You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

No way was Frenkie de Jong ever on £450k a week. Not even Barcelona are that stupid.

That said, it's RIDICULOUS if the mancs cave and pay that inflated price for him. There are no other takers for the player at the previous price + wage outlay. Barca have to sell him to register the players they've already signed. Man Utd have got them over a barrel and they're too stupid to even realise it, if anything they should be trying to drive the price down. It's not like Barca could walk away.

2 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

No way was Frenkie de Jong ever on £450k a week. Not even Barcelona are that stupid.

The first pic is this season and a fair few who have been there took big reductions. 

The second pic shows the wage bill in 2020. Explains exactly why they are in the shit they are

Screenshot_20220801-171849_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-172029_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I’m hearing that the Maddison to Newcastle deal is being held up by an unusual demand for a symmetrical leisure area outside his new home.

I guess you could say this transfer depends on whether or not the new mansion contains Maddison’s square garden. 

DAFE3CCA-1F0C-4304-A00F-D0DA8B3248E8.jpeg

Fucking brilliant. 

3 hours ago, Barnesey said:

Tyler Morton is a better prospect than Bajectic, IMHO

Read earlier that Bajcetic has played more than Naby or Jones this pre-season. It maybe an anomaly due to Jones and Naby being forced to miss out yesterday but the club have clearly been able to have a look where Bajcetic is at currently.

Watching the game yesterday you felt that a number of them needed to put on a bit more muscle. If Bajcetic ends up like his dad and 6ft 2 and more of a physical presence you feel he will be some player 

17 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The first pic is this season and a fair few who have been there took big reductions. 

The second pic shows the wage bill in 2020. Explains exactly why they are in the shit they are

Screenshot_20220801-171849_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220801-172029_Chrome.jpg

Was the last Barca president just doubling whatever a players agent asked for 600000 p/w for Griezemann fucking hell

17 hours ago, Barnesey said:

Tyler Morton is a better prospect than Bajectic, IMHO

Klopp made some comments about Morton doing better now he's playing games back in his natural 8 position.

Personally I'm hoping we don't get to needing milner as our 3rd choice 6, let alone get down to the kids at 4th choice. Clearly at some point though we will. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Klopp made some comments about Morton doing better now he's playing games back in his natural 8 position.

Personally I'm hoping we don't get to needing milner as our 3rd choice 6, let alone get down to the kids at 4th choice. Clearly at some point though we will. 

I reckon Thiago might get a go there before Milner, depending on which other midfielders were fit.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

9F05EA88-A551-48AB-849D-C5D2544F43AD.png

Weren't Barca favourites for him? If they get him as well I don't know if a club has ever been beaten to so many transfers in one summer. Maybe Boehly will decide a DofF do know what they are doing, as long as it's not Edwards 

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

With the 5 subs rule, Milner is going to come on to help us keep our lead about 100 times this season.

And so he should.