You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

The roll out hasn’t really helped matters.  Me and the missus staggered our vaccines cause we’d a new born to look after, so didn’t wanna get sick at the same time.  She had her Astra jab, no real problems, one night of feeling unwell.

I book mine and they ring a week later to cancel.  We’re no longer giving Astra to your age group cause it’s deemed unsafe, oh tell your missus to come back for her second jab of it.

I then had to travel fecking miles to get a different one.  Loads wouldn’t bother in this scenario.

Can’t really say I’m all too happy with this push to vaccinate kids.  My daughter won’t be getting it any time soon.  Her older girl is 14, so that’ll be entirely down to them two.  I’ve took the wee one for all her newborn jabs cause there’s decades of evidence and other guina pigs before her.

Trying to do the math here - you have a daughter who has a 14 year old and you and the missus have a newborn??

Who are you - Larry King?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

I wonder if now the government would try to keep the manufacturer of the vaccine from the public. So the element of choice is removed.  

Skids how have you chosen any of the 5 - 10 vaccines you’ve had before? The tastiest, the sexiest, the hippest or have you just taken what’s given, most likely chosen because it’s the cheapest. 

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Skids how have you chosen any of the 5 - 10 vaccines you’ve had before? The tastiest, the sexiest, the hippest or have you just taken what’s given, most likely chosen because it’s the cheapest. 

Who’s getting to choose as it is?  You take what they give you.  Unless of course they ring to cancel on the grounds of it no longer being safe.

Flip flopping between what is and what isn’t safe.  1000s of women reporting changes to their monthly cycle…but yea brush all that under the carpet and blindly trust the government we know can’t be trusted

11 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

So vaccines are to be offered to 16/17 year olds. I have one of those so there will need to be a discussion imminently.

Ultimately it will be up to him, but I’d like to be able to present accurate facts and both sides of the argument so he has what he needs to make an informed decision. 

I’d like him to have it, of course, but there is a worry that if it does lead to long term negative effects (not the nut job stuff) then I don’t want to live with the guilt that I forced it on him in some way. 

I’m sure he’ll have it, if offered, but I’m just being honest in saying I have more worries/doubts over him getting it than I did about myself or his mother. 

What approach would you suggest GFers?

Being offered to 12 year olds over here. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Who’s getting to choose as it is?  You take what they give you.  Unless of course they ring to cancel on the grounds of it no longer being safe.

Flip flopping between what is and what isn’t safe.  1000s of women reporting changes to their monthly cycle…but yea brush all that under the carpet and blindly trust the government we know can’t be trusted

What about the 1000’s that say they are magnetic, or have 5G connectivity? 

Or this - 

or this

https://vajenda.substack.com/p/the-covid-19-vaccine-and-menstrual

I still and always will stand by everyone having the right to do what they want regarding the vaccines.

I would be interested to see how some of the more extreme anti-vaxxers would have reacted if there had been a leak that senior ministers / royals were getting a vaccine but it hadn't been given to the wider population yet ..... I suspect it would be like that scene in Jerusalem in World War Z.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What about the 1000’s that say they are magnetic, or have 5G connectivity? 

Or this - 

or this

https://vajenda.substack.com/p/the-covid-19-vaccine-and-menstrual

We both know how stupid the 5G stuff is.  You simply cannot lump it in with this.

End of the day.  I’ve had it, I don’t mind.  I’ve almost certainly snorted worse once upon a time.  My partners had it too.

They’ve give anti vaxxers all the ammo in the world with this flip flopping between what is safe and what isn’t.  How can Astra be fine for my partner two weeks earlier and then not for me?  But yea she still has to go for her second jab.  That’s a wet dream for anti vaxxers.

All the studies in the world won’t ease the fears of the women who’ve been bleeding for several weeks since their vaccine.

My only worries about my wee dolls 16 weeks jabs is hearing that cry again.  You can’t lump them in together, not even close to being similar.

• Upvote 1

Remember the Barrington bollocks?

Regular readers will remember me referring to accountability and skin in the game.  They are now trying to reframe themselves as naive.  When in actual fact they were looking to influence policy. 

Grifters. The fucking lot of them. 

People like Zonk and Grinch get caught up in the crossfire. 

30 minutes ago, Grinch said:

We both know how stupid the 5G stuff is.  You simply cannot lump it in with this.

End of the day.  I’ve had it, I don’t mind.  I’ve almost certainly snorted worse once upon a time.  My partners had it too.

They’ve give anti vaxxers all the ammo in the world with this flip flopping between what is safe and what isn’t.  How can Astra be fine for my partner two weeks earlier and then not for me?  But yea she still has to go for her second jab.  That’s a wet dream for anti vaxxers.

All the studies in the world won’t ease the fears of the women who’ve been bleeding for several weeks since their vaccine.

My only worries about my wee dolls 16 weeks jabs is hearing that cry again.  You can’t lump them in together, not even close to being similar.

You absolutely can. You for some reason are looking for a conspiracy, whether it is kiddy fucking alien shape shifters with magnetic vaccines or big pharma you can be, and are being manipulated.  

There is no doubt yours and your entire families existence is due to the effectiveness of vaccines. 

14 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

So vaccines are to be offered to 16/17 year olds. I have one of those so there will need to be a discussion imminently.

Ultimately it will be up to him, but I’d like to be able to present accurate facts and both sides of the argument so he has what he needs to make an informed decision. 

I’d like him to have it, of course, but there is a worry that if it does lead to long term negative effects (not the nut job stuff) then I don’t want to live with the guilt that I forced it on him in some way. 

I’m sure he’ll have it, if offered, but I’m just being honest in saying I have more worries/doubts over him getting it than I did about myself or his mother. 

What approach would you suggest GFers?

I imagine you sound like Fred Trueman, in which case you've got the right voice to say "while you're under my roof you'll live by my rules".

10 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

No never chosen, and the only vaccinations I have had are the ones when I was a kid. Not had any vaccination as an adult.