You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

1 hour ago, aws said:

Take away Mo’s penalties and there’s not much between the goal returns of our strikers.  

Penalty’s needs to be scored, Nunez has a 100% miss record this season for us. 

Salah is a winger, that is the difference, if Nunez was played on the left I would have no issue with his return, but he is not.

I think he should be though. 

IMG_9993.jpeg

IMG_9992.jpeg

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Code's mind has clearly changed since he voted to sign him (poll above). I'm curious as to what Code saw in him to vote that way initially, and where he thinks it has gone wrong.

I don’t really mind Nunez, but it’s easier to overlook the obvious goal scoring issue as long as we are winning.

Nunez was brought in to give us goals , we pushed Salah more wide to get the best out of Nunez, I think it’s a fair call to say Nunez has failed to deliver.

Yes he looks funny with his antics, yes he tries, but I want our front striker to score goals, not try hard and get booked in more games than he scores.

15 hours ago, Code said:

Penalty’s needs to be scored, Nunez has a 100% miss record this season for us.  

IMG_9993.jpeg

IMG_9992.jpeg

No, he doesn't have a 100% miss record. He scored one earlier this season. And he had a 100% success rate with penalties until the one he missed vs Chelsea. I think it was 12 scored from 12 before that game.

5 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

No, he doesn't have a 100% miss record. He scored one earlier this season. And he had a 100% success rate with penalties until the one he missed vs Chelsea. I think it was 12 scored from 12 before that game.

This was in discussion about the league and league goals. 

He scored one against LASK Linz in the Europa League yes. 

3 hours ago, Code said:

This was in discussion about the league and league goals. 

He scored one against LASK Linz in the Europa League yes. 

Oh sorry. Didn't know it was ice hockey he is playing in the Europa league. Thanks for letting me know any goal or penalty scored outside the premier league is immediately irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

He's the new Salah, drag, pull, headlock him, it's all fair game.

Complete joke couple of the free kicks he didnt get first half here. That said it’s what we’ve seen all season, I realized months ago that the refereeing will be a major factor when it comes to what the league table looks like in May.

On 08/02/2024 at 21:17, Code said:

The more I think about it could actually be a pretty interesting discussion.

We reached the CL final and finished 4th in 17/18 with Karius in goal, in 22/23 we finished 5th and got knocked out of the last 16 of the CL with Nunez as our striker. 

Lets say Alisson is the best keeper in the world and Haaland is the best striker, how would we do if we got Haaland in as our striker and for a keeper on Karius level from 17/18 before the CL final?

Would we win more games? I dont know as Alisson is pretty important for us, but what if we also had a front striker with a goal guarentee?

We also had Mo. He must be shit too then?