would do to his price tag. It’s highly unlikely we’ll have agreed something in advance and kept it secret and there’s no chance we spend £125m+ on one player now.

It’s clear we want him and I’m sure he’s interested too but no way do the numbers work. Just stop doing it to yourselves.

We know for a fact that Mbappe did meet with Klopp and a Liverpool delegation.  It actually happened, which unlike a lot of other inuendo and rumour around our club - see countless threads on TLW - is an amazing step for Liverpool.

However, we were at the peak of our powers, and he still went for the money deal.

Will Bellingham be different, that's the big question.

8 minutes ago, razor said:

We know for a fact that Mbappe did meet with Klopp and a Liverpool delegation.  It actually happened, which unlike a lot of other inuendo and rumour around our club - see countless threads on TLW - is an amazing step for Liverpool.

However, we were at the peak of our powers, and he still went for the money deal.

Will Bellingham be different, that's the big question.

Considering the deal he signed at PSG (£52m a year) and what Madrid were prepared to offer (~£200m transfer fee, ~100m signing on fee, ~£30m+ per year wages).....I don't even know why we spoke to him. Apart from it being a free country and Mbappe probably fancying a free meal, I dont see why we even bothered.

19 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

We’re 9th in the league, saying our problems are overstated and Naby going a long way to sorting it. There are no other explanations. There surely can’t be. 

I didn't mean Naby was a long term solution, I meant if even he could make it better then it shows just how dysfunctional the midfield has been.

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This is sarcasm,right?

The way I see it is we've been playing with 10 men most weeks and 9 the weeks Ox has joined Fabinho on the pitch. We've replaced them with 2 lads that run and we already look million times better than we did at Brentford and Brighton first time around. It won't take much to get Mo, Trent, Matip, Virgil and Robbo playing 10% better than they currently are. Add Bellingham or any decent midfielder to the mix and suddenly we're a team again.

I reckon so much rests on getting this cat in that if we do pull it off it has the Virgil effect and gives every cunt a lift and shifts us up a couple of gears. Get Nunes and a centre back in and we’re laughing. I like the look of that Croatian fella from the World Cup and we can’t deny he has unfinished business here. Bring Dejan home.

11 hours ago, No2 said:

I didn't mean Naby was a long term solution, I meant if even he could make it better then it shows just how dysfunctional the midfield has been.

The way I see it is we've been playing with 10 men most weeks and 9 the weeks Ox has joined Fabinho on the pitch. We've replaced them with 2 lads that run and we already look million times better than we did at Brentford and Brighton first time around. It won't take much to get Mo, Trent, Matip, Virgil and Robbo playing 10% better than they currently are. Add Bellingham or any decent midfielder to the mix and suddenly we're a team again.

I wish I had your confidence in both Keita and the squad as a whole.

There is no doubt that if our forward line clicked that could cover up a few cracks in our armour getting a CL place with the current turmoil both on and off the pitch looks a gigantic task. I just feel FSG have made their biggest gaffe yet with the sale talk and the uncertainty that brings to the whole club. Especially given the shenanigans with the scouting and medical side as these are crucial to a well oiled(German style?)  set up.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I wish I had your confidence in both Keita and the squad as a whole.

There is no doubt that if our forward line clicked that could cover up a few cracks in our armour getting a CL place with the current turmoil both on and off the pitch looks a gigantic task. I just feel FSG have made their biggest gaffe yet with the sale talk and the uncertainty that brings to the whole club. Especially given the shenanigans with the scouting and medical side as these are crucial to a well oiled(German style?)  set up.

I don't have confidence in Naby, I'm using him as an example of how easy it can be to improve, if he makes you better then imagine what a proper midfielder would do?

• Upvote 1