You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool Luis Diaz

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Fair point.

My - I suppose - “problem” is I always think “well what Mane have done, there”

Maybe you would feel better if you compared him with Mane of today. The fact is, as I've said before, the league isn't full of devastating left sided forwards. There are very few in the world. He's not at the level mane was, just in the way whoever replaces Salah one day probably won't be as good as him either. We've been really fortunate. But aside from Son (who's at the end of his career anyway), I don't really look around the league and think we could massively upgrade Diaz.

I don't disagree with your view his decision making isn't very good. I just think it's a question of one of those "be careful what you wish for" moments. 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe you would feel better if you compared him with Mane of today. The fact is, as I've said before, the league isn't full of devastating left sided forwards. There are very few in the world. He's not at the level mane was, just in the way whoever replaces Salah one day probably won't be as good as him either. We've been really fortunate. But aside from Son (who's at the end of his career anyway), I don't really look around the league and think we could massively upgrade Diaz.

I don't disagree with your view his decision making isn't very good. I just think it's a question of one of those "be careful what you wish for" moments. 

Well we’ve been in the forum for time.

There’s talk Barca want Diaz for 100m.

Crazy number, for me.

I’d be pleased with 40-60.

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Well we’ve been in the forum for time.

There’s talk Barca want Diaz for 100m.

Crazy number, for me.

I’d be pleased with 40-60.

At 100m I'd let him go too. I'm not very sure Barcelona have 60m or 100m though. I wouldn't take 60m for him, unless we knew we had an absolute banker to replace him. At 100m, I think it's a.different discussion. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

At 100m I'd let him go too. I'm not very sure Barcelona have 60m or 100m though. I wouldn't take 60m for him, unless we knew we had an absolute banker to replace him. At 100m, I think it's a.different discussion. 

Would you take 75m?

I like Diaz and wouldn't be looking to sell but any new manager will want a couple of new players. Diaz and Gakpo look the like the ones that good scouts could upgrade on. 75m and I'm taking that all day long.

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Told you this once before, but please stop reading my posts and changing your mind.

This isn’t Rawk and it makes me feel really uneasy, we’re not here for any of that pish.

Just because I agree with you on his weaknesses doesn’t mean I don’t think your conclusion shows you to be a Brexit-felching nonce bucket.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Just because I agree with you on his weaknesses doesn’t mean I don’t think your conclusion shows you to be a Brexit-felching nonce bucket.

Thanks mate, really appreciate that.

7 hours ago, an tha said:

I love Jota, but there has to be a question about how many serious injuries he can sustain before the damage becomes too great and his level suffers as a result.

I sincerely hope we don't reach that point, but it does worry me.

The big question mark on Jota is that he seems to spend at least a third of each season injured.

We simply can't rely on him to be fit, now, next season or ever unfortunately.

He's 27, had him as a couple of years younger in my head. It's fair to assume whatever finishing deficits in his game probably won't improve substantially from now on.

He was immense on Sunday, though. Obviously wasteful too. 

30 minutes ago, Code said:

His decision making is awful, and there is no excuse for not getting the winner on Sunday when Salah set him up. 

On Sunday Salah's decision making was awful and there is no excuse for not getting the winner when Diaz set him up.

I can play the unfair blame game too.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Agree with this, also agree that Barca don't have anything like that kind of money.

10 minutes ago, dave u said:

On Sunday Salah's decision making was awful and there is no excuse for not getting the winner when Diaz set him up.

I can play the unfair blame game too.

Salah would score that first chance 29 out of 30 times at least. 

I'd need to see your workings out on that to come to such a specific number!

I just can't get on board with ripping Diaz after the performance he put in. And Mo should have done better with the chance when Diaz played him in, as that right footed shot was weak as fuck.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Fuck that

60ml pound walking sicknote

He's misses over 90 games since breaking into the first team in 2019/20

Yeah I know but Thiago is going in the summer and we need someone on the treatment table.

In all seriousness I’d be all over Kvaratskelia, finding his form again for Napoli and he’ll want out in summer they are fucked financially and struggling in the league, he’s the right age too just turned 23 and never injured.