You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

13 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Good signing if true

Wolves are closing in on the signing of Red Bull Salzburg forward Hwang Hee-chan, with a £23m fee having been agreed for the 23-year-old South Korea international

It's a shame they're getting butchered, I'd put 20 quid on them winning the uefa cup. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It's a shame they're getting butchered, I'd put 20 quid on them winning the uefa cup. 

Yeah looking like they could lose the whole front 3 in one window. 

I'm sure they have a plan as it's their structure but no doubt the mancs will get them and batter them claiming it such a great victory over a team we struggled against 

21 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah looking like they could lose the whole front 3 in one window. 

I'm sure they have a plan as it's their structure but no doubt the mancs will get them and batter them claiming it such a great victory over a team we struggled against 

I hope this type of thing happens, and continues to happen.

Comparing what they do to what we do, and keeping an eye out for where we 'struggle' while we run away with the league and batter the best teams in Europe and around the world.

The more they convince themselves that all is going according to plan, the more it hurts them at how successful we have and will become.

We've had years of experience of this ourselves while they won everything and gave two flying fucks about what we thought about how they were doing it.

And all this while we continued to delude ourselves with 'evidence' to justify the fallacies. 

• Upvote 2

it’s a testament to how well things are going under Klopp and Edwards that this thread is the on the second page. Gone are the days when we’d spend hundreds and hundreds of pages speculating on incoming players and arguments about how good or bad they’d be. It seems our collected opinion on this is ‘they’ve got it covered’. I’d like to see some new players in the summer, just to add a few things through the squad and to replace a few players and add cover to the stars. I also thing we need one more midfielder who can drive from deep. 

Also, what do people make of Kalvin Phillips? He looks like a player ripe for the picking prior to promotion. You can never really tell if they can make the step up but he seems to have the raw ability. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone seen much of that Boubakary Soumare at Lille?. I suppose 3 Stacks is the man for this. A few teams are after hom in January for about £50m but his contract expires in the summer (£50m does seem a bit high given his contract). 

Never seen him play but he's only 20 and very highly rated. Should tell him to fuck the Mancs Chelsea and Arsenal off and sign a pre contract with us if he's that good.

38 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'd sign troare from wolves. Squad player who teams need to double up on leaving Trent to ping away. Mind you I suppose teams don't play high up enough to take advantage of his pace against us. 

It’d be a hazard for Koppites who would continually have the ball kicked at them every time he tried to cross it. 

• Upvote 2

Liverpool have reportedly opened talks with Sevilla over a potential £65m deal to sign talented defender Diego Carlos – a man Jurgen Klopp wants as Virgil van Dijk’s long-term partner at the heart of defence.

Dutchman Van Dijk has been a revelation during his two years at Anfield, helping the club win three trophies and playing a leading role in their march to what appears to be Premier League title success this season.

However, Klopp remains undecided on the best person to partner Van Dijk, and while the likes of Joe Gomez, Joel Matip and Dejan Lovren have all enjoyed periods in the side and impressed alongside him, all three are prone to injuries and none have been able to knuckle down and cement a regular shirt.

Matip remains on the sidelines until later next month with the defender struggling to recover from a troublesome knee injury.

As such, Klopp is keen to address a perceived chink in his side’s armour and reports in Spain claim he has targeted a deal for Carlos.

The Brazilian has impressed since a bargain £13.5m switch from Nantes over the summer, and the £65m exit clause they placed in his deal, suddenly looks vulnerable.

And according to Spanish publication Eldesmarque, Liverpool have already tabled a £65m offer for his services in an effort to bring the 26-year-old to Anfield.

As per the report, however, Real Madrid are also keen on the centre-half, having identified Carlos as a long-term successor to Sergio Ramos in the heart of the defence.

It’s claimed any deal will likely wait until the summer, but Liverpool hope to get in there early by opening talks with Sevilla – currently third in the LaLiga table – early.

The Reds are likely to have a quiet January, with Takumi Minamino already having signed in a bargain £7.25m deal.

Yep, there's no way we're spending massive sums of money on another centre back in the next few years; if Gomez stays fit then he's already that level of CB. This season has shown that we can rotate the three alongside Virgil and still do more than ok. Gomez will be the long term partner, Mario will rotate in for plenty of games and Lovren/A N Other will be fourth choice.

I’d like us to do something about the FB positions in the next year. While Milner does a good job filling in it’s unsustainable for Robbo and Trent to keep putting the shift in required in a position that arguably the most intense in the team.

Theres a real drop off when Joe fills in too and he’s a CB all day.

We may be good if Hoever/Williams or another can make the jump but a versatile defender who could fill in either side might be a decent acquisition to keep it fresh.

On 27/12/2019 at 23:59, El Rojo said:

Michael Edwards has ruined these threads. We’ll sign somebody world class for a fraction of what they’re worth and sell some magic beans to Bournemouth for £37.5m. Boring. 

Ian Ayre is on his way in to Melwood to offer advice 

1A205289-5506-40F0-B5FA-11D37FD5A105.gif