Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 808 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

12 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'll save my outrage for when there's something concrete. A few journos ran with City likely being exonerated before the UEFA ruling too, and it came purely out of City's overconfidence.

If FFP dies, then the pan-European breakaway league inches closer, and City et al will be left smashing Wolves and Spurs to titles in a meaningless contest. It's in their own interests to find a middle ground.

How is this European super league thing going to work anyway? Teams flying out every weekend to a European capital to play a game! Not too practical if you ask me.

Imagine if Newcastle are bought. Their wealth dwarfs citys. Unlimited spending. Be interesting to see it all unfold during the transfer window at the very least. 

If UEFA lose then it's going to become a circus, just watch the spectacle until it all becomes so uncompetitive you turn over.

1 hour ago, therevivalist said:

How is this European super league thing going to work anyway? Teams flying out every weekend to a European capital to play a game! Not too practical if you ask me.

My wife would love the away trips. 

Mind you if she had her way it would be more Orient Express than Transalpino. 

I hate the idea of a super league. I mean I don't feel in any way English, but I just like the traditional do well in your native league-qualify for Europe routine and then the trips especially when you get a team you haven't played before from somewhere in eastern europe. However, the level of knobheads knocking around the country  that came to the fore with their Liverpool void banter make me think fuck this I'm quite happy playing Barca this week and Bayern the next.

A lot to iron out though. Will footballers who play in the league be banned from playing for their national team. Also, will there be a means for clubs like say Celtic or Ajax to get into the league, or even other clubs from smaller countries. They probably need to have a 2nd super league to allow for promotion from the 1st division and allow a certain number of clubs come in. I would imagine there isn't a hope the Scottish Football Association let Celtic fuck off and play in it and then come back if they got relegated from it, let alone UEFA though.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Imagine if Newcastle are bought. Their wealth dwarfs citys. Unlimited spending. Be interesting to see it all unfold during the transfer window at the very least. 

If UEFA lose then it's going to become a circus, just watch the spectacle until it all becomes so uncompetitive you turn over.

I expect City's owners, Pep and their fans would be the first to whinge. 

35 minutes ago, Special K said:

Just watching Football Focus. Lawrenson has just described us as a long ball team. Fucking hell.

He's harmless but clueless.

We aren't a long ball team ,  but we are playing a lot more long balls than we used to.

It's not a bad thing as opposition teams cant fully press us back as we have another option which strands quite a few of their players. On a less technical note , if you have the pace of Sadio andMo to work with why wouldn't you try to use it on occasion.

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Just watching Football Focus. Lawrenson has just described us as a long ball team. Fucking hell.

I actually don't mind him. He doesn't have an agenda and is surrounded by

some dickheads in punditry.

What I can't grasp is how someone who was such a great player could be so clueless about the game.

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

We aren't a long ball team ,  but we are playing a lot more long balls than we used to.

It's not a bad thing as opposition teams cant fully press us back as we have another option which strands quite a few of their players. On a less technical note , if you have the pace of Sadio andMo to work with why wouldn't you try to use it on occasion.

We play long passes at times not long hopeful humps up the field.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Cantwells hair! It disgusts me.

Norwich disgust me !

They have totally caved in since the restart, they have been abysmal. 

25 minutes ago, sir roger said:

If I know Deeney webs all his penalties down the middle, how come Newcastles goalie and coach dont ?

He’s just done the same again..

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Not to mention the fact that the two owning Sheikhs albeit from different  countries are in close cahoots with each other. 

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Fuckin' Norwich. I really wanted 'Winner' Moyes and his cunt club to go down.

A little bit unrealistic there, mate. Moyeseh needs a full season to do the job properly.

You don't need to win to be a winner, but you need a full season to win the chase for Championship football.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

A little bit unrealistic there, mate. Moyeseh needs a full season to do the job properly.

You don't need to win to be a winner, but you need a full season to win the chase for Championship football.

True- on the bright side, West Ham will have at least one more season for him to work his inspirational magic on them.

• Upvote 1