You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

17 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

You’re meant to get the second dose 3-4 weeks after the first which bolsters how effective it is. From what I’ve read there is no firm indication how effective one dose is as opposed to two, only guesswork. 

If it’s only a little less effective getting one dose than two then, yeah, it makes sense but if it is a lot less effective then they should stick to the original plan.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/23/more-data-needed-before-second-vaccine-dose-diverted-to-first-timers-says-covid-adviser

I actually agree with that. I read that irrespective of dosing nobody who had the vaccine in the Oxford trial became seriously unwell or went to hospital with COVID, but thinking about it that will relate to whether the initial dose was full/half, not whether they’d had 1 or 2 doses at that point. Not really enough info available to comment definitively at this point I guess.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Where have you seen it’s one dose as standard? Everything I’ve read has said it’s two doses like the others. 

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine-gets-u-k-nod-how-is-it-different-than-other-shots-11609317308

4CA87CCD-A7CA-4396-A5C0-4365E69FC048.png

They have confirmed today the astrazenica one will be given in 2 doses up to 12 weeks apart. They have dropped the idea of a half dose followed by a full dose, which was the accident of around 2000 of the people on the trial. 

The thing I didn't understand from this is it was supposed to provide 60-odd% efficacy off 2 doses - certainly that was announced weeks ago. And the 1.5 shots was over 90%. Now they appear to be claiming over 70% on one shot and 90% on 2. I don't understand how they can end up at those numbers after what they previously had told us, so it will be interesting to see the details of the report when it is released later today. 

• Upvote 1

Bojo is doing a press conference at 5pm. 

Assume he’ll be sucking his own cock that the UK is world leading in the vaccinations, that we will defeat the virus like how Penicillin helped us beat the Nazi’s and give it a big “V is for Vaccination”. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m proud of this vaccine coming out of one of our world renowned Universities, which will help millions / billions around the world, but it’s got nothing to do with that gob shite. 

Hopefully he’ll set out a clear and, given his previous blustering and unfulfilled promises, achievable route out of this.

I’d also like to hear how the doses etc all work. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Of all the horrible bastards in the US Congress, not to mention the Orange fella, who have had it the only one to die is some guy who was just elected, have never been heard of and was 41 years old.

No underlying health issues. Just took my mrs to Haydock for a test as she's got a bit of a cough. Lot busier than when I went, woman doing test said it's busiest they've been

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Assume he’ll be sucking his own cock that the UK is world leading in the vaccinations, that we will defeat the virus like how Penicillin helped us beat the Nazi’s and give it a big “V is for Vaccination”. 

Handjob already started. "Like Great British code breakers before them...".

Worra prick.

So if they have these 100m doses of the jabs they claim to have today then surely now they should be starting a 24/7 mass programme ASAP to give it to all.

They surely now should have everybody going to docs/hozzies/health centres/pop up centres etc etc etc for as long as it takes.

They should be putting in place masses of resources to get it to everyone around the clock and in as many places as possible.

Free up everybody from work so they can get it....mandate to employers that people have to be given time off with no deduction to pay etc to go and get it.

Inject people 24/7 for as long as takes to do everyone.

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

So if they have these 100m doses of the jabs they claim to have today then surely now they should be starting a 24/7 mass programme ASAP to give it to all.

They surely now should have everybody going to docs/hozzies/health centres/pop up centres etc etc etc for as long as it takes.

They should be putting in place masses of resources to get it to everyone around the clock and in as many places as possible.

Free up everybody from work so they can get it....mandate to employers that people have to be given time off with no deduction to pay etc to go and get it.

Inject people 24/7 for as long as takes to do everyone.

So they're getting St John's ambulance involved. Who in turn are not looking for any new volunteers to help give the jabs. You'd think they'd be spending every minute getting people trained up so we could smash this, but I bet despite the order for the vaccines they're mostly not actually manufactured and ready to go. And when it doesn't work out, it'll be St John's fault. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yeah - seems weird how it works on some people.

Good luck on the test.

There was a study made about risk factors showing that being a man is about as bad as practically being morbidly obese (BMI between 35 and 40). Combine maybe some other unlucky genetic factors he had and possibly high viral load when he caught it, and maybe that's what's up. 

Almost makes me wish I had a pussy. 

31 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So they're getting St John's ambulance involved. Who in turn are not looking for any new volunteers to help give the jabs. You'd think they'd be spending every minute getting people trained up so we could smash this, but I bet despite the order for the vaccines they're mostly not actually manufactured and ready to go. And when it doesn't work out, it'll be St John's fault. 

About right.

You'd think they'd want to roll it out as fast as possible and spare no expense, throw whatever can at it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I have to ask, is anybody in the UK adhering to the guidelines, masks, not meeting up etc........ 

I still see people go into shops without masks on. Schools when they're in are not required to wear masks. On a slightly darker note, when I was in a public toilet I noticed a guy after using the urinal run his hands under the water then use the air dryer for ten seconds. This was in a supermarket. No doubt he would have gone on to touch stuff around the store.