You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Feb 28 - Mar 4 2022)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Monday Feb 28:

Soaking up the content from yesterday. That’s the great thing about when we have a big win. You get to enjoy the moment but then you know the day after there’s so much more to come. Fans videos on social media and the brilliant stuff the club puts out too. Just so much to digest and savour.

There’s loads of stuff I didn’t see yesterday, mainly because we did the podcast soon after the game so I didn’t get the chance to watch the post match two or three times like I normally would. You miss so much at the time because you’re still so caught up in the moment, but I’ve watched loads of it today.

Klopp’s dancing is great. It’s completely natural for him to act like that but I don’t think there’s another manager in the league who could pull that off without looking like a knobhead. He’s so unique in that regard. He’s a figure of immense authority and he commands total respect, yet he can bounce around like a fool without losing any of that respect. Normally figures of authority distance themselves from those they have authority over and conduct themselves in a certain way. That does not include throwing shapes to Dua Lipa.

Yet Klopp can act like a big soft kid and somehow no-one takes the piss and the aura of authority and respect he has is unaffected. He’s a special human being. Not as special as Alisson though. That man is a saint. Him bringing that kid up for the trophy lift was just an incredible gesture. There’s an interview with the kid today where he explained how it all came about and it really highlights what a lovely fella Alisson is. If he’s not consoling upset team-mates he’s giving fans an experience they’ll remember for the rest of their lives. 

Other things I noticed from the post match was that some lads who weren’t involved were a little subdued in the celebrations. Nothing wrong with that, everyone reacts in different ways and if Ox and Curtis don’t feel like dancing around like crazy fools because they didn’t play then I get that. Ox was sat on his own reading his phone while Ljinders was leading the dressing room dancing. Div wasn’t involved in that either although he was sat there, cool as fuck, smiling and tapping his feet. He got on the pitch though didn’t he, so it’s different for him.

The big exception to all that was Kostas, who was front and centre in that Ljinders dancing video. He didn’t get on but if you didn’t know that you’d never guess based on the celebrations. He was everywhere, and never left the skipper’s side when it came to getting the trophy. He was like a Greek Josemi. Except I didn’t resent Kostas being there front and centre. In fact, I loved how enthusiastic he was about it all. No wonder he seems to be everyone’s best mate, he’s the life and soul of the party isn’t he? 

That clip of him teasing the fans by pretending to walk away only to then turn and run towards them with the trophy was hilarious. He did it about three or four times too. He’s mad him. 

Other notables. Harvey with his pyro was hilarious and has made for some amazing photos that I’m sure he’ll have on his wall soon. He might get in trouble for that but it’s worth it. I also loved seeing the lads make sure Taki got his moment in front of the fans with the trophy. Completely deserved that was. I love Taki, any time you see him he’s smiling. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £3 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

Great report, Dave. Yes, you wonder if old 'Roman' will sell chelsea especially as he's wanting a minimum £3bn and possibly £4bn! Lots of talk about billionaires in the papers keen to take them on but almost as many of them seeming to distance themselves.

Would be funny as fuck if the swedish guy who has no alleged interest in football buys them with the guy in the US! If Abramovich does sell, I cant see any new owner funding chelsea to the extent he did.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Great report, Dave. Yes, you wonder if old 'Roman' will sell chelsea especially as he's wanting a minimum £3bn and possibly £4bn! Lots of talk about billionaires in the papers keen to take them on but almost as many of them seeming to distance themselves.

Would be funny as fuck if the swedish guy who has no alleged interest in football buys them with the guy in the US! If Abramovich does sell, I cant see any new owner funding chelsea to the extent he did.

Well yeah but then technically no owner should be able to fund a club. Clubs are only supposed to spend what they bring in.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think Robert and Ghislaine Maxwell may disagree with the contention evil rich cunts always win., though!

As Qwi Gon Jin once said, "there's always a bigger fish". They were the fall guys so richer, more evil cunts could win.

• Upvote 2

One of your best yet Dave. That's what I pay my subs for, right there. Especially loved the punishment of being forced to retain ownership of Everton. 

Abramovich selling up because of his relationship with Putin. Really? So everything else that cunt did prior to Putin invading Ukraine was absolutely fine, nothing to see here? 

• Upvote 1

A quick glance at the comments section of any article in The Athletic about Newcastle shows you how bad their fans already are for defending their owners. No doubt they'll be much worse in a few years when they're competing for trophies.

• Upvote 2

On 06/03/2022 at 14:39, dave u said:

Well yeah but then technically no owner should be able to fund a club. Clubs are only supposed to spend what they bring in.

Totally agree. It's only cunts like samuel, birt and certain other clubs' fans who think they should be allowed to pump unlimited funds into a club.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, mike23 said:

A quick glance at the comments section of any article in The Athletic about Newcastle shows you how bad their fans already are for defending their owners. No doubt they'll be much worse in a few years when they're competing for trophies.

Newcastle will probably (already have?) follow the City playbook….employ an army of PR people pretending to be fans, defending, rationalising, justifying and otherwise obfuscating about their grand sports washing enterprise. 

There's more than an air of 'He's a murderous billionaire dictator, but he's our murderous billionaire dictator' about Newcastle. 

Some clubs have murals of legendary players on their wall and in their communities, but those bunch of desperadoes have that soulless mercenary bitch. It really tells you all you need to know about them as a club and a fanbase.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic