The Woolster

TLW Deathpool 2021

Britain's most glamorous crime writer who rose to fame in the eighties as a model and actress has died aged 59. 

Clare Dunkel, who lived in the West Country, shot to fame as a glamour model in the seventies using the name Candy Davis in Are You Being Served. She became a bestselling award-winning crime writer, publishing 10 books under the pen name of Mo Hayder, and was often hailed a 'connoisseur of corpses' for her gruesome tales. She is survived by her teenager daughter 

46462005-9876123-image-a-60_162850714290

46462001-9876123-image-m-49_162850690950

7 hours ago, Poster said:

Britain's most glamorous crime writer who rose to fame in the eighties as a model and actress has died aged 59. 

Clare Dunkel, who lived in the West Country, shot to fame as a glamour model in the seventies using the name Candy Davis in Are You Being Served. She became a bestselling award-winning crime writer, publishing 10 books under the pen name of Mo Hayder, and was often hailed a 'connoisseur of corpses' for her gruesome tales. She is survived by her teenager daughter 

46462005-9876123-image-a-60_162850714290

46462001-9876123-image-m-49_162850690950

She was still a MILF in that photo.

41 minutes ago, redheart said:

Aunt Sally (Aka Una Stubbs) has joined Worzel...gone too soon at 84.

Let's see her mime that at her funeral

Shame …As she was just about to go on a Summer Holiday 

On 12/08/2021 at 16:18, KMD7 said:

Sad that about Una. Although she was of my childhood I never think of her being that old. RIP

That’s because she looked so good for her age. RIP Una.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, mattyq said:

Nanci Griffith, 68, part of my childhood

Really really sad. I know she'd been ill for a while. Saw her a few times when I was a kid as my dad is a big fan. My brother still has the flower she gave him at the end of one gig when she saw him in the front row; he was only about 8 and had been singing along to all the songs.

Her version of 'From a Distance' is a thousand times better than the one Bette Midler subsequently topped charts all around the world with. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Really really sad. I know she'd been ill for a while. Saw her a few times when I was a kid as my dad is a big fan. My brother still has the flower she gave him at the end of one gig when she saw him in the front row; he was only about 8 and had been singing along to all the songs.

Her version of 'From a Distance' is a thousand times better than the one Bette Midler subsequently topped charts all around the world with. 

Lone Star State Of Mind is a great song too.

14 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Having no luck at the moment, feel like Jack lemmon in glengarry glenross

"Had a terrible day today love, I just can't catch a break."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that darling. Is it your car that's broken? or has the oven exploded?"

"Nah, none of my picks in the TLW Deadpool have died lately. I just want one to croak it you know, is that really too much to ask?"

• Upvote 1

On 04/07/2021 at 13:43, Stickman said:

Stuart Damon from The Champions died 29th June

6a01348361f24a970c014e5f61eaf9970c-600wi

Me Mum who worked at the Allinsons met him backstage with a few aunties and me Dad took him around town which he thought was great.