You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

49 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Sorry to hear that. Found out this morning my sister's in an induced coma with it.

Can't help but feel it's going to hit everyone in some way. In the end, we'll all know someone affected by it.

Jesus, that's awful. Hope she pulls through.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

My Uncle is well into his 80's hasn't been well for a while.  He's in a hospice, and now has COVID.  There is virtually no chance he'll pull through and my poor Auntie (my dads sister) isn't allowed visit him.  So he's literally got, at best probably, a week to live, and his wife can't visit.  This is a cunt of a virus.  I just can't imagine having to suffer that if my wife were sick and her life hanging in the balance.

Sorry to hear this mate. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry to hear this mate. 

He's a lovely lovely man, but we're not close in that I only see him a few times a year, so I'm certainly not fishing for sympathy.  Having a sister in a coma like BBN is the real horror.  But it's just the situation of my Auntie (who I would be close with) not being able to sit with him and even just hold his hand.  That's heart breaking for them.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

He's a lovely lovely man, but we're not close in that I only see him a few times a year, so I'm certainly not fishing for sympathy.  Having a sister in a coma like BBN is the real horror.  But it's just the situation of my Auntie (who I would be close with) not being able to sit with him and even just hold his hand.  That's heart breaking for them.

Nevertheless mate. 

Im terrified how many more of us will have posts like this on here. 

Absolutely tragic times we are going through. 

• Upvote 3

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/consultant-who-pleaded-for-more-nhs-hospital-ppe-dies-of-coronavirus

A hospital consultant has died from the coronavirus weeks after pleading to the prime minister for more personal protective equipment for frontline staff.

Abdul Mabud Chowdhury, a consultant urologist at Homerton hospital in east London, died after spending 15 days in Queens hospital, Romford.

Last month he wrote a Facebook message to Boris Johnson outlining the urgent need for PPE for frontline staff and calling for testing for healthcare workers to be fast-tracked.

He wrote: “Dear and respectable prime minister Mr Boris Johnson, Please ensure urgently PPE for each and every NHS health worker.”

He told Johnson that healthcare workers “are in direct contact with patients” and have a “human right like others to live in this world disease-free with our family and children”.

Chowdhury, who was born in Bangladesh, was 53 and had no underlying health conditions.

The Muslim Doctors Association said it was “deeply saddened” by his death. In a Facebook post it said: “He leaves behind his wife and two children. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.”

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

It's still tragic mate, regardless of how close you are. As you say, horrific for those who are closer and can't even bid their last goodbyes. It must be a huge mental strain and soul destroying. 

Jesus the stories are getting more heart breaking. Heard an old man on the radio yesterday who had to watch his brothers funeral through the church window as he was from a big family and restrictions meant they couldn't all attend. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nevertheless mate. 

Im terrified how many more of us will have posts like this on here. 

Absolutely tragic times we are going through. 

Yeah it's fucking horrible. For a few weeks I was in a bubble due to my own health issues but now I'm feeling better I'm dreading people around me getting it as I know how bad it can be. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

I lost my own mother without being able to hold her hand, just said my goodbyes over the phone as my brother held the phone to her ear. I'll never know if she could even here my words. Obviously under different circumstances, but it left a scar that will never heal. What's going on for many now must be utterly heartbreaking and it will affect people and even communities for years to come. As Captain said earlier, it's astonishing how some folk are blase about it all, despite the fact it can affect anyone both from a personal health issue or someone they hold dear. My own Mother in Law is pissing me off with her attitude towards it all and it's not nice to see my missus helpless to talk sense into her. I know loads of older folk over here who are exactly the same, sad times. 

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Sorry to hear that. Found out this morning my sister's in an induced coma with it.

Can't help but feel it's going to hit everyone in some way. In the end, we'll all know someone affected by it.

Oh god, Babb. Beyond words. Please please let it turn out ok x

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Awful for the guys above, we really need to stick to the lockdown so as few people as possible are affected in such a terrible way.

To those wankers having parties etc, grow the fuck up!

I fear loads of selfish cunts will ignore lockdown over Easter.

Guest Pistonbroke

Loads of coppers riding through the parks on Motorbikes over here in our City, apparently it is having a massive positive effect. From a stats prospective that may give some hope to people affected by this. Still only 1 person who has died in Bielefeld out of 159 confirmed cases and even more positive is that 109 people have totally recovered.  

Raab asking people to stay in and observe the lockdown over the bank holiday weekend.

Meanwhile Johnson’s übercunt of a father decamps to Exmoor and is posting on social media about his constitutionals. Hope the fucker gets eaten by the Hound of the Baskervilles.

Sorry to read that Johnny and Babb, that sounds horrible I hope they manage to recover. And sorry to read about the losses as well Howdy.

I feel a mixture of depression and anger at the gov whenever reading anything like this and thinking of the situation we're in, no amount of cover-up attempts or propaganda should be able to cut through the facts on this when there's an inquiry. Absolutely sickening mess they've made.

• Upvote 3

The combination of daily figures coming this weekend and inevitable footage of people out in the sun acting like bellends over the bank holiday is likely to be the prompt which finally tips us into further restrictions, I reckon.

I’m not exactly a prominent advocate for authoritarian government and I appreciate it’s a deep culture shock for people to be asked to just stay inside, but I’m pretty much at the ‘Just fucking cattle prod them and stop fucking about’ point now.

And people licking food in supermarkets are pure gulag fodder. Absolute cunts.

• Upvote 9