You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) Premier League - 3/2/21 - 20:15

Bjornebye

Shambles that....but sadly not really a surprise.

This side will struggle to even nail a top 4 spit from here....every shite team in league has the blueprint for stopping us at Anfield now, and we don't have the tools to sort it.

I think we'll get some better results away and once in a month or however long it takes for us to put out a defence without midfielders in it and a midfield that functions again, in turn freeing our full backs we might get some better results, but for now this is what we are, and what we have been for a while.

So sad to see.

Absolutely shite from start to finish.

There will be plenty of people here blaming this and that player not being good enough, and not least saying we’ve been found out somehow.

Nothing to do wIth that at all, this is all about mentality, and intensity, in out approach. We play well and draw or win against the better team, we play shite and loose, sometimes draw, against the poor ones. Spurs and West Ham parked the bus much more than Brighton ever did, we had plenty of chances to counter today, so nothing to do with that. All down to the mental side of it, possibly combined with a bit of physical fatigue.

• Upvote 1

Pathetic surrender of the title. I get depressed watching players like Origi and Oxlade Chamberlain coming off the bench. Too slow and anyone with any type of formation and organisation can play against us easily.

We have no threat of set pieces anymore with Van Dijk gone and Matip permanently injured. At least when you are struggling against these teams a set piece goal opens them up. 

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The title has gone, I'd made my peace with that a while ago.

We face a real battle to stay in the top four now. We are fortunate that Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal have been worse than us this season. 

Simply have to finish in the top 4, if we dont then there wont be any signings.

Cant believe the club waited 4 weeks to bring in new players and only did because they had to. 

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Absolutely shite from start to finish.

There will be plenty of people here blaming this and that player not being good enough, and not least saying we’ve been found out somehow.

Nothing to do wIth that at all, this is all about mentality, and intensity, in out approach. We play well and draw or win against the better team, we play shite and loose, sometimes draw, against the poor ones. Spurs and West Ham parked the bus much more than Brighton ever did, we had plenty of chances to counter today, so nothing to do with that. All down to the mental side of it, possibly combined with a bit of physical fatigue.

I'm sure there's a tactical explanation for how shit we are in some of these games and the fact the squad is half injured and there's no continuity, but when we literally can't beat any team that is in the bottom half of the table, you almost have to think it's just because the players can't be arsed to turn up.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Shambles that....but sadly not really a surprise.

This side will struggle to even nail a top 4 spit from here....every shite team in league has the blueprint for stopping us at Anfield now, and we don't have the tools to sort it.

I think we'll get some better results away and once in a month or however long it takes for us to put out a defence without midfielders in it and a midfield that functions again, in turn freeing our full backs we might get some better results, but for now this is what we are, and what we have been for a while.

So sad to see.

Missing too many players, we’ve all known our 2nd string isn’t top class it is what it is. Put VVD, Fab, Mane, Jota, Alisson, Gomez in that team tonight and we don’t lose. It’s hard to take but we just have to fight like fuck now for top 4.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The title has gone, I'd made my peace with that a while ago.

We face a real battle to stay in the top four now. We are fortunate that Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal have been worse than us this season. 

We could easily miss top 4... in which case, I hope to God we miss Europa too.